IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

i finished up Star Trek SNW S2 this weekend and rather enjoyed the whole season. a couple of middling episodes but none bad. even the musical episode was decent, and made for some really fun and touching moments. the last episode ending in a cliffhanger is good i guess, surely looking forward to a new season next year (hopefully next year if the strikes ever work themselves out). i hate a cliffhanger tho. 

these modern shows need more episodes tho…10 episodes seasons are a bit thin…quality over quantity for sure but also…a little more quantity maybe? pls thx

• Like 1

On 8/19/2023 at 8:43 AM, Squee said:

I just realized that the two best tv shows in the world feature horses in living rooms. 

one is obviously twin peaks but whats the other one? :mu-ziq:

2 minutes ago, chronical said:

Haven't seen Sopranos yet, will give it a go :lol: Every time I see his face I'm more reminded of WATMM than TV, lol

If you like good tv-shows then you'll like The Sopranos.

No but seriously, give it a shot. The first season might be a bit of a hurdle to get over since it hasn't aged *that* well, but it's the only show I've ever watched where each season is better than the last.

10 hours ago, onecaseman said:

I am also watching Foundation and finally watching Andor.

is foundation worth it? it looked a bit boring. going to watch andor and ashoka this week 

1 hour ago, o00o said:

is foundation worth it? it looked a bit boring. going to watch andor and ashoka this week 

I liked the first season. The second is kinda meh so far (I'm four episodes in), but the visuals are quite nice.

• Like 1

watched the recent Arnold Schwarzenegger documentary and it's amazing how much he just is Arnie in every aspect of his life, an ever accomplishing colossus of charm and energy, must be something else when experienced first hand. Until then I'll rewatch Predator, any mention of which was strangely absent, and listen to some prank calls, to which there's now three hours more of potential material! 

2 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

watched the recent Arnold Schwarzenegger documentary and it's amazing how much he just is Arnie in every aspect of his life, an ever accomplishing colossus of charm and energy, must be something else when experienced first hand. Until then I'll rewatch Predator, any mention of which was strangely absent, and listen to some prank calls, to which there's now three hours more of potential material! 

Yeah, loved that documentary series as well. There's another one coming out about Stallone in a month or so.

Andor starts really lowkey but blows up pretty fast after the first 3 episodes. nice to see a different perspective to common star wars story telling. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 8:28 PM, Rubin Farr said:

This was great so far, looks like one of the movies visually 

IMG_3053.jpeg

yeah it really looks like a movie split into parts

I tried silo and invasion, couldn't pass trough the first 30 minutes...

twisted metal was good fun in a grindhouse way, a bit of sappy filler here and there...

went blindly into based on a true story and got suprisedly pleased...

platonic is cringy af... and not cringy good... 

I think I already praised bupkis...

last but not least, jury duty ! hilarious!

I also watched fubar lol...

Edited by cruising for burgers

Watched the one piece Netflix live action adaptation. 

It's good! Very respectful of the source material.

The main cast is great (not sure about Luffy's interpretation by the actor tho) but some of the secondary characters do stick out as really cheapo.

• Like 1

30 years ago today, one of the greatest network TV shows ever created debuted. the fucking X-Files

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/10/entertainment/x-files-anniversary-internet-culture-shippers-cec/index.html

can honestly say this show made an impact on me more so than any other TV show I think has ever done. had it stopped after oh season 6, (or maybe 5 + the 1st movie) it would have been the greatest ever. but the shitiness of season 7/8/9, the 2nd completely forgettable movie, plus the recent reboot crap has tarnished its legacy...but whatever. everyone knows season 1-5 is where it's at. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, zero said:

30 years ago today, one of the greatest network TV shows ever created debuted. the fucking X-Files

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/10/entertainment/x-files-anniversary-internet-culture-shippers-cec/index.html

can honestly say this show made an impact on me more so than any other TV show I think has ever done. had it stopped after oh season 6, (or maybe 5 + the 1st movie) it would have been the greatest ever. but the shitiness of season 7/8/9, the 2nd completely forgettable movie, plus the recent reboot crap has tarnished its legacy...but whatever. everyone knows season 1-5 is where it's at. 

Thank you! I'm going to put on an episode now.