IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Pretty well made so far, some funny gags and lots of movie stars. It alternates between Pete Davidson today (minus the celebrity girlfriends), and right after his father was killed on 9/11. Pesci and Cannavale are great.

IMG_8894.webp

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2023 at 1:59 PM, GORDO said:

Binged about 7 or 8 episodes. I'm sure I'll end up hating wherever it goes with a passion, but here I go...

On 5/5/2023 at 5:53 AM, T3551ER said:

lol I have similar fears - like... please have a plan, let it be a good plan, and execute on that plan. Still, though, scratches a particular itch really well 

i had similar anxiety when the show first began, but i think they've done a good enough job even with the start of the second season (i'm i the only one there so far?) so i've still got my fingers crossed

also, can i just mention boyd's son dating persian lisa bonet are two of my least favorite characters not just because of the juxtaposition of the guy's lack of acting chops and the girl's quality of giving clumsy dramatic beats. it's distracting but also amusing

16 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i had similar anxiety when the show first began, but i think they've done a good enough job even with the start of the second season (i'm i the only one there so far?) so i've still got my fingers crossed

also, can i just mention boyd's son dating persian lisa bonet are two of my least favorite characters not just because of the juxtaposition of the guy's lack of acting chops and the girl's quality of giving clumsy dramatic beats. it's distracting but also amusing

flol @ "persian lisa bonet" 

Ok, this is all reassuring - I also read something from the showrunner that basically was like "we learned from our mistakes on Lost and have a clear roadmap for where this is all going, even if we deviate along the way." Then the fear is, like, pleeease don't get cancelled. 

I'm exercising the most delayed-gratification willpower ever not starting the 2nd season, but really glad it's going well. My plan is to hold out until about ep 7-8 and start watching because then I'll probably reach the final episode along w/ everyone else. 

7 hours ago, T3551ER said:

flol @ "persian lisa bonet" 

Ok, this is all reassuring - I also read something from the showrunner that basically was like "we learned from our mistakes on Lost and have a clear roadmap for where this is all going, even if we deviate along the way." Then the fear is, like, pleeease don't get cancelled. 

I'm exercising the most delayed-gratification willpower ever not starting the 2nd season, but really glad it's going well. My plan is to hold out until about ep 7-8 and start watching because then I'll probably reach the final episode along w/ everyone else. 

i actually never watched lost but was aware some this show was from the same producers. it's reassuring to know they have a plan. 

btw: i never wanted to start on season 2, but i couldn't help myself. i got through season 1 watching 2 episodes daily so maybe i'm not a proper heavyweight binger

Edited by Nebraska

5 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

i actually never watched lost but was aware some this show was from the same producers. it's reassuring to know they have a plan. 

btw: i never wanted to start on season 2, but i couldn't help myself. i got through season 1 watching 2 episodes daily so maybe i'm not a proper heavyweight binger

LOST was one of the few shows that I watched week to week, and I haven't gone back since - I wonder if the buildup and whatnot will seem artificial or weird when there isn't this long span of time between eps when one would endlessly theorize/conversate about what was going on. I'm in the minority that didn't absolutely hate the last season - but I did dislike that it was clear they had thrown some shit out there that was "oh we'll figure out what that is later" but really never did. 

We're in the same boat in terms of binge fitness - by the time I get done w/ work + household stuff I have time for 1 maybe 2 episodes of anything (and that's if I don't do ANYTHING else, make music, read, whatever). Only reason I got through the first season so quick was b/c I said fuck it and ending up watching some on my lunch break ^o^

Edited by T3551ER

On 5/3/2023 at 12:38 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

New season (4) of Barry. So far so good! 

Spoke too soon…

Spoiler

Actual spoilers

Spoiler

Episode 4 was a hot mess. 
No explanation for how he got out of prison except for shooting 4 guys in one room. 
Also, the whole Fuches beatdown was :blink:

There were several other points in the episode where I felt like what I was watching made zero sense. I don’t remember a single episode like that in the series up til that one. It definitely feels like the writers are just moving pieces recklessly to checkmate the story by the end of the season. I really hope it doesn’t lose me any further because this show has easily been one of my favorite shows of the past 10 years.

Well, I guess you haven't seen episode 5 yet, if you're that picky about episode 4.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Silent Member said:

Well, I guess you haven't seen episode 5 yet, if you're that picky about episode 4.

More thoughts on ep 5…

Spoiler

And spoilers

Spoiler

Now it just feels like they just cut out 2 or 3 seasons and jumped 8 years into the future. I get that it’s a creative choice but especially on the heels of the last episode it is just asking too much of me (and my wife, for that matter) to unquestionably follow the new developments.

