IGNORED

Actress - R.I.P

Redruth

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very exciting stuff, though I heard a lot of the tracks when I saw Actress play out in Berlin two times over the winter. Still need more spins to be able to say something, his sounds need a lot of time to really get into.

All the interviews get a bit on my nerves... he seems to be a really nice and normal guy, but all the media makes him more pretentious than he actually is. Above all this Guardian crap only about smoking weed. But that's just my opinion. Anyway. back to listening :music:

the attention to detail here is very inspiring. i'm completely gushing mad for this release. actress and burial have solidified their position as premier producers of avant-electronic rhythm musics

Only had 1 listen but think this could well but a very special album indeed, think it will take a few more listens to properly sink it but reckon actress has proper upped his game on this album (and thats saying something cause his other albums are quality!)

On the first listen I only got 2 stand out tracks, second listen, I ended up liking the entire album as a whole more. This will be getting a lot of spins. Tree of Knowledge is very good.

I'm annoyed that Death Grips and Actress are releasing their albums in the same week, because I can only afford one and I already preordered The Money Store. I need to make some more money.

actress and burial have solidified their position as premier producers of avant-electronic rhythm musics

not familiar with actress but burial? really? jesus christ

actress and burial have solidified their position as premier producers of avant-electronic rhythm musics

not familiar with actress but burial? really? jesus christ

i've been strongly 'affected' by both burial and actress musics. when an artist puts out three releases in a row, that all get my regular attention, then that artist moves to special place in my collection, in my heart, in my brain and in my ears.

I might see him live next month. :emotawesomepm9:

he's fun, i saw him two nights ago. i couldn't actually stay til the end—he didn't go on til after 3 and i had work the next day. :(

i stayed longer than this clip suggests though

Archived