IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Frankie5fingers

ive been told im getting AC3 for christmas. so i can play the damn thing till then. *first world problem* lol

After playing a bit of both the new XCOM as well as Dishonored, I've decided to re-play a piece of my childhood this week:

250px-Metroid2_boxart.jpg

...on the original 1989 console no less (BTW thank you Sweepstakes :gamer: )

i just finished max payne 3. i never played the second one but its a lot different than the first. i didn't end up needing bullet time at all.

also played a few missions of the new ghost recon. it's cool, but it's hard for me to stay interested enough to play through most military games' single player campaigns these days.

right now im playing need for speed most wanted

I just got the platinum for Wolverine. Hard difficulty was a breese pretty much up until the last battle with Deadpool. I spent almost 2 hours fighting and dying constantly. It was incredibly frustrating. It was one of the hardest video game battles I've ever done. Great game.

Now I'm on to Assassin's Creed 3.

Just about finished Dishonored, just finished Dead Space 2 finally the other night (good game, cant wait for 3)... Started playing some ME3 Multiplayer the other night too for the first time in a while. It's pretty fun when you start to unlock the higher character builds and stats...

I'm still enjoying Mass Effect 2, but it's such an awkwardly paced game, with the deluge of team loyalty missions after the first skirmish with the Collectors.

I've also spent like 35 hours on errand side missions and stripping planets of natural resources to build up huge reserves, so the weird pacing is partially my fault, but I like to be prepared.

One major gripe with the game: one of the planets on the Overlord DLC has absolutely ungodly awful ground textures on the PS3, which is a shame because the planet looks like it was probably beautifully designed (with the Hammerhead AI alerting the player to upcoming scenic vistas). I'm going to blame that on EA. Poor bioware.

Ugh, yeah, you play like me. All those extra minerals are useless btw. Once I got to a certain point, I just opened each planet to see if there was any anomalies and left it at that. I've gotten every upgrade so far, and I'm tying up loose ends before I go to the omega 4 relay or whatever.

Guest Frankie5fingers

I'm still enjoying Mass Effect 2, but it's such an awkwardly paced game, with the deluge of team loyalty missions after the first skirmish with the Collectors.

I've also spent like 35 hours on errand side missions and stripping planets of natural resources to build up huge reserves, so the weird pacing is partially my fault, but I like to be prepared.

One major gripe with the game: one of the planets on the Overlord DLC has absolutely ungodly awful ground textures on the PS3, which is a shame because the planet looks like it was probably beautifully designed (with the Hammerhead AI alerting the player to upcoming scenic vistas). I'm going to blame that on EA. Poor bioware.

Ugh, yeah, you play like me. All those extra minerals are useless btw. Once I got to a certain point, I just opened each planet to see if there was any anomalies and left it at that. I've gotten every upgrade so far, and I'm tying up loose ends before I go to the omega 4 relay or whatever.

same. i wasted about about 10-15 more hours than you baph, stripping EVERY PLANET. lol turns out, you don't even need half of it.

boy the necromorphs in dead space 2 are way more scary. Those screaming toddler children that swarm you in packs are crazy. But the worst are the raptor creatures that peak around corners...jesus I don't know why but I am terrified during all my encounters with them.

Yeah I thought Dead Space 1 had only BOO moments, but playing Dead Space 2 I have overwhelming omg I'm surrounded and have like 6 round left moments.

The vintage suit is rad looking.

dead-space-2-limited-edition-20110119060324183.jpg

Started warz alpha today before i had to work. Fun but pretty ruthless so far.

Man my key just expire, had a blast with the game. I was trying to see if anyone on watmm was playing so we could team up but I don't think anyone responded.

After a few more updates I'm probably going to be buying this over Day z.

The original Dead Space wasn't all that scary, but the ambiance was fantastic, and i miss the oldskool Resident Evil type inventory/shoot em' up gaming...maybe ill try 2....my only complaint with the first one was that was a little too long. just playing it for the sake of getting it done.

