IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 9/17/2023 at 2:33 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Justified: City Primeval - Overall, this wasn't remarkable, Timothy Olyphant overestimated his ability to carry a show on his own, and some of it seemed rushed, especially the 2nd half of the season. But they did save the best for last:

Reveal hidden contents

Raylin was raising Boyd's child after all, saving Boyd til the end was the best idea Olyphant had, this series was presented as having nothing to do with the original Justified, so keeping this quiet was an accomplishment. Now they can get on to season 2, when the strikes end.

Should I watch the original Justified-series first?

If it's available to you, and you have a spare 35 minutes - watch episode 1 of the Korean TV show 'Bargain'.

Don't watch any trailers, don't read up on it, just go in blind and see what you think !

CD Projekt RED has announced a collaboration with global media company Anonymous Content to develop a live-action project set in the Cyberpunk 2077 universe.

Anonymous Content is known for producing Emmy-winning series True Detective and Mr. Robot, along with Academy Award-winning films such as The Revenant and Spotlight. As part of the collaboration, CD Projekt RED is working directly with company head of television Garret Kemble, director of development Ryan Schwartz, and chief creative officer David Levine.

https://www.vg247.com/cyberpunk-2077-live-action-show-25-million-units

LOKI s02e01 is already full on comedy mode. I love this so much. I hope they do not mess it up. 

• Like 1

continental-art.jpg

this show is attempting to give us a backstory to the already weak backstory to the john wick series. very reminiscent of early 90s 'limited series' that attempt to give sequels to popular franchises' (like this) that end up going nowhere but somehow appealing to a fringe minority of people that can't get enough of a particular plot device. 

On 10/6/2023 at 1:41 PM, mcbpete said:

If it's available to you, and you have a spare 35 minutes - watch episode 1 of the Korean TV show 'Bargain'.

Don't watch any trailers, don't read up on it, just go in blind and see what you think !

ok

I don't watch anything atm, I don't think anything can top Twin Peaks specially season 3. 
After watching it all and listen to Twin Perfects 4 hour explanation video on Youtube it all connected! So fucking brilliant mind of Lynch 

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 6:41 AM, mcbpete said:

Thank you, I liked it. 

• Like 1

Feeling kind of burnt out with TV. Might start watching films again. 

Glad I fucked The Bear off, what a fucking massive pile of fucking vapid aggro shit that was.

Haven't done Squid Game yet. Maybe.

• Like 1

True Detective 3 - enjoyed this one, as it kept subverting expectations, and would be prescient now to some of the pedophile hysteria in the US. It was amazing that the entirety of law enforcement was that clueless as to the real crime committed, after 3 rounds of Ali becoming consumed by the mystery of the case.

Mind Hunter S1 - half way thru, great so far if dry in its acting.

FLCL Grunge - done with a cel shaded animation style, it still has a kinetic energy, and outrageous characters. 

Ahsoka was really for the hardcore fans, and the ratings reflected that, but it looked amazing with Doug Chiang's design work.

AHS Delicate - maybe the biggest trainwreck in the series, and that's saying something. They brought in Jennifer Lynch to direct this hot mess, it's bland, derivative of Dead Ringers, and Kim's lips are just ridiculous. And I like Emma Roberts, but this is meh.

Spoiler

I'm guessing she will give birth to 10,000 baby spiders?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

True Detective 3 - enjoyed this one, as it kept subverting expectations, and would be prescient now to some of the pedophile hysteria in the US. It was amazing that the entirety of law enforcement was that clueless as to the real crime committed, after 3 rounds of Ali becoming consumed by the mystery of the case.

Mind Hunter S1 - half way thru, great so far if dry in its acting.

I gotta revisit S3 of True Detective, only watched it once when it aired and did not enjoy as much as the first 2, although the final shot of the S3 was quite nice and very memorable.

S1 of Mindhunter is so good! I really hope that David Fincher returns for a 3rd season. The dude who plays Ed Kemper in S1 is incredible. I guess it is pretty dry the acting but I felt like it meshed well with the other elements of the season film-making wise.

Just finished watching season 2 of Succession and, man, I really can't find a single bad thing to say about it.  My only minor gripe is that Roman's transition from a total fuck-up to someone useful when he had to be was a little too convenient.

But there's not one dull second in this show.  I just marvel at the dialogue in every episode; nothing is wasted, everything punches at me.  There's a perfect balance of laughs and seriousness.  Most of the cast is just spot on in their acting...

IDK, maybe I'm overreacting?

• Like 3

Only Murders in the Building S3 finished out great. i'm a bit of a sucker for murder mysteries that aren't too doom and gloom so this show is basically made for me. fun and silly and a touch dark just enough. having Paul Rudd and Meryl Streep in did some good ramping up of the production. Streep is absolutely stellar of course, but i was surprised at Rudd actually doing something a bit out of his character at moments. was all good. setup for S4 too so will be looking forward to that.

• Like 2

Back on Netflix

An obvious watch did Encounters episode 1. Decent but a little long and slow in places.

Started Season 1 of Love Death + Robots (I started on Season 3 for some reason) Sonnie's Edge, Beyond The Aquila Ridge and Secret War are so far outstanding. Highly recommended.

Edited by beerwolf

On 10/11/2023 at 9:47 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Remastered on HULU/Disney, looks really cleaned up. Before Bruce Willis was a mumbling squinty action star, he was pretty funny. 

IMG_4833.jpeg

this show is the reason i work in film

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Rubin Farr said:

Looks like kind of a Miyazaki/Moebius mashup

reminds me a lot of dragon's heaven but the character animation looks like castlevania

• Like 3

Manga-nifique! How France became obsessed with Japanese anime

3149.jpg.eca7c3e0c8fe5bc9e8aee452427f74b6.jpg

On 10/12/2023 at 12:28 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Looks like kind of a Miyazaki/Moebius mashup

On 10/12/2023 at 7:31 AM, o00o said:

wow this looks extremely polished. every frame could be out of a graphic novel

54 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

reminds me a lot of dragon's heaven but the character animation looks like castlevania

Edited by cruising for burgers

Watching that Spanish bloke who made Pans Labyrinth, horror thing on Netflix. It's okay. The endings aren't as good as you imagine they will be. Usually ends up with some octopus beast going down a throat. Sorry for the spoiler. On episode 4...🦑

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Watching that Spanish bloke who made Pans Labyrinth, horror thing on Netflix. It's okay. The endings aren't as good as you imagine they will be. Usually ends up with some octopus beast going down a throat. Sorry for the spoiler. On episode 4...🦑

Cabinet of Curiosities? it's good shit, if a little meh here and there. some were very good.

• Like 1