IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

I had a burger almost kill me the other day. It was a burger in between two slabs of Sicilian style pizza from a local restaurant. Turns out it had a pesto in it and I am allergic to tree nuts (pesto is made with pine nuts) so I ended up going to the hospital that night with a reaction.

Probably not worth it but it was a good burger. 7/10

Guest bitroast

It was a burger in between two slabs of Sicilian style pizza

:wtf:

do you have any pics yellow? (even like, restaurant / review pics from internet I just wanna see this thing with my eyes)

It was a burger in between two slabs of Sicilian style pizza

:wtf:

do you have any pics yellow? (even like, restaurant / review pics from internet I just wanna see this thing with my eyes)

Yeah check out NOSH Kitchen Bar in Portland, Maine. They also have a burger in between buns made with mac n cheese. I preferred that one to the Sicilian one. I have a pic I'll upload a bit later

• 4 weeks later...

tried out 5 guys, 14 quid for a cheeseburger, chips and a drink, and it was absolute pish. most bars in glasgow can knock out a better burger and chips for 6-7 quid. no photo's, 1 star. had it been an averahe price for an average burger, it would have merely been an average burger, however taking into account the extravagant cost, it was quite possibly the worst burger ive ever had.

Edited by messiaen

Must be a shitty location? Also why so expensive? That's 3 times as much as it costs here. =S

They aren't the best by any means but it's better than the burger chains (mcdicks etc) here.

Edited by StephenG

Yeah someone appears to have screwed up a 5 guys pretty bad for you messiaen. I apologize on behalf of the USA franchise's quality control and price fixing department.

8 quid for a double cheeseburger. its pretty standard for a restaurant price round here, but i expect an actual impressive burger for that price. this was small and bland. 4 quid for chips aswell? wtf.

I still don't get 5 Guys but maybe it's because LA is loaded with burger joints of good quality where you don't have to be so terrified of the meat that you need it to be overcooked (poor cow).

This week is Cheeseburger Week in Pasadena, CA. The cheeseburger was allegedly invented there. If anyone's nearby, lots of burger specials are going the fuck down.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-cheeseburger-week-pasadena-20141222-story.html

Edited by baph

8 quid for a double cheeseburger. its pretty standard for a restaurant price round here, but i expect an actual impressive burger for that price. this was small and bland. 4 quid for chips aswell? wtf.

8 quid here gets you the full meal - double bacon cheese + fries + a drink. =(

• 3 weeks later...

as promised, the Tokyo Tower Power Beef Burger from Horse Bazaar in Melbourne

10012994_1553674981546831_2089373373_n.j

Despite being ridiculously tall, it squashed down into an edible form fairly easily. I did end up using a knife and fork though like a wanker because it kinda started to fall apart at the end. Super tasty, as the name suggests fairly Japanese in flavour too.

I still don't get 5 Guys but maybe it's because LA is loaded with burger joints of good quality where you don't have to be so terrified of the meat that you need it to be overcooked (poor cow).

This week is Cheeseburger Week in Pasadena, CA. The cheeseburger was allegedly invented there. If anyone's nearby, lots of burger specials are going the fuck down.

http://www.latimes.com/food/dailydish/la-dd-cheeseburger-week-pasadena-20141222-story.html

the burger was invented at louis lunch

Edited by dr lopez

the cheeseburger was invented at louis lunch

I would take pretty much any such claim with a huge grain of salt, but Louis Lunch claims to have invented the hamburger, which predates the cheeseburger. Putting a stupid piece of cheese on a hamburger is Pasadena's alleged innovation.

The burger meat tends to be too dry and overcooked at BK, a burger should be juicy inside damnit, not slightly damp on the outside.