I get the logic of the new world 8 years later but all of the humor is magically gone from the show. No thanks. What had me loving the first 3 seasons was the balance of high-stakes thrills and zany lols. That’s all gone now and the strength of the drama on its own is a bit meh. I’m hoping it goes back in time and let’s see what hank has been doing for 8 years. Frankly, any episode without hank slumps for me (even though the last episode didn’t work for me and he was all over it.

I don’t know. I’m not trying to be rude or contrarian at all. Tragically, I just feel that this season is losing me and it’s going to have to do some special stuff to win me back.

• Like 1

Yeah,  I really enjoyed the first three episodes of this season, but my enthusiasm has dwindled. Especially the last episode was a drag, with everyone acting really out of character (imo) and pretty much any trace of humour gone. I'm not feeling it.

• Like 1

Last episode of Race Across The World on now. It’s a very good show. It’s not amazing but worth watching compared to other run-of-the-mill stuff. 

Edited by beerwolf

On 5/3/2023 at 7:38 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

New season (4) of Barry. So far so good! 

one of those making of/behind the scenes/interview with the creators left a really bitter taste in my mouth... I guess it was around s02, since then I never looked at the show the same way as before... they sounded very pompous/full of themselves...

same happened with a band that I used to love... khruangbin... I know it sounds dumb but I can't avoid it...

I'm enjoying dead ringers, feisty/sexy show... I think I watched the movie back in the day but can't member anything about it...

also, don't know if it was here that someone mentioned The Devil's Hour... watched around half of the 1st episode and I almost threw up... what a pile of caca...

btw@ooqpoowhat did you think about Beef ?

Edited by cruising for burgers

I liked the last episode. Like you said, it picks up the pace a bit towards the end of the season. The part where they're bumbling around in the brush had some good, anime style slapstick vibes. Though the season lagged a bit in a (large) section in the middle it was deece, and looking forward to the next season. 

Been watching Rabbit Hole w Kiefer Sutherland and Charles Dance. It's straight up story driven heist/conspiracy style thriller and is doing it pretty well so far. I never got round to watching 24, but I see the two have been compared. 

Atypical was good.

then watched I am not okay with this, which was fun but short. Could have used another season but not sure what they would have done after the crazy ending

then watched The End of the F***ing World. Really really enjoyed that one. 

Now I'm on to Euphoria.. is this how highschool is like these days? :blink:

15 hours ago, YEK said:

Now I'm on to Euphoria.. is this how highschool is like these days? :blink:

at first i was thinking "well they're rolling out the tropes" but i got into it and found myself attached to some of the characters. they do a good meta episode later on. 

ended up watching "The White Lotus" which sucked me in pretty good and is weird and funny and wtf.  each season is a different cast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

at first i was thinking "well they're rolling out the tropes" but i got into it and found myself attached to some of the characters. they do a good meta episode later on. 

ended up watching "The White Lotus" which sucked me in pretty good and is weird and funny and wtf.  each season is a different cast. 

There’s definitely some likeable characters even if they’re all majorly flawed. 

5 hours ago, iococoi said:

... still massacring away.

image.png.093601163875e287f8257486e9906e7c.png

For real. 

Spoiler

I still don’t buy the majority of what we are watching. The only thing I think I buy is that hank is a successful businessman now. Otherwise, the rest seems like nonsense still. 
Why on earth would the Sally we know be such a shitty mom and give her child a big glass of vodka??? I would mayyyybe believe that if the kid was adopted but if she was depressed/isolated/lonely/miserable, I would (as a parent myself) be quicker to believe that she would cling tighter to her child as her only true source of love and compassion, especially since the kid is a really good kid and not some little bastard. 

I also don’t believe that Fuches has changed from being a prison bitch to being a peacocking badass. 

Lastly, Cousineau’s beard is changing a lot in this season. I feel like it’s been 3 different lengths. Additionally, when Barry gets abducted by Janice’s dad, he has long stubble and when he wakes up tied to a chair he is clean-shaven. 

220px-Citadel_Amazon_TV_Show_Promotional

if you've ever watched any of the ethan phelps mission impossible films, then you're probably aware of how utterly insufferable those are in terms of their "missions" and storytelling. this is worse because it's trying to do something similar, but expanded to 'a john wick / continental scenario' with a smaller budget, and less competent actors.

also, the main dame doesn't strike me as someone who's fit for this role but rather, someone who's fit to pay for someone to find her someone who can do all this stuff for her.

basically, this is the rings of power version of spy thrillers out of ten