IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

2 hours ago, T3551ER said:

I've come to the conclusion that as a show to binge this is great fun, but watching episodically is nightmarish.

it's because of how they've written every character. they all take very dramatic cues and phrasing of sentences- or they do what this lady does and act like someone is holding a gun up to their head

the only way i can see binging working for this show if it ends and/or is cancelled so we know how many episodes. otherwise, you'll always have to wait between seasons which is equally as terrible as waiting per week to find out if

Spoiler

kenny has stopped being a lil' bitch

Gallows Pole, hmmm.

See Shane Meadows name involved, think cue that up pronto, gifted 3 episodes of antlers, clipped coins, northerners being very northern & not much else.

You get his ensemble cast approach but in period attire, all chattering over each other. If he’d stretched it out by expanding the actual storytelling it might’ve gained momentum. Instead, the first episode is a bit shit tbh & it’s playing catch-up from then on.

Oh & the antlers dance too, interview on the track selection influences because the end titles pick is a blast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fqlw7c

9 hours ago, Nebraska said:

it's because of how they've written every character. they all take very dramatic cues and phrasing of sentences- or they do what this lady does and act like someone is holding a gun up to their head

the only way i can see binging working for this show if it ends and/or is cancelled so we know how many episodes. otherwise, you'll always have to wait between seasons which is equally as terrible as waiting per week to find out if

Reveal hidden contents

kenny has stopped being a lil' bitch

Yeah, I'm stuck! I flew threw the first season and now I'm semi invested in the characters (and the mysteries) but... if the endgame isn't there (they say they have it planned but who tf knows) and/or if it's cancelled and they haven't been able to wrap it up, that'll blow chunks. 

Spoiler

I like when Kenny throws down his badge and it feels all "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you... you're cool .. fuck you and I'm out" about it

11 hours ago, T3551ER said:

Yeah, I'm stuck! I flew threw the first season and now I'm semi invested in the characters (and the mysteries) but... if the endgame isn't there (they say they have it planned but who tf knows) and/or if it's cancelled and they haven't been able to wrap it up, that'll blow chunks. 

Reveal hidden contents

I like when Kenny throws down his badge and it feels all "fuck you, fuck you, fuck you... you're cool .. fuck you and I'm out" about it

I've been watching (not binging) season 2 and I don't see myself returning for a third. I'm sure there be some fuck you cliffhanger at the end but it doesn't seem to be moving forward. 

It's reminding me off how the walking dead turned mostly into roommate drama arguing about who left the pickle jar open.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GORDO said:

I've been watching (not binging) season 2 and I don't see myself returning for a third. I'm sure there be some fuck you cliffhanger at the end but it doesn't seem to be moving forward. 

It's reminding me off how the walking dead turned mostly into roommate drama arguing about who left the pickle jar open.

haha. FACTS. 

I really think the introduction of the additional people kneecaps the show. The first season seemed much better at creating interesting (sometimes annoying) characters that you end up caring about - but when you only see those people for 5 minutes over the span of like 4 episodes it makes you be like.. "and why do I care again?" And, like you and @Nebraskanote, when they are doing something, they seem to be way OTT, but with little context as to why. 

I'll still probably binge every season and mildly hate myself for it in the end

I’m watching Errol Morris’ “Wormwood” series. The documentary subject is fascinating but the re-enactments feel a bit bloated. As I’m watching the interview segments with the son, I can’t help but be distracted by the fact that he has practically no upper lip. 
spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

52 minutes ago, GORDO said:

Only seen s01. Not interested in 2 atm. Is it redeemable?

I watched all of s01 and don't member being pleased or disappointed but I have s02 ready to watch... but last night I started Mrs. Davis instead...

On 6/10/2023 at 11:22 PM, cruising for burgers said:

I watched all of s01 and don't member being pleased or disappointed but I have s02 ready to watch... but last night I started Mrs. Davis instead...

IMHO Yellowjackets season 2 seems better than season 1; darker and funnier... well I just finished episode 3, let's see were it goes.
Mrs. Davis was/is great fun!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

3 eps in on Mrs. Davis and having great fun...

btw, the whole idea of mixing indiana jones, religion and AI is pretty far out... couldn't see it coming even if it was staring right at my face...

On 6/6/2023 at 5:40 PM, cwmbrancity said:

Gallows Pole, hmmm.

See Shane Meadows name involved, think cue that up pronto, gifted 3 episodes of antlers, clipped coins, northerners being very northern & not much else.

You get his ensemble cast approach but in period attire, all chattering over each other. If he’d stretched it out by expanding the actual storytelling it might’ve gained momentum. Instead, the first episode is a bit shit tbh & it’s playing catch-up from then on.

Oh & the antlers dance too, interview on the track selection influences because the end titles pick is a blast:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0fqlw7c

Yeah I’m watching this now and only half an hour into the first episode and thinking already of binning it. Seems very amateur. Made up on the spot. Quite cringe. I’ll see what happens when the antler mofos turn up. But there’s only so much I will fooookin’ put up with. The script was written by a fooookin’ 18 year old? Foooook off.

Edited by beerwolf

On second thoughts? Is this a fooookin’ comedy? Ahhhh I see. Sorry I got my fooookin’ wires crossed. It’s pretty funny! Fooook.

Edited by beerwolf

Any recommendations on any legitimately spooky horror series, anyone? After watching Hill House again I have a real itch for something else. 
Note: I’ve seen all of the other “flannaverse” shows (ie: bly manor, midnight mass, etc). 

1 hour ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Any recommendations on any legitimately spooky horror series, anyone?

i really enjoyed the Channel Zero seasons…some were better than others (i think i talked about them years ago in this thread) and they’re a bit of a different vibe than the Flanagan stuff but still good/v good imo. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1