IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

about 4 hours into bioshock infinite, this is a cool game. looks amazing, the battle sequences on the skywires are a beast.

You'll get used to it. It took me a bit of time before I got the hang of it as well

Guest jasondonervan

Fallen in love with GRID 2 on PC. It's a great arcade racer - bags of fun, tracks are a nice mix of street/racetrack, AI works well, and graphically it looks fantastic. It's not doing anything particularly revolutionary but what it does do, it does really well.

Guest glasse

I finally re unlocked special cup on Mario Kart double dash. Had it open back in the day but my save got deleted and it took me since getting my wii playing here and there to get around to golding all the cups again.

Guest jasondonervan

The Arma 3 beta has been released. Eurogamer:

"If you were part of the Arma 3 alpha you'll get access to the beta by downloading the automatic update on Steam. Otherwise, you can buy the beta, which includes the full retail game when it releases later this year, from Steam or the Bohemia Interactive Store, where it costs £29.99.

The beta version of the PC tactical military shooter includes the 20 km² island of Stratis, 20 weapons, 18 vehicles, three factions, eight showcase missions, four multiplayer scenarios, four challenges, the scenario editor and modding support.

The full game will include a massive Mediterranean sandbox of over 290 km², over 40 weapons and over 20 vehicles."

After I sold my high-end desktop, I'm back to playing older PC gameness.

My latest play is Deus Ex: Nihilum - a mod for DX1. It's been in development for years, and was just released a month ago. It's all new maps, story, characters, a few new guns, etc. Supposedly it also adds over 10 hours of gameplay over the original. I'm still in Hong Kong though, where the mod begins. It actually feels more like a DLC.

Pretty cool so far, but sometimes it feels like a maze, and it's easy to get stuck in places. I do overall recommend it to DX1 fans tho.

Edited by ambermonk

Ivan have you tried Brutal Doom?

It's a mod that works with the newer Doom engines (zDoom, gzDoom, Zandronum, Skulltag), that updates the game with things like hotkey melee, alt-fire, iron sights aiming, as well as heavily updating the AI & damage modifiers and adding reloading to the weapons which greatly changes the balancing.

It's also got crazy levels of gibs/gore and particle effects, while still being in that original Doom style. It's one of the most fun things I've ever played, and is especially fun if played with the Doom 2 / Plutonia levels. The dev is still working on it, too, so it gets better with each update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg9ltTnHxWg

Here's the download:http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-doom You need the wads and one of the aforementioned engines to play it.

Late for the party but MY GOD, thanks so much for this, it looks like the fattest most brutal game ever from the youtube video!!!!

finnished doom 1 and 2 on ultraviolence, looks like i'm gonna be playing it again on brootal doom :w00t:

aaarrrghhgh thanks!

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Trying to plat dark souls., cuz i've gone too far...

Saints Row 3 cuz its free ... hilarious

I'm waiting for Minecraft 1.6 now. Excited too, and am gonna play the hell outta those horses and make a mountain.

Can't wait till monday.

Guest jasondonervan

Just bought Hotline Miami on Vita. Loved it on PC, liked the idea of having a portable version with that awesome soundtrack going through my earphones.

[youtubehd]iAcAd1fUiy8[/youtubehd]

this looks goddamn amazing.

also, it has oculus rift support.

Edited by data

Cor sure does - It's like a new generation of System Shock in all but name. Hopefully they go more for the long-form psychological scares than cheap 'sudden noise' jump-tactics

Guest Pennywise

Man, the future of gaming excites me and worries me at the same time. The oculus rift is undoubtabley gonna be huge, people are gonna get so addicted.

Guest Gravity

Man, the future of gaming excites me and worries me at the same time. The oculus rift is undoubtabley gonna be huge, people are gonna get so addicted.

I can't wait for that thing, it's going to be insane.

[youtubehd]iAcAd1fUiy8[/youtubehd]

this looks goddamn amazing.

also, it has oculus rift support.

Ooooh, looks very cool. I like how it seems to be a bit more about running than purely shooting. Also god damn, that bassy laser/gun shot.

lol what does the station AI say over the PA system about space sex?

I could be way off but I think it says: "Feeling hungry? A visit to the canteen for delicious serving-based snacks. The snacks - they're out of this world"