IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Frankie5fingers

yeah. its great. they give great deals on games. and you really can't buy a new pc game nowadays without having to play it through steam. just get with the times old man.

Edited by Frankie5fingers

Aye, it means that any purchases will sync with a new machine if your current one breaks. I realised quite how ace it was when I upgraded to a new lappy and within a few hours all my purchased games were available on my new machine and with a lot of them remembering exactly where I'd got within them. Cloud gaming is definitely the way forward.

Guest Frankie5fingers

Aye, it means that any purchases will sync with a new machine if your current one breaks. I realised quite how ace it was when I upgraded to a new lappy and within a few hours all my purchased games were available on my new machine and with a lot of them remembering exactly where I'd got within them. Cloud gaming is definitely the way forward.

yeah that is sweet. ive got my steam all set up on an external hard drive. so any comp i hook it up to, specs permitting, i can game. don't even have to reinstall the game.

Another nice thing about Steam is that developers can add automatic updates as needed to their games you purchased and installed. No longer need to hunt for an update patch on your own, at least for newer games.

Dishonored. Only a couple of hours in. I love a good stealth game, and this seems to be very deep in terms of stealth ablities and so on.

But the engine looks absolutely terrible (on console). Some of the textures looks like a last gen title. But the amazing art direction saves it.

Edited by Npoess

If you are playing Dishonored on PC you can get the SweetFX mod which makes the washed out textures look amazing. Really adds to the color making the game world delightful.

Just got done beating Lucius. I don't recommend buying just watch the walkthroughs.

Hotline Miami is great fun, love the soundtrack, style and brutal retro violence. If you haven't played it I recommend checking it out, it's like £6 on Steam.

Edited by Richy

Hotline Miami

I have no idea how to clear out rooms with melee weapons when there's more than two gun-armed guards in the room (that don't pass in front of a door so you can knock out one of them). Any tips ?

Can't you lure them out? Walk past the door and when they come running for you, you wait right next to the door opening and stab them in the neck.

Holy shit, ACIII is out in a couple of days. Damn.

Hotline Miami

I have no idea how to clear out rooms with melee weapons when there's more than two gun-armed guards in the room (that don't pass in front of a door so you can knock out one of them). Any tips ?

If it's a smallish room then you can wait till they are close together, burst in and take them both out really quickly, maybe combine a weapon throw followed by a punch, or if you run in and out quickly they will follow you, stand next to the door and occasionally the door will take them out if you position yourself correctly otherwise some well timed punches should do it.

Another nice thing about Steam is that developers can add automatic updates as needed to their games you purchased and installed. No longer need to hunt for an update patch on your own, at least for newer games.

This...and no more living with a broken console game for 3-6 months while you wait for a patch to pass Sony/Microsoft's approval process.

Can't you lure them out? Walk past the door and when they come running for you, you wait right next to the door opening and stab them in the neck.

If it's a smallish room then you can wait till they are close together, burst in and take them both out really quickly, maybe combine a weapon throw followed by a punch, or if you run in and out quickly they will follow you, stand next to the door and occasionally the door will take them out if you position yourself correctly otherwise some well timed punches should do it.

Good call, it also looks like if you get noticed but hide at least one room away they go back to the original room with changed shift patterns (usually walking in front of the door for a quick take down)

i see a new worms game came out this month, downloading,

They haven't made a good Worms since World Party or whatever the last 2D one was called

last one was "reloaded"

This...and no more living with a broken console game for 3-6 months while you wait for a patch to pass Sony/Microsoft's approval process.

Yes, because this happens with almost all console games these days. Honestly, what are you on about?

As far as I remember each update was like one step forward, and two steps backwards. Each time they solved one of Skyrim's issues on the PS3 another one showed up. I don't know what the game is like now though.

And to follow up on what Joyrex just said, I have yet to witness a broken console game... *knock on wood*

I got my PS3 and skyrim in april, and have never had one problem, other than atrocious load times. I was miffed when I found out the ps3 was probably never going to get the DLC, but I no longer care as Dark Souls has ruined skyrim for me pretty much.

Just beat Infamous 2 last night as a good guy. Fun, but it got a little repetitive in the last third of the game. I also started playing Outland and Little Big Planet 2 (THANK YOU FOR THE FREE MONTH OF PS+ IGN). The atmosphere and gameplay in outland is amazing. Little big planet is fun so far, but the controls leave a bit to be desired.