kaini

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
28 minutes ago, milkface said:

Tried a Tyskie yesterday and wasn't too impressed

Tyskie - Wikipedia

Shop opposite me has a few Polish beers in stock. Gone massively downhill imo. It use to be quite good, then about 4 years ago I bought some and it tasted foul. Devoid of any depth or flavour. Quite shocking tbh. And I tried it a few times so it wasn’t a one off brew. Same as Zwyiec beer, about 10 years ago that use to be a cracker of a beer then same thing happened to that. Undrinkable. Maybe they increased production for the UK market where these beers became quite popular and quality control went straight out the window. Haven’t had it for a while but Zubr is/was a good beer (green can with a Bison on the front) Debowe isn’t too bad either, though at 7% you better not head out on the highway on your bicycle after having a few. 
D9FC2EDD-73E2-4FF3-9977-B4E2B31F6514.thumb.jpeg.6b9a454f1523853edcde44ae953c7cc5.jpeg

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Speaking of beer, had this on draught a few weeks ago in town. Proper stunning drop. They sell it in Tesco, but £8.50 for 4x330ml is a bit pricey imo (especially as it’s only 4.5%) But it is indeed very nice. Has a lovely lemon sherberty finish.

9A8FA7FE-6D8D-4E28-BC4C-4CA98A804070.thumb.jpeg.84520130a1f35a166c75d0cb8886163f.jpeg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Speaking of beer, had this on draught a few weeks ago in town. Proper stunning drop. They sell it in Tesco, but £8.50 for 4x330ml is a bit pricey imo (especially as it’s only 4.5%) But it is indeed very nice. Has a lovely lemon sherberty finish.

Absolutely love Beavertown! The neck oil stuff and the ale they do is so nice:beer:

6 hours ago, beerwolf said:

Debowe isn’t too bad either, though at 7% you better not head out on the highway on your bicycle after having a few. 

Lol reminds me of Amsterdam Maximator. It's 11.6% which is stronger than some wines it's ridiculous. proper drink that

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
58 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

IMG_20230626_183025.jpg

Oh hell yeah man enjoy, i drink it straight from the bottle, obelix would do it 2 ?.

Best beer from belgium with geuze boon ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I haven’t had Orval for ages. Should get some. Quite a fan of La Chouffe blond which is popping up in uk supermarkets a fair bit of late. I hope that doesn’t mean there will be a drop in quality. 

• Like 1

IMG_20230705_003018674.thumb.jpg.fd1ce5e15c5f6d014dd6f0da3c0c3b43.jpg

love this stuff, pretty spendy generally but it goes on steep sales occasionally and I'm there for it. strong, not too sweet, giraffe looks appropriately zooted, would recommend

IMG_20230705_002950362.thumb.jpg.813556d4419e92ab0a868078d7415e59.jpg

pretty much the opposite of a posh ale but it's the same price as PBR and goes down even easier, made in Portland, skips the hangover, overall A+ piss in my book

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 2

Quite partial to a radler. Don't see it in the UK much, if at all. In fact I never heard of it until I went to New Zealand where its very popular. That was a long time ago though.

Edited by beerwolf

33 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Quite partial to a radler. Don't see it in the UK much, if at all. In fact I never heard of it until I went to New Zealand where its very popular. That was a long time ago though.

They sell that shit all over the Netherlands. It's foul: sweet and sour lemonade with a hint of artificial bitter to simulate beer. -1 would not recommend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...