IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally got to try XCOM: Enemy Within last night. Only completed a couple missions so far, so I'm still a ways from building MEC soldiers, encountering Mechtoids, applying Gene Mods, etc. Gonna pick up where I left off after I finish this post.

If you make it far, please let me know how that game works. I completely gave up on it last year after failing three times in a row. I wanted to like it, but the luck based combat made me ANGRY.

By luck-based you're referring to the hit probability of soldiers lining up a shot with the enemy, right? I've found out that soldiers' ability to aim increases as they level up both in XP and rank. Rookies are generally the worst shots.

The original MicroProse game from 1994 had the same hit chance system as far as I know though. I reckon Firaxis were just staying true to tradition in this case.

Entorwellian just gave me a bunch of tips in CHATMM a moment ago. But yea, my units can't hit shit even when I level them up, like when there's a 99 % chance of hitting they'll miss nine out of ten times. It's ridiculous.

I'm convinced it's me who suck ass at the game but it sure would be nice to know what I'm doing wrong. Maybe it's time to give the game another chance and see if my vidja game skills have improved.

my post about achieving 100% on Binding Of Isaac and Hotline Miami in the same week is ignored :c

Playing Fez at the moment. Not bad.

Congrats! I played Isaac briefly and it seems challenging.

Wooh, so I've gotten all achievements of Fez too

But to be fair, I did look up some things here and there... But only when I kept trying various things and none of it was working. I wasn't prepared for so much cryptography.

Guest bitroast

I've been stuck at the same point in Dark Souls for a good long time. The Dukes Archives. I just suck at it. I can't navigate fighting the crystal swordsmen guys, the crystal archer and the Mage shoot big fuck off magic shots all at once. It doesn't seem that hard (especially compared to earlier moments in the game). But I've been stuck here for months, occasionally trying again and grinding for a bit every now and then. Did anyone else struggle or have any tips?

Anyway, I felt weird about buying Dark Souls 2 despite getting so far in Dark Souls 1 without finishing it. So I started a fresh game over the weekend and oh man playing this game again properly and not just sitting in the same spot is so much fun. I'm tempted to stick with this new game and just play the game better. But if anyone has any tips or something that'd be cool too, I guess :)

Guest potabo

Your best bet for getting stuck somewhere in either the first or the second game is to just fuck off to another area and look for stuff to do there. Chances are you'll always find something of interest (or maybe even a boss) to occupy you with, and when you go back to whichever area you're stuck at you might be able to make some progress there.

I never really got far in the first Dark Souls either, I actually lost interest in it pretty quickly... Definitely thinking of picking up the second one when it's out on PC, though.

I've been stuck at the same point in Dark Souls for a good long time. The Dukes Archives. I just suck at it. I can't navigate fighting the crystal swordsmen guys, the crystal archer and the Mage shoot big fuck off magic shots all at once. It doesn't seem that hard (especially compared to earlier moments in the game). But I've been stuck here for months, occasionally trying again and grinding for a bit every now and then. Did anyone else struggle or have any tips?

Build up yer armour and use something like the Crest shield. That shield should help you block most of the magic attacks as you slowly deal with the archers.

i finally got my hands on a ps4 and i'm playing battlefield after years of cod

getting abolutely ripped and smashed but it's 64 players and it looks gorgeous!

about the ps4, i have to play all my music on the ps3 cause it doesn't support files on flash or audio cd what a fucking lol!!!!

everything is hooked to my amp, sony is fucking money crazy, i hope they fix this huge shamefull problem soon and give us some decent games and where the fuck is dark souls 2 on ps4

Dark Souls II is basically more Dark Souls, which isn't a bad thing.

It doesn't have n00b mode?

(I actually kind of wanted that)

No, in fact, it punishes you MORE by reducing your life meter each time you die (although you can become human again and restore it, although that's easier said than done).

i finally got my hands on a ps4 and i'm playing battlefield after years of cod

getting abolutely ripped and smashed but it's 64 players and it looks gorgeous!

about the ps4, i have to play all my music on the ps3 cause it doesn't support files on flash or audio cd what a fucking lol!!!!

everything is hooked to my amp, sony is fucking money crazy, i hope they fix this huge shamefull problem soon and give us some decent games and where the fuck is dark souls 2 on ps4

They'll get to it with a firmware update - they obviously focused on making it a solid gaming console first, and are focusing on the media centre elements later.

Give it time - I bet this time next year (or sooner) Dark Souls II will have a "Ultimate" or some other superlative version on XBONE/PS4. These upgraded versions are the "HD remakes" of this console generation. I actually like them, since while everyone was crowing on about how the upgrade in graphics wasn't as great between 360/PS3 to XBONE/PS4 than it was between XBOX/PS2 to 360/PS3, you REALLY notice the difference after playing PS4 and go back to a PS3 game like DS II - I want my silky smooth frame rates and seamless HD textures and high poly models @ 1080P!

Guest bitroast

Build up yer armour and use something like the Crest shield. That shield should help you block most of the magic attacks as you slowly deal with the archers.

Thanks for the tips. Now in jumping back and forth between two save files. One is for grinding and levelling up my armour for dukes archives, other one I'm up to the butterfly in the woods (holy shit the game is so much easier on second play through. I wonder when I'll hit a wall and get stuck)

(apologies for not posting in dark souls thread. Saw dark souls mentions in thread and 'went for it'!!)

Re-installed Diablo3 a week ago after a year or so break. I read that there was a major patch/overhaul to prepare for the upcoming expansion. Pretty nice changes, auction house is finally gone, and the rng on loot is geared toward the player's class. Rare and legendary items got huge buffs as well. Legendary items are available to trade to anyone in your current game and then become account bound.

I've already upgraded almost all my gear, and gotten around 25 paragon levels in the last week due to the new difficulty mechanics. I'm currently playing on Torment 2 which gives me something like 500% xp/gold/magic item chance increase, and I believe the paragon levels are infinite. Torment is the hardest difficulty level, but within Torment there is something like 6 levels of difficulty. Each paragon lvl gives you a point to put into stats.

Looking forward to Act 5 and trying out the new class when Reaper of Souls goes live in a few days.

Re-installed Diablo3 a week ago after a year or so break. I read that there was a major patch/overhaul to prepare for the upcoming expansion. Pretty nice changes, auction house is finally gone, and the rng on loot is geared toward the player's class. Rare and legendary items got huge buffs as well. Legendary items are available to trade to anyone in your current game and then become account bound.

I've already upgraded almost all my gear, and gotten around 25 paragon levels in the last week due to the new difficulty mechanics. I'm currently playing on Torment 2 which gives me something like 500% xp/gold/magic item chance increase, and I believe the paragon levels are infinite. Torment is the hardest difficulty level, but within Torment there is something like 6 levels of difficulty. Each paragon lvl gives you a point to put into stats.

Looking forward to Act 5 and trying out the new class when Reaper of Souls goes live in a few days.

Agreed, the changes are very nice. Been playing again.

Any new mobile games to recommend?

Device 6 is a nice puzzle game with a unique approach:

http://simogo.com/work/device-6/

Any new mobile games to recommend?

did you play The Room (and the sequel)?

both great games (just turn off the "tips" or all the puzzles basically get solved for you).