IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

i watched like 1.5 seasons of breaking bad, pretty sure i was enjoying it (i think, maybe less and less with every episode) but then just stopped and never felt like continuing

i don't care what happens

yeah, my enjoyment is going down with every episode .... i'm hoping it will pick up..

The drug dealers are a bit annoying and unrealistically dumb, but keep watching because season 3 is bananas.

And Season 4 is just, wow.

I too lost interest around the same spot but came back to it out of curiosity and now I'm hooked. Season 5 can't come soon enough.

(null)

Just watched the Breaking Bad episode introducing Saul in season 2 (about halfway through the season). I'm still pretty into it. First time watching it in a couple months though.

Guest RadarJammer

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE not bad at all, I don't like most of the Gundam franchise but this is one of the few gems. I need my occasional dose of space opera and this delivers.

Watched the entire first season of Firefly within the space of 48hours, loved it. Now time for the next seas..oh

There's Serenity, at least.

You should check out Dollhouse if you haven't. It starts out really shitty but by Season 2 it's actually wonderful.

One foot in the grave - It seems to be back on quite often. I never really followed it much, but now I'm finding it entertaining and a lot funnier than I remember it.

Watching Torchwood: Miracle Day. It's ok. Probably should have been a 5 episode series instead of 10. Children of Earth was better. But I'd watch Eve Myles stare at a wall for ten episodes.

i watched like 1.5 seasons of breaking bad, pretty sure i was enjoying it (i think, maybe less and less with every episode) but then just stopped and never felt like continuing

yeah, my enjoyment is going down with every episode .... i'm hoping it will pick up..

The drug dealers are a bit annoying and unrealistically dumb, but keep watching because season 3 is bananas.

what do you find annoying and unrealistically dumb?

Guest zaphod

really started in on game of thrones. it's all over the place. the acting ranges from decent to terrible. the woman playing cersei lannister is fucking terrible. no range, just an arched eyebrow and a smug curve at the end of her mouth. it's like watching a caricature of a thoughtful person. the whole show seems pretty cliched, full of stock types and generic fantasy tropes. every line of dialogue is some kind of bullshit stock wisdom. and yet, really entertaining overall. can't stop watching. i'm part of the problem.

maybe the mexican twins, for a start

I dunno, I've enjoyed it. Do they actually do anything unrealistic? I don't remember

Guest sirch

just started watching 'Awake' on Sky Atlantic.

dunno why all these good British actors have to put on phoney American accents, though.

but thankfully Jason Isaacs' isn't half as bad as Hugh Laurie is in House!

they do...

I watched the one the other day after the shoot out. Walt goes and sees the surviving bro in his hospital bed. With bleedy stump legs he drags himself outta bed and crawls towards the door messing the floor and sending wires all over.

I doubt that EVER has or will happen.

Guest Sprigg

Just finished season 1 of Eureka. I can't decide if I like the show or not... they focus way too much on the crappy drama, and the women are all there for eye candy and most of the characters are very one-dimensional. Some cool gadgets, but it feels like crappy NCIS (which I don't like) in a sci-fi setting. But I can't stop watching it.

Edited by Sprigg

I dunno, I've enjoyed it. Do they actually do anything unrealistic? I don't remember

my problem with it is that Walt and Jesse are believable characters - Walt being a totally straight dude who has found himself embroiled in a crimal environment and dealing with it... that's fair enough. jesse, his partner, was always (before they let on in the 4th or 5th episode) a suburban middle class douchebag so his unrealistic criminal persona was believable because he was all in actuality a well-to-do nice middle class boy pretending to be a G.

HOWEVER... when there is any portrayal of actual criminals, the scriptwriting becomes blatantly unrealistic. So far (i'm only 7 episodes in) all the scenes with "real" criminals have been a bit cringey and/or laugh inducingly bad.

Guest disparaissant

yeah the first season and a half of breaking bad was pretty good but beyond that i just stopped caring. it got pretty ridiculous.

i'm currently enjoying the shit out of veep. i think my one criticism of it is that, unlike the thick of it, the characters ALL use ridiculously foul-mouthed insults to mock each other. it kind of loses some characterization like that. i guess gary doesn't, but that's because the guy who plays him (buster bluth) is some kind of hardcore christian and refuses to swear on tv shows.

also they need to show more of sue. from the few lines she's gotten it's apparent that she is basically donna from parks and rec. which. is. great.

also game of thrones. and im thinking about rewatching xena warrior princess because fuck you i love schlock.