IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Breaking Bad season 3 and into season 2 of the Sopranos with the gf.

Then there´s also a mixture of Reno 911, The Office, King of Queens and Big Bang Theory we try to watch through.

Guest Al Hounos

Life's Too Short.

Pretty funny, but it's just the same old Ricky Gervais. Skippable.

On the other hand, re-watched The Office (UK). What a brilliant show. It is really a cutural milestone. Perfectly captured that time and place.

stopped watching Downton Abbey at episode 3 of season 2 after blasting through season 1 in a single day or two...

I realized it was fucking with my head and manipulating my emotions a really vulgar way. I guess I overreacted though, I still think Season 2 starts off really weak compared to the brilliance of the first. Now it's picking up, and I'm really glad I turned it back on. The show is a soap opera in structure to be perfectly honest, though it's much more than that as well. I'm growing to like the Thomas character more this season.

This writer wrote Gosford Park which I suspected had something to do with it, but that takes it to another level.

gosford_park_richard_e_grant.jpg

tumblr_ledlk1N90B1qzvg7do1_500.png

I think the show faltered because it became too obvious that it was honing in on my emotions by manipulating the very fabric of the characters in between season 1+2... in order to follow a specific emotion pattern. That's just my theory though, I don't want to offer my explanation for why I feel that way.

Guest RadarJammer

Just finished watching Downton Abbey. I watched it because of talk in this thread and I was pretty satisfied. The juxtaposition of soap opera and my real life is better comedy than Gallagher smashing a watermelon with slimy bits of rind flying into my mother in law's busty cleavage. I believe the holy grail of soap opera would be the master beta tapes of the General Hospital "Ice Princess" saga of 1981 converted to blue ray.

well i was trying to get into Angry Boys (a new show byt he Summer Heights High guy) and it wasn't doing it for me, the black guy character Smouse was just way too ridiculous Robert Downy JR level black face but the final episode totally delivered. Really good way to wrap up the show, but it takes a lot of not too funny moments to get there. The twin brother characters are my favorite in the show, but Smouse's final song delivered.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Can we get this thread stickied?

Boss

Didn't love it but it all came together in the final episode nicely. Looking forward to more. Also cute girl is cute

Homeland

About halfway through I think, I keep thinking its getting bad but it draws me back in. no idea where it is going. Cute wife is cute

Guest RadarJammer

Starting up China Beach and Remember Wenn. Both of these shoes have some really strong pilots, China Beach especially is a real diamond in the ruff (80's drama). Episode 1 of Remember Wenn had my socks in a bunch.

Guest disparaissant

Twin Peaks

It will have been 23 years since Pete Martell found Laura Palmer's body (WRAPPED IN PLASTIC) this friday.

I hope that sentence makes someone feel old.

Twin Peaks

It will have been 23 years since Pete Martell found Laura Palmer's body (WRAPPED IN PLASTIC) this friday.

I hope that sentence makes someone feel old.

:wtf:

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Homeland

About halfway through I think, I keep thinking its getting bad but it draws me back in. no idea where it is going. Cute wife is cute

finished last night. good show. not great but good. glad they kept brody as i wanted him to be but shame he chickened out. i'm assuming that the point of the show was to make you sympathetic to terrorists and make you conflicted and think about it from another angle. everyone wanted the vp to die right?

made us think about how good it would be for someone to make a 1 season tv show that doesn't have to set up the next 10 series. has that happened? (intentionally)