IGNORED

Actress - Statik (LP)

Actress - Statik - new album out 7th June (smalltownsupersound.com)

new album out June 7th. 

Actress — the moniker of British electronic producer Darren Cunningham — announces his new album, Statik, out July 7th via Smalltown Supersound, and shares singles “Dolphin Spray” & “Static.” Cunningham’s latest studio album is imbued with a sense of freedom and stillness. From conception through creation and release, Statik has been blessed with an almost unnatural ease. For Actress, who wrote the majority of this  record in an extensive flow state, the celestial and expansive project serves as a testament to artistic liberation. “Static,” a shadowy and buzzy ambient track released quietly last week, sets the stage for the bouncy and twinkling “Dolphin Spray.” 

Once ‘inside’ the Statik experience, listeners may well find themselves newly calm and meditative. Of course, those well-versed in Actress’s works are well-traveled when it comes to fantastical flights of the mind. Transportive sonics that spark inner-voyages – whether through nocturnal cityscapes, or far above and beyond, through Saturn’s rings and past Pluto’s moons – are prime Cunningham terrain. Yet while Statik is unmistakably an Actress LP, it’s also distinctly aquatic and subtly primordial, and so offers his audience novel elemental atmospheres to flow through. Listening closely, influential visions of aqueous realms, such as the mythic Atlantis, and evocations of ancient ceremonies as well as flying birds (and, perhaps, humans) may reveal themselves. No matter if Statik inspires you to soar above or below the horizon, Actress and Smalltown Supersound promise you a safe and transcendent journey.

Statik Tracklist:

1. Hell
  2. Static
  3. My Ways
  4. Rainlines
  5. Ray
  6. Six
  7. Cafe Del Mars
  8. Dolphin Spray
  9. System Verse
  10. Doves Over Atlantis
  11. Mello Checx

• Like 9

This guy is creative as fukk lately?

I tried to explain his music to my friends as dude on drugs in the park that feeds ducks  and then goes home to make a track out of it

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

This guy is creative as fukk lately?

I tried to explain his music to my friends as dude on drugs in the park that feeds ducks  and then goes home to make a track out of it

jfc lmao this is perfect

edit: He is always hit and miss with me but I am really digging both of these new tracks quite a bit

Edited by jules

On 4/25/2024 at 2:30 PM, X4creek said:

System Verse was on the first LXXXVIII w/ Actress mix for NTS btw!

I am beyond excited for this! LXXXVIII (the album) was one of the best of last year for me and LXXXVIII (mixes) were even better!!!! Won't listen to any of the singles leading up to the release.

Very much this...listening to the NTS again this afternoon, so fucking good.

Psyched for the new album, the guys been on fire recently and was already one of my fav artists.  Big up the duck feeding crazy dude 😜 

Edited by kirm
  • Like 1