IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Hey Jeff have you watched Cherry Red Flavour? It’s on Netflix and ticks all the boxes. I loved it (maybe a 8.5/10) also Cruising For Your Favourite Burger liked it too. I don’t think it got much traction on here but its definitely worth your time. Spooky horror and plenty of weirdness. Check it out dude ?

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Any recommendations on any legitimately spooky horror series, anyone? After watching Hill House again I have a real itch for something else. 
Note: I’ve seen all of the other “flannaverse” shows (ie: bly manor, midnight mass, etc). 

• Servant
  • From
  • The Terror (s01 only)

but hey I'm not really into flannaverse so don't trust my recommendations...

not relatable anthologies:

• Room 104
  • Into the Dark
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Hey Jeff have you watched Cherry Red Flavour? It’s on Netflix and ticks all the boxes. I loved it (maybe a 8.5/10) also Cruising For Your Favourite Burger liked it too. I don’t think it got much traction on here but its definitely worth your time. Spooky horror and plenty of weirdness. Check it out dude ?

I don't think that's what Jeff's looking for... he likes ghosts and haunted houses and schlitzes like that...

• Burger 1

55 minutes ago, cruising for burgers said:
  • Servant
  • From
  • The Terror (s01 only)

but hey I'm not really into flannaverse so don't trust my recommendations...

not relatable anthologies:

• Room 104
  • Into the Dark

The Terror (S1) is a great show. I'd also recommend Castle Rock which is on Hulu, which is probably closer in style to the flannaverse stuff.

• Thanks 1

I loved S1 of The Terror. Definitely open to creepy stuff in general. 
@beerwolf I started BNCF and didn’t make it past e1 but because of you I’ll try again ?

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Burger 1

On 6/14/2023 at 10:57 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

I loved S1 of The Terror. Definitely open to creepy stuff in general. 
@beerwolf I started BNCF and didn’t make it past e1 but because of you I’ll try again ?

Wanted to second the recommend for Channel Zero - in particular, the No End House season, which gives off some serious HOL vibes (but also does it's own thing). 

Turns out, the same group did BNCF but... I stopped at ep1 too. Whereas the Channel Zero stuff seemed to grab me immediately BNCF just didn't... maybe will give it another go! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Wanted to second the recommend for Channel Zero - in particular, the No End House season, which gives off some serious HOL vibes (but also does it's own thing). 

Turns out, the same group did BNCF but... I stopped at ep1 too. Whereas the Channel Zero stuff seemed to grab me immediately BNCF just didn't... maybe will give it another go! 

Sorry, what is HOL?

• Like 1

spoilers for HOL/Channel Zero No End House 

Spoiler

in each the protagonist gets to a mysterious house and opens the door and…it’s just full of leaves. just literally millions of leaves filling every inch of the house. with leaves.

not a rake in site! terrifying stuff.

Edited by auxien
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, auxien said:

spoilers for HOL/Channel Zero No End House 

Hide contents

in each the protagonist gets to a mysterious house and opens the door and…it’s just full of leaves. just literally millions of leaves filling every inch of the house. with leaves.

not a rake in site! terrifying stuff.

Spoiler

FLOL 4 real

• Like 1

Ok. So, for a complete tonal shift (100% thanks to my wife wanting to watch it), I watched this entire series and it was awesome….

spacer.png

… so much fun and very ethically questionable. The actors are all incredible. James Marsden as “James Marsden” is hilarious. Such a crazy concept. 
And if you have seen it …

Spoiler

That dude is going to need therapy, seriously. 

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 7:46 PM, Nebraska said:

hqdefault.jpg?w=800&ssl=1

head-damagingly strange. almost to the point where i started to think the entire story was manufactured à la balloon boy saga even though this is capturing the friedman's level of fucked up

yeah this was weird, and hard to really make much sense of with key characters being completely absent from the making of this docu. The real "curious case" here seems to be that of the Barnetts, who seemed really shady, their fragile facade of perfection shattered by the arrival of Natalia, who I reckon was just a handicapped kid (def not 22 but not 8 either lol) with various quirks brought on by abandonment issues. But who knows lol. very strange indeed. The way Michael Barnett increasingly hams it up (and the lawyer lady to a lesser degree) did lower it all to something bordering on the farcical, which just added another level of confusion to the whole thing. The neighbors seemed pretty genuine though. I especially liked the cat lady with all the crucifixes xD

20 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Ok. So, for a complete tonal shift (100% thanks to my wife wanting to watch it), I watched this entire series and it was awesome….

spacer.png

… so much fun and very ethically questionable. The actors are all incredible. James Marsden as “James Marsden” is hilarious. Such a crazy concept. 
And if you have seen it …

Reveal hidden contents

That dude is going to need therapy, seriously. 

Exactly same scenario lol wifey has me watching this and so far so good

• Burger 1

been watching Dark. it's good so far though I am somewhat concerned at how many little threads it's creating. time travel stories are best when kept tight, to avoid the risk of pulling a Lost.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Still slogging my way through the simpsons. Season 30 now. Gonna continue to the end, purely only on principle at this point. PLEASE stop guys!

I gave up circa s13. Saw a few more recent episodes, but nothing past s20ish. Still think s2 to s07/08 is some of the best comedy ever written (I haven't watched an episode in year but quote the Simpsons almost daily ah!).

Still watching The Office (US), for the first time, s08. Laughing a lot.

Also slowly going through Succession s04.

Still waiting for Netflix to drop their Three Body Problem adaptation, and for Apple TV to air new Foundation & For All Mankind seasons. Not sure when new Severant episodes are planned ?

22 hours ago, Nil said:

I gave up circa s13. Saw a few more recent episodes, but nothing past s20ish.

It got bad, then sorta good again, then really bad, and now it's still bad and I think I still have like 4 more seasons to go? :catsuicide:

I grew up with the Simpsons and now I'm almost the same age as Homer. 

• Burger 1

spacer.png

I’m about 4 episodes into this new Fukushima show on Netflix. It’s pretty good but feels a bit low budget at times. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it’s the cinematography or the editing. I don’t know. Still, it’s watchable, has pretty good acting and is obviously about some heavy stuff. 

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

I grew up with the Simpsons and now I'm almost the same age as Homer. 

This, exactly.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1