Ok, quick question. I see that Demons and Dark SOuls are 20 bucks each.....should I buy the first one for sake of story, or is it really all that relevant in the larger scheme of things?

Demon's Souls won't really add anything to the Dark Souls experience imho. Dark Souls is a superior game in every respect. Maybe Demon's Souls is a little harder. I'd honestly just go with Dark.

Lately I've been trying to play Pathologic, the notoriously broken and impenetrable Russian FPS/RPG. Incidentally the 'S' in 'FPS' stands for 'Something'.

pathologic9.jpg

It's hard as nails and I'm not sure if I'll be able to stick with it - but the music, the art direction, and the themes it plays with are incredible. Even the wonky translation adds a kind of poetic beauty to it.

Essentially, you play one of three different healers who have come for their own reasons to a desolate and isolated Russian town. While there, a fearsome pestilence takes hold of the population, and you have 12 days to get to the bottom of what's going on as events play out in real time (kind of like The Last Express but on a much grander scale, if anyone played that.) Meanwhile you have to keep yourself and various key characters alive as the plague worsens and sinister goings-on pile up.

(Edit: incidentally, Pathologic shares an atmosphere of decay, despair and depression with Dark Souls - but not much else. Both are hard games but Dark Souls is fair. Pathologic isn't.)

Anyway it's not really 'fun', very grindy and frustrating in some (many) aspects, and you'll inevitably hit a brick wall without a walkthrough.

Got it as part of a bundle for £3.50, so figured it was worth a punt. As usual, Eurogamer has a thoughtful review: http://www.eurogamer...r_pathologic_pc

Pathologic offers a dying city. It's Oblivion with cancer. A pustule encrusted town where events carry on regardless of your presence, slowly wasting away despite you. This is a fascinating game. And a very broken one. .

Otherwise, still playing Hotline Miami. Fucking love you, Hotline Miami.

Edited by Iain C

Man, I've got Pathologic and I've tried to play it a couple of times but the translation just make it impossible.

I have no idea how to do functions within the game, it's really annoying and baffling. I want to play the game properly so bad!

The original Dead Space wasn't all that scary, but the ambiance was fantastic, and i miss the oldskool Resident Evil type inventory/shoot em' up gaming...maybe ill try 2....my only complaint with the first one was that was a little too long. just playing it for the sake of getting it done.

Ok, quick question. I see that Demons and Dark SOuls are 20 bucks each.....should I buy the first one for sake of story, or is it really all that relevant in the larger scheme of things?

I haven't played Demon Souls, but Dark Souls in honestly the best gaming experience I've had since I was a kid. So many different ways to play it, and the controls are lush. The lore runs DEEP, but isn't spoon fed to you. Shit, most of the lore you get is from reading item descriptions. That said, it's a great way to tell a story, because of the ambiguity. The game is more about action than story though, and it is SATISFYING. The replay value is through the roof. I must have put in over 350 hours since I got it in May. That's over twice what I put into skyrim, and I thought I LOVED skyrim... The difficulty is slightly exaggerated imo. Granted, it is TOUGH, but you get better. After a bit, you'll be slicing your way all the way to Gwyn.

I bought the Dark Souls DLC on Friday and started a new character. I'm almost to the point where I feel comfortable accessing the new areas, I'm just going to get the crystal spells from big hat logan 1st, as I'm playing a mage that also wields a uchigatana. INT/DEX build.

Man, I've got Pathologic and I've tried to play it a couple of times but the translation just make it impossible.

I have no idea how to do functions within the game, it's really annoying and baffling. I want to play the game properly so bad!

Hey obel, let's have that post-work pint sometime soon. Free on Wednesday if you're about, otherwise some time next week?

Also, maybe this'll help you out with Pathologic: http://www.pathologic-game.com/path_walkthrough_eng.pdf

Hey obel, let's have that post-work pint sometime soon. Free on Wednesday if you're about, otherwise some time next week?

Also, maybe this'll help you out with Pathologic: http://www.pathologi...through_eng.pdf

Sounds good man. PM me your number or work email and we'll sort something out. Wednesday looks good for me.

Cheers for the walkthrough!