IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Telemarketers was quite a fun watch, pairs well with American Pain for a double header of American Scumbaggery. 

Also finished Succession, and what a fuckin ride that was. The thing is a beast, execution tight to the point it feels like being locked inside some kind of corporate hell simulator. Good addition to the carnival and it's worth the torture for sure.

I didn't get properly into it until around 6 episodes in, the way it just throws the viewer right into the fray from the get go and then just chugs along, around there, sixth or so episode where it seemed to hit its first kind of pinnacle drama point and after that I pretty much felt as hooked on the drug of it all as Greg "deal with the devil? Sure, souls are boring lol" does. I actually might rewatch that first group of episodes now with a better feel of the whole vibe cause I honestly don't remember a whole lot from them. 

I think a few more downright gags amongst the gang, like the part where the guy is unable to make an important live announcement due to getting wasabi in his eyes from Greg's poorly timed sushi eating, would've been a welcome tension releaser. But still, there's Peep Show'isms constantly hinting out throughout the dialogue to keep head above water in that regard anyway I guess. 

9 hours ago, Squee said:

I've given up on What We Do in the Shadows.

i gave up on like the second or third episode of S1. maybe the movie is good? or maybe i just can’t get into that confessional/no laugh track style comedy…. only one of those i’ve liked was Parks & Rec, and it wasn’t exactly great. 

1 hour ago, auxien said:

i gave up on like the second or third episode of S1. maybe the movie is good? or maybe i just can’t get into that confessional/no laugh track style comedy…. only one of those i’ve liked was Parks & Rec, and it wasn’t exactly great. 

The movie is great. The show is so hit and miss and I found myself pity laughing at things I didn't find remotely funny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

After chucking in the skip Jar Jar Binks and anything released after Return Of The Jedi I was very, very pleasently surprised with The Mandalorian so have decided to watch Andor. Hmmmmmmmm. On episode 4 and not getting the same brilliant vibes I did from The Mandalorian. I'm middle aged and my patience/interest with Star Wars dwindled decades ago, so The Mandalorian was a stroke of genius. Not at all getting that impression so far from Andor. 

Edited by beerwolf

one piece is damn cool, wish they used better cgi or none at all... I don't mean his stretching tricks and whatnot... I mean set design, the ships, etc... oh and the villain's cast is a bit week... except for that mordome...

edit: I've never watched the anime or read the manga...

Edited by cruising for burgers

On 9/13/2023 at 9:27 PM, beerwolf said:

Actually episode 4 worked out a treat. Definite massive improvement on the first few shows.

Had the same experience. Andor is pretty boring at the beginning but then takes of and gets better and better

• Like 2

On 9/13/2023 at 8:20 PM, beerwolf said:

After chucking in the skip Jar Jar Binks and anything released after Return Of The Jedi I was very, very pleasently surprised with The Mandalorian so have decided to watch Andor. Hmmmmmmmm. On episode 4 and not getting the same brilliant vibes I did from The Mandalorian. I'm middle aged and my patience/interest with Star Wars dwindled decades ago, so The Mandalorian was a stroke of genius. Not at all getting that impression so far from Andor. 

1 hour ago, o00o said:

Had the same experience. Andor is pretty boring at the beginning but then takes of and gets better and better

I found it pretty boring throughout, but then again I second-screened through the whole season. Seems overrated to me (with many ranking it as the best of the recent shows). Love Mando!

Andor is the best Star Wars thing since the OG trilogy by far, but I guess it doesn't click with a lot of people. Shame.

Watched I'm a Virgo. Some clever stuff in there, a bit too preachy at times, but I forgive them. It was fun, and most stuff isn't these days.

Watched that One Piece live action Netflix thing, my brain tells me it's the worst garbage I've seen in a long time, but you know what? I had a really good time, there's something about it that had me charmed. Guilty pleasure, would not recommend :crazy:

I've also watched tons more nordic noir with my gf and it's all forgettable by the numbers stuff. 

How to with John Wilson isn't as good this season, feels a bit more stilted/forced and less free flowing than before, but I did like the vacuum cleaner episode.

• Like 2

Justified: City Primeval - Overall, this wasn't remarkable, Timothy Olyphant overestimated his ability to carry a show on his own, and some of it seemed rushed, especially the 2nd half of the season. But they did save the best for last:

Spoiler

Raylin was raising Boyd's child after all, saving Boyd til the end was the best idea Olyphant had, this series was presented as having nothing to do with the original Justified, so keeping this quiet was an accomplishment. Now they can get on to season 2, when the strikes end.

22 minutes ago, milkface said:

moneyplane-money.gif

do you want to fuck an alligator? Money Plane.*

*i can’t remember if that’s exactly what he says but it’s some shit like that. only saw RLM chatting about it tho lol

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

spacer.png

BBC/Netflix, btw. 
This is lots of gory fun. I’m starting Halloween season early this year and this is a great show to get in the spirit. Not the best show of all time or even the best adaptation of Stoker’s book but it is a new spin and a very entertaining one. Homie from The Square and Bad Sisters plays Dracula. At first I thought he wasn’t scary enough but he’s actually a great choice for what this version sets out to achieve. Bad Sisters was good too, btw. He was such a fucking prick in that show. 

Edited by J3FF3R00

35 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

spacer.png

BBC/Netflix, btw. 
This is lots of gory fun. I’m starting Halloween season early this year and this is a great show to get in the spirit. Not the best show of all time or even the best adaptation of Stoker’s book but it is a new spin and a very entertaining one. Homie from The Square and Bad Sisters plays Dracula. At first I thought he wasn’t scary enough but he’s actually a great choice for what this version sets out to achieve. Bad Sisters was good too, btw. He was such a fucking prick in that show. 

Good choice mate. First episode is fucking brilliant. Other episodes are good. Worth watching.

• Thanks 1

Trying to get into The Bear. The first few episodes are pretty tough tbh. On the third episode as we speak.

The main man has absolutely amazing hair.

Edited by beerwolf

1 hour ago, auxien said:

do you want to fuck an alligator? Money Plane.*

*i can’t remember if that’s exactly what he says but it’s some shit like that. only saw RLM chatting about it tho lol

"Warhol, De Kooning, Pollock... Bunch o' bitches. How about I just blow your brains out I'll create my own damn Pollock."

• Haha 1

I'm about 6 episodes into Station Eleven...still not sure on this one. the production elements on it are very well done, but there are some very annoying characters. it jumps around so much, also annoying. the characters I do like are in an episode, then gone in the next.