IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Guest RadarJammer

Borgen. It's a Danish drama-series on (Danish) politics. Was a tip from a friend who works at the Dutch government. She basically said this series was so realistic, the writers must have had plenty of inside knowledge.

If you enjoy House of Cards and like to have something less "Hollywood", and you're able to find a copy with subtitles (it's all in Danish...), than this is a must have..

Danish programmes like Borgen and The Killing have been big here in Britain the last few years. Borgen was good, i've only watched the first season though. my favourite though is The Bridge - i guess Swedish/Danish rather than just Danish. the premise is that a body is found on the bridge between Copenhagen and Malmo, lain out right across the border. well worth checking out - i thought it was just going to be a Killing imitation at first, but it's quite different.

The Bridge was already remade in the USA i don't think its any good compared to the original

i couldn't get into the new season of borgen for some reason maybe i'll try again later

the latest season of engranges felt kinda forced and boring too

for me it seems that the 2000's was the golden age for foreign tv shows and now that they know they can be succesfull internationally they change the writing styles to be more dumbed down/westernized/cliched

Edited by RadarJammer

Guest Ron Manager

i haven't seen the American remakes of The Bridge or The Killing - not sure i'm really fussed about them, the originals were just fine...

i've actually never heard of Engrenages/Spiral, but it sounds right up my street. will search it out!

did anyone watch Les Revenants/The Returned? i loved it, although series 2 could make or break it. outstanding soundtrack by Mogwai too.

The Bridge was fucking awful, sooo much setup for a serial killer that didn't exist. plus they padded it with all kinds of social crap about the Mexican border, will not be watching season 2.

Dracula pilot was awful, I'll stick with the movie.

Tomorrow People is needlessly full of CW teen crap, mostly aimed at girls.

Agents of SHIELD is unfortunately worse by the week. if they don't start to include some more b-list Marvel characters, that show will sink.

Edited by Rubin Farr

I just mainlined 2 seasons of breaking bad straight to the dome

can't believe netflix doesn't have 5b. now what am I supposed to do when my bb blood levels subside

finished watching "shameless".

for me it is a 9,5/10. i really cared about the characters.

wrecked family, alcoholic parents, psychotic girlfriends, and a pinch of humour. adorable.

cant wait for season 4.

EDIT: im talking about the US version.

Edited by mizuki

Does Homeland get better the further you get into it?

So far I find it incredibly boring.

It gets much much worse.

Just finished the 1st season of Hatufim (aka. Prisoners of War - Israeli show that Homeland is (loosely) based on).

Much much much better.

No plans to air or release season 2 with English subs as far as I can tell though :/

Edited by LUDD

always sunny in philadelphia... this season seems to be pretty fucking funny<br /><br />i never noticed that about the thread title

Watched a couple of episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.LD. I don't think I'll be doing that again.

Twin Peaks

didn't grip me at first, but upon starting again from the beginning i'm totally fascinated with it.

i know, i'm late to the party.

Serial Experiments Lain

the opening theme is soooooo good. It's one of those tunes where every single element has its own catchy little melody, & there's little peripheral grooves going on in the background - there's this one little high-register guitar line drifting around in the background midway through. I didn't even notice it the first few times but it's exactly the kinda thing that makes me go "ah shiiittttt" when I find one

• 2 weeks later...

Bates Motel - Just finished watching series 1 tonight. Pretty good shit. It fills in the backstory with what was going on with Norman and his protective mother living in the modern era. It was delightfully unpredictable with some of the sub plots. And Vera Farmiga is great actress. Gotta wait about a year now for series 2 :-(

The Fall - show about some serial killer blah blah blah when all I cared about was watching Gillian Anderson go back into Scully mode...no but seriously I really liked it. I liked how we knew who the bad guy was from the get-go and how he didn't fit the stereotypical TV serial killer mold.

Broadchurch - I thought it was pretty good until the killer was revealed in the last episode...the motivation behind the whole thing just wasn't that solid. It definitely reminded me of The Killing in places...I did really like the 2 main detectives.

Edited by zero

www.charlierose.com

interviews dick cheney one day and aziz ansari the next. mahmoud abbas and benjamin netanyahu in the same week. he interviewed led zeppelin recently and just repeatedly asked them to get back together. he is the man.

have you seen the interview with the Coen bros for a Serious Man? They brought in the guy who played the brother, the guy who plays larry david's brother in curb your enthusiasm . They seemed very non plussed to be there and let the guy from A Serious Man field almost every question to the point where it seemed like they brought him along just so they could duck out of being interview subjects for a whole 45 minutes

• 2 weeks later...