IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 6/15/2023 at 1:52 PM, o00o said:

Anyone seen the new black mirror season? I am currently hesitant to pay Netflix 25 bugs for 5 episodes 

only watched the first episode so far and i didn't mind it. i'm not a black mirror fan though. only watched the first season 

HPlcNkH.jpg

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

only watched the first episode so far and i didn't mind it. i'm not a black mirror fan though. only watched the first season 

HPlcNkH.jpg

The last episode might be your thing

demon79.jpg

SpyMaster.jpg?w=1000

tried and finished spy/master because it promised a lot, and i kind of feel down about it, because i so wanted to enjoy this (i want cold war spy stuff!)

the screenplay tried to do something, i can see it, but it feels amateurish/naive idk it's a weird pace, and the actors are not really invested in the characters that well it seems, rather shallow. but the story / timeline setup (idea) is very good, native romanian language, the scenes with nicolae and elena caucescu are great, and they are the best part of the series. unfortunately all this is spoiled by everything else; cliche (of course the young daughter will drink cocacola at the end!),  predictable, unconvincing. the 'spies' show ZERO tradecraft, and that's just does it.

it's like you'd want to film a tractor plowing a field, but you focus on the surrounding bushes instead, waving in the wind and all, with the tractor sound rattling in the background / 10.

Started "For All Mankind" hoping it would be hard sci-fi. It's not. It's drama drenched in cliched writing (pretty sure ChatGPT was involved).

Still curious as to where they take this.

But ... can anyone recommend some truly hard as nails sci fi (as opposed to "game of thrones with spaceships", like Foundation was)? I'd be much, much obliged.

53 minutes ago, Limo said:

Started "For All Mankind" hoping it would be hard sci-fi. It's not. It's drama drenched in cliched writing (pretty sure ChatGPT was involved).

yes

54 minutes ago, Limo said:

that's the catch

55 minutes ago, Limo said:

But ... can anyone recommend some truly hard as nails sci fi (as opposed to "game of thrones with spaceships", like Foundation was)? I'd be much, much obliged.

3 hours ago, Limo said:

If you like hard sci fi I can recommend to check some books by Greg Egan but I find it really hard to find movies like that

On 6/20/2023 at 12:34 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Started the 3rd season of Righteous Gemstones and even though I enjoyed the first two seasons, I’m not sure I care about what happens from here on out. 

Admittedly, I was in something of a mood when I started it last Sunday but I just had this total sensation of not being up for it. Some hilarious comedy has come out of this show though--I'll take another look I'm sure. 

Just finished season one of Fargo (I know, just a tad late).

I can't help but think that the part in the finale where Gus pulls tacos from his mail bag was an homage to the "taco mailman" sketch from MTV's The State.

On 6/20/2023 at 5:23 AM, kichiguy said:

Loch Henry, Joan is Awful and Demon 79 were all decent telly.   

Loved the first 2 - not watched the last yet.. but holy shit "Mazie Day" was really bad. Rushed, zero dark-near-future-tech stuff and no-point-whatsoever plot with a terrible ending... I thought the first 2 were setting up every-episode-is-about-streamberry but nope. I liked the Arran Paul one until the end despite the female character being alfully 2D... they messed up the end altogther I reckon. I don;t mind it being super-dark but .. at the expense of logic? 

In short - starts off strong, 2 clangers... will watch the last one soon as its got good reviews

On 6/19/2023 at 7:12 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The last episode might be your thing

demon79.jpg

still haven't watched this. for whatever reason, i don't remember any of the other episodes. i think they have mostly been meh- especially the one with a the husband who let's his co-worker use his robot avatar only to end up getting cucked. that episode was clearly based on anyone that uses bitchute 

On 6/19/2023 at 12:41 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

I’m about 4 episodes into this new Fukushima show on Netflix. It’s pretty good but feels a bit low budget at times. I can’t quite put my finger on it. Maybe it’s the cinematography or the editing. I don’t know. Still, it’s watchable, has pretty good acting and is obviously about some heavy stuff. 

might watch this next. thanks

yYSR7IV.png

loved season 2. can't wait for a 3rd. i wish amazon would throw about 10th of 'the rings of power' budget into this show instead

On 6/19/2023 at 12:27 AM, toaoaoad said:

It got bad, then sorta good again, then really bad, and now it's still bad and I think I still have like 4 more seasons to go? :catsuicide:

Halfway through Season 30 and I am throwing in the towel. Can't do any more. I really wanted to be able to see it through til the end but yeah, that's just how bad it is.  [Simpsons]

Edited by toaoaoad

On 6/28/2023 at 5:05 AM, Enthusiast said:

The Bear season 2. I love this show. The "Christmas" episode is one of the most intense and uncomfortable things I've seen on tv. Great stuff.

looking forward to watching the new season.  Feel like I am waiting til I'm in the right mood for it tho.