IGNORED

Clark - Iradelphic

Guest bitroast

2012 IS GOING TO BE SOOOOO GOOOOOODDDDDDD

ONLY APHEX IS MISSING

Will there be BOC, thats the big question...

sorry, but F*ck BoC already. they're olllllllllllllllllllld news.

Blue Oyster Cult? I don't really understand watmm's obsession with heavily becowbell'd dinorock, either.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just out of interest...Why is this being so melodic being hailed as a change in direction? Body Riddle was very melodic, but thankfully had a balance of pure-melody driven bouncers and all kinds of other textures and pacing. Totems Flare was even more melodic (as well as being very poppy in its own kind of way), and while I enjoyed it at the time I wouldn't really want more of that. Most of the electronic musicians I know have gone in this mellowing-out direction. But I feel a reaction to the major experimentation of 1999-2003ish Warp/electronic releases has been going on too long. 99.% of popular Western music is all about melody and is very easily accessible. There's nothing wrong with some well-produced, still relatively accessible, non-accademic, 'known' music being a bit on the extreme side again.

Does even a single person agree with me? :-)

Just out of interest...Why is this being so melodic being hailed as a change in direction? Body Riddle was very melodic, but thankfully had a balance of pure-melody driven bouncers and all kinds of other textures and pacing. Totems Flare was even more melodic (as well as being very poppy in its own kind of way), and while I enjoyed it at the time I wouldn't really want more of that. Most of the electronic musicians I know have gone in this mellowing-out direction. But I feel a reaction to the major experimentation of 1999-2003ish Warp/electronic releases has been going on too long. 99.% of popular Western music is all about melody and is very easily accessible. There's nothing wrong with some well-produced, still relatively accessible, non-accademic, 'known' music being a bit on the extreme side again.

i do

i do

me too. In fact I feel like this sounds very much like something that could have been on Totems Flare... similar to what a slowed down version of Rainbow Voodoo would sound like (minus vocals of course). It incidentally it comes off a bit Ghostboxy but I wouldn't go so far to say a huge change of direction.

• 4 weeks later...

nah, it doesn't get much worse than "unpleasant aspects of faux-jazzy ‘90s trip hop"

That review seemed fair and honest, so I am slightly worried about some things. But the idea of a long, three-track 5/4 piece has got me well excited (and the excerpt we heard from that has great potential in the context of another two parts.)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived