IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

re-read it. it's pretty clear.

I did and I see where you're going with this, but i'm arguing the fact that just because I like something about it, doesn't mean i'm going to go on and on trying to defend any other critique about him to sustain my own interest. I'm perusing through what's going on about him, finding things I like and dislike. Not trying to defend his album on multiple message boards and chewing others out for saying it sounds like shit.

Okay...but that's not what I'm talking about.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

both of the never le nkemise's are definitely pisstakes of our sonny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb1WJltGnJw

It also sounds like a brostep cover of Dead Can Dance's The Carnival is Over, with the original intro pads slowed and pitched down.

Or I'm just drunk.

Edit: nah, just drunk.

Edit: The Wind that Drops the Barley

has anyone posted this yet? Not actually Skrillex related but I can't be bothered searching for an all-purpose wubstep thread.

http://www.spin.com/...crowd-wrong-way

It's a laugh riot.

"British producer Cookie Monsta reportedly experienced 11th-hour Visa problems"

:biggrin:

"

Dubstep Debacle: Atlantic City Awards Ceremony Wubs Crowd the Wrong Way"

bahahaha, that's like an onion headline

oscillik has a crush on Sonny and it makes his Autechre nerd angry = this thread

he is a major hottie. gotta love that half head of hair.

In all seriousness, though, I actually think he looks badass. I'm probably the only one here who thinks that.

oscillik has a crush on Sonny and it makes his Autechre nerd angry = this thread

he is a major hottie. gotta love that half head of hair.

In all seriousness, though, I actually think he looks badass. I'm probably the only one here who thinks that.

Yeah you are probably the only one. He looks like a pussy to me.

I still like you though mr gmanyo

LOL I'm going to Bamboozle in May. I guess I'll be bumping and grinding some Skrillex fans.

How do reconcile my inner IDM geek with my desire to grind hot, vapid girls? That is the question, and I look forward to finding out.

http://pitchfork.com.../8798-skrillex/

for your entertainment.

Pretty good interview. Makes him seem like a much nicer dude than the others. I still don't like his music at all though.

Truth—nice read! His music isn't my kind of stuff at all, but he came off as pretty goddamned humble and legitimately into a pretty eclectic spread of music. I'm sure he'd be a really nice dude in person, all music tastes aside.

http://pitchfork.com.../8798-skrillex/

for your entertainment.

Pretty good interview. Makes him seem like a much nicer dude than the others. I still don't like his music at all though.

Truth—nice read! His music isn't my kind of stuff at all, but he came off as pretty goddamned humble and legitimately into a pretty eclectic spread of music. I'm sure he'd be a really nice dude in person, all music tastes aside.

This has been a wonderful year for my personal development and overall outlook on life. A year ago I secretly hoped he'd tour London with the off-chance that someone in Croydon would stab him. Now I read an interview with him and immediately conclude that I like this guy. His attitude and artistic goals in making music are respectable and completely make up for the fact that I really, really don't like his output. The Caustic Window mention on his part legitimized his RDJ fandom imo, and the encounter with Richard himself sounds legit. Would of liked to get an insight on his seemingly ironic interest in Burzum, but oh well. Good read.

The more interviews I read and see of him, the more and more ashamed I truthfully feel for having slagged him off.

At the end of the day, he's actually one of us - a guy who loves electronic music (clearly), and I have been a massive twat for playing the elitist card. As I have said earlier in the thread, I think it would actually be cool to chat and hang about with Sonny, talking music and films and games and stuff.

Yeah, so I don't like the music, it's not to my taste. But that shouldn't mean I automatically hate the guy. And I realise that now, and just feel really like a massive cunt.

Usually I'm such an egotistical bastard that I'm quite steadfast with my words and actions, I generally have no regrets. But with the way I've hated on Sonny, I really do feel ashamed.

I know he's likely not even checking this thread, but man, I am sorry I've been a cunt to you.

The more interviews I read and see of him, the more and more ashamed I truthfully feel for having slagged him off.

Same here. I think he's matured himself too. His earlier attitude in interviews (like the MTV one about Britney Spears that made me aware of his presence in the first place) seemed a bit arrogant but also confused. He's handled being "hated on" quite well, especially for someone shoved into the spotlight. He's a kid after all. Hell, I think we could all take notes from his current attitude, and I'd prefer him as a musical role model to teens than a plethora of other music industry "icons." Keep on, uh, skrillin' Skrillex.

Oh, on an unrelated note, Skrillings are apparently a Star Wars EU creature.

To make up for poor eyesight, Skrillings relied on their keen sense of smell to discover food, by inhaling deeply through their breathing tubes. This produced a high-pitched whistle which could be heard for kilometers.

Would of liked to get an insight on his seemingly ironic interest in Burzum, but oh well. Good read.

Ironic how? Aren't there a few Burzum fans on WATMM? I think we've all matured to a point where it's ok if we're interested in genres that don't have much in common.

Or are you referring to him wearing a Burzum t-shirt at a gig? I'm sure many electronic musicians like to wear unrelated t-shirts when performing.. myself included.

I am kinda interested in hearing how his work will evolve from this point onwards.. once the brostep thing dwindles.

Guest RadarJammer

Hey guys just dropped (LOL GET IT) in to say, 84 fucking pages???

This thread has all the right ingredients for a meth binge jerk off fantasy

tumblr_llf2xzmnyo1qb2g3yo1_400.jpg

I am kinda interested in hearing how his work will evolve from this point onwards.. once the brostep thing dwindles.

the interviewer did say something about a 10 minute track SM showed him that didn't sound anything like what he has released or something.

Archived