IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

All you have to do in Dragon Age: Origins is pop the disk out of the drive, put it in your hands and bend it until it snaps. Because it's awful.

What the fuck happened to Bioware....

Guest portalgun

Dragon Age origins gameplay is great. I wasn't a fan of the story and most of the characters though. Still think NWN was better though.

Lately I've been playing FTL.

Edited by portalgun

tried to play need for speed: rivals. sat through the fucking 30 minute intro+tutorial bullshit just to have it crash on me once i finally got into the actual game.

why do we need crazy detailed and unskippable tutorials for an arcadey racing game? just let me play already! arrrhhhgg

so im playing this instead:

[youtubehd]94nbLl95unw[/youtubehd]

Guest jasondonervan

The Alpha for Elite: Dangerous is getting all my attention lately. Even bit the bullet and picked up a throttle + stick combo.

ifD0lOYxhX1ko.jpg

ibuVWKMG0fymEd.jpg

i9g3SvSBFJ5U0.jpg

ibj2TtvJ2L8JpI.jpg

iX06xqZ9zXGKV.jpg

Finally finished Fez - every stage, every item, everything. Very satisfying. Great game - one of the best I've played in the last 30+ years.

I really should just play it despite watching 'Indie Game: The Movie'. I'm afraid of having Phil Fish's self obsessed, neuroticly loathsome attitude seeping from the screen while playing it.

I beat Super Mario Land for the first time during this easter! :cisfor:

Gameboy turns 25 this year.. was the release really that long ago?

Damn you, now I have the SML theme tune stuck in my head... that game had great music for it's time...

I beat Super Mario Land for the first time during this easter! :cisfor:

Gameboy turns 25 this year.. was the release really that long ago?

Damn you, now I have the SML theme tune stuck in my head... that game had great music for it's time...
Just started SMB3 on my 3DS

Trials Fusion ftw!

Finally finished Fez - every stage, every item, everything. Very satisfying. Great game - one of the best I've played in the last 30+ years.

Everything? Damn. I got stuck when it came to translating all the scripts.

Trials Fusion ftw!

Steam walkthrough FTW :emotawesomepm9:

Trials Fusion ftw!

bunk-the-wire.gif

Trials Fusion ftw!

bunk-the-wire.gif

homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

Really looking to play this one:

http://kentuckyroutezero.com/

Anyone else play it? Is it worth 25 bucks?

it's real nice! I like the graphics and the dialog.. but I didn't get very far, got a bit buggy for me.. I think it was because I turned sync to refresh off in options.. haven't seen it after I turned it back on.

it lets you skip trivial sections, but I don't know exactly how much I've skipped due to bugs, so I'm going to start over soon.

after I'm done playing Skyrim.. which might be never.

also should finish Hotline Miami..... that game is such a rush.

Guest Milkweg

Just got started with Starbound and it's super fun. Looking forward to the big updates, especially AI.

Gave Infamous on PS3 a try as well, cool action game. Avoided Dark Souls this week, need to get back on it.

Trials Fusion ftw!

bunk-the-wire.gif

LOL

But yeah, I hope you didn't use that walkthrough throughout the entire game. That game is all about discovering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZyT2kh3j0s

I'm getting more and more excited about Alien: Isolation. I don't expect it to be GREAT, but hopefully it'll be pretty good.

And you know what's funny? It sounds like these developers, Creative Assembly, know the Alien universe better than Ridley Scott. They are making a game that takes place 15 years after Alien and are staying true to the style of that movie, whereas Prometheus takes place before Alien and looks like it takes place many years AFTER the Alien.

I also like the fact that they sound designers on Alien Isolation has been granted access to the original sound recordings from Alien to able to stay true to the sound of the film.

YAY! Video games!

Guest jasondonervan

The only problem I have with Alien: Isolation is how much they're revealing up front. Of course, the main problem is that the Alien is nothing but a mere pantomime villain. Everyone knows what it looks like, roughly how it will behave - there's no getting around that - but I don't want to be spoon-fed a bunch of back-story, a tour of the environment, etc. for a game that's meant to evoke exploration of a stark space in tense circumstances. I understand CA's desire to re-educate people after the abomination that was Colonial Marines, but not at the expense of revealing a lot of what's behind the curtain before anyone has even had a chance to take to their seats and actually play it.

The only problem I have with Alien: Isolation is how much they're revealing up front. Of course, the main problem is that the Alien is nothing but a mere pantomime villain. Everyone knows what it looks like, roughly how it will behave - there's no getting around that - but I don't want to be spoon-fed a bunch of back-story, a tour of the environment, etc. for a game that's meant to evoke exploration of a stark space in tense circumstances. I understand CA's desire to re-educate people after the abomination that was Colonial Marines, but not at the expense of revealing a lot of what's behind the curtain before anyone has even had a chance to take to their seats and actually play it.

I'm sure there's still a lot to see. Also, I don't remember seeing all that much from the game, really? Plus, I bet the game will be all about monster closets and the motion tracker tracking things that turn out NOT to be the alien, so it'll probably make us jump out of our seats even if we know what the alien looks like. And as far as I remember the game will play out procedurally - kinda like Slender - so there'll be no way of knowing when or where the alien will show up.

It'll probably be a good 3/5 game that'll serve fans of the movie a bunch of stuff, but not much more than that.

Edit: also, here's a scenario for you: it looks like you'll be able to switch between focusing on the motion tracker and the background, so I bet that one of your first encounters with the alien will be you looking at the motion tracker and then in the blurry background you'll see the alien run right past you, scarying the living shit out of you.