IGNORED

Drexciya

essines

I'm just going to borrow this thread for a second. It's kind embarrassing I have to ask this because I consider myself a big fan of James Stinson.

But which specific Drexciya tracks has he made? I'm having a hard time getting into the Drexciya releases as much as James Stinson's solo works.

(I'm a bit new to the Drexciya releases).

I think I enjoy the later “solo Stinson” Drexciya releases the best, too. I mean it’s all great, but right around 7 Storms time it got REALLY eerie and funky and weird and beautiful and kind of all falling apart a little and that’s the stuff I like the best.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DLqivPFRfM

"One of the things is Polymono Plexusgel; that's the gel that is alive but not alive. The energy that makes it live is from the energy that lives in Drexciya - the magic - and it comes from the Earth. The Polymono Plexusgel and the strands tap themselves right down into the planet. The planet actually gives itself life, can you catch me?”

• 1 month later...
Guest blakeboogie

Drexciya are the absolute masters. A rare interview with the late, great James Stinson here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-LoZho4HC8&feature=related

Amazing that they (mostly Stinson) were able to release 7 quality albums in such a short space of time.

I've got 4 of the Storm Series and I really hope clone repress Lab Rat XL, and while they're at it ship out Volume 2 of the Deep Sea Dweller Compilation :biggrin:

Need The Other People Place for my collection but it's not cheap.

post-4195-0-03349700-1337304330_thumb.jpg

Edited by blakeboogie

I'm getting more and more and more into Drexciya right now...Even the tracks I don't really like are growing on me !

Neptune's Lair is still their only album I never really got into, too many tracks maybe, whereas Grava 4 is pure gold to my ears.

Also need to check the other Storm albums (Lab Rat XL etc)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...