IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

Guest bitroast

some amazing burgers on this page.. tempted to click Mark Solved on a few of the posts but not sure if discriminating is a such good idea because they all look so amazing... *drool*

looks like an obscene amount of tomato for a burger, but maybe it's just the angles and stuff.

Fuuk I just looked them up. That Sombrero contains lots of my favourite things. Watercress and stilton, dayum.

As an honorary Mexican I am very confused by the intent behind this burger.

I'm sure it's tasty, though.

Fresh jalapenos enhance all burgers.

Edited by baph

Pickled jalapeños are pretty freakin' sweet too actually, and they take about 10 minutes to make. Having a jar around to put on burgers/sandwiches is killer.

Pickled jalapeños are pretty freakin' sweet too actually, and they take about 10 minutes to make. Having a jar around to put on burgers/sandwiches is killer.

I make a really simple brine for them that I think is great.

1 cup water, half a cup white vinegar, half a cup apple cider vineger (gives them this nice malted flavour), 4 tbsp each of white vinegar and kosher salt. About 6 or 7 nice size jalapenos can be brined in that.

Cut the jalapenos nice and thick (they stay crunchy for a long time).

Anyway about the burgers... do the above recipe and they're awesome on burgers. I like them a bit better than fresh jalapenos for burgers actually. I find fresh ones have a bit too much bite (not that I can't take the heat, it just detracts from the other flavours on the burger) and the vinegars and salt from the pickling add a nice counterpoint to the fat in the cheese on the burger, gives a more complex overall burger bite.

Have I accidentally ventured into burger hipsterism?

=/

post-4934-14150646001907_thumb.jpg

Wolfed these little guys down right quick at home. Got some nice grass fed from a local farm and thought it was burger time. Right ones got some zatar spices in it with hummus and picked eggplant on bottom. Left one is classic prep- both have some nice sriracha onions I made the day before. They did the deed.

those burgers look pretty snooty but I'd eat em