IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

Guest khurmookum

www.warp.net:

‘Ufabulum’, the album is out worldwide now. For a limited time it is available on Special Edition CD or Phosporescent Deluxe Vinyl, both with additional 3-track CD ‘Enstrobia EP’.

end of quote

no need to get stroppy. i think my reading skills are fine and the product description is misleading, to say the least

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally agree with most of the critical points made on there about the album. There is something wrong with some of the sounds on there that just don't work right. The programming is sometimes sloppy by Squarepusher standards. It has some good tracks anyway.

Guest ReversedVertigo

I think Ufabulum is really nice, especially the 2nd half of it.

It's some crazy hillarious at times IDM/acid braindance, I like that Squarepusher tried that realm as well.

Op art is op art. It's only a cosmic coincidence that two such similar designs would be released in the same year.

www.warp.net:

‘Ufabulum’, the album is out worldwide now. For a limited time it is available on Special Edition CD or Phosporescent Deluxe Vinyl, both with additional 3-track CD ‘Enstrobia EP’.

end of quote

no need to get stroppy. i think my reading skills are fine and the product description is misleading, to say the least

That's misleading, I got confused by that too

www.warp.net:

end of quote

That's misleading, I got confused by that too

Yes it is misleading imo

For a long time (and still on bleep) it lists it as the following -

Special edition vinyl set. Rigid box, lid wrapped and lined in black, screen printed in phosphorescent and regular ink, so that when the lights go out, the Squarepusher logo is revealed. Contains 2 x LP in individual sleeves, 12 page 300x300mm booklet, download code card and the 3 track Enstrobia EP on CD.

And if that's in any way misleading I'm not quite sure how you've made it this far through life !

Guest Drahken

Tracks 1 and 7 are probably my favorites.

Stadium Ice...I sometimes wonder if Tom is inspired by old department store music, because this track sounds just like the kind of stuff you would hear in a Sprouse-Reitz store circa 1988. Not really my favorite, but man does it stick in my head like glue.

Guest Drahken

Good point...Some of the tracks do have that video game feel. I can't remember which one, but one of them has that symphonic super mario theme going on.

That track really reminds me of stuff by Walter/Wendy Carlos. Or something from the film Blue Thunder (a soundtrack which features some of the most awesome (FM?) synth work I've ever heard) -

yeah, sounds shobaleader and dyksp

1st track had my head nodding like a mad-man

2nd track main melody is pretty fucking cheesy, but i enjoyed it

3rd and 4th track are shoba

red in blue is kind of a a waste of space. i mean it's alright but sounds too zelda, which is wierd

metalurgist , i think i thought it should be longer

drx 2 was good as well as dark steering

listening to 303 now, loving it, very frantic

last track is great, aggressive sp, sounds like it could be on ultravisitor

all in all i like that this record is so varied but it's not TOO varied ( it has a nice flow to it ). best sp in awhile !

Guest khurmookum

For a long time (and still on bleep) it lists it as the following -

Special edition vinyl set. Rigid box, lid wrapped and lined in black, screen printed in phosphorescent and regular ink, so that when the lights go out, the Squarepusher logo is revealed. Contains 2 x LP in individual sleeves, 12 page 300x300mm booklet, download code card and the 3 track Enstrobia EP on CD.

And if that's in any way misleading I'm not quite sure how you've made it this far through life !

yeah, and on warp.net it's still described as "deluxe phosphorent vinyl". if that doesn't bother you, fine. but if all you have to say about it is some patronising and condescendent drivel, then fuck off.

Well as it's incensed you so much that you've descended into using vulgar hostile retorts then maybe send an email off to Warp to suggest they change it to make it clearer. Come one, channel your anger into something positive ... :emotawesomepm9:

Guest khurmookum

Well as it's incensed you so much that you've descended into using vulgar hostile retorts then maybe send an email off to Warp to suggest they change it to make it clearer. Come one, channel your anger into something positive ... :emotawesomepm9:

misunderstanding - the only thing that "incensed" me was your surprisingly unpleasant remark.

can we leave it now? this is a waste of time.

i can't compare tracks from Ufabulum with tracks from Shobaleader One... It's not the same thing & Ufabulum doesn't sound like Shobaleader One... i disagree...

The first half of Ufabulum has the same vibe, very cheesy.

A couple of weeks in and for me the album does what all great squarepusher albums do over time.... gets even better!!!

- familiar riffs, melodies, lead-ins, build-ups all throw a massive sense of anticipation before much headbanging and arm slamming

- tracks i once went "eeeew" to now make me go "ahhhhh ha" now (eg energy wizard/stadium ice)

- I start to hear rhythms, sounds, melodies etc i missed initially

- the overall feel and "mindspace" of the project envelops me

I'm seriously putting this up there with the best of squarepusher.

i can't compare tracks from Ufabulum with tracks from Shobaleader One... It's not the same thing & Ufabulum doesn't sound like Shobaleader One... i disagree...

The first half of Ufabulum has the same vibe, very cheesy.

you mister got your vibes all mixed up big time!

Archived