IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

finished up the unfinished swan. the game didnt really build on the potential that the first chapter had. it was a sad slug to the end. Now I can either go back and find all the balloons to open more content/toys or give up and forget it ever happened.

The original Dead Space wasn't all that scary, but the ambiance was fantastic, and i miss the oldskool Resident Evil type inventory/shoot em' up gaming...maybe ill try 2....my only complaint with the first one was that was a little too long. just playing it for the sake of getting it done.

Ok, quick question. I see that Demons and Dark SOuls are 20 bucks each.....should I buy the first one for sake of story, or is it really all that relevant in the larger scheme of things?

I haven't played Demon Souls, but Dark Souls in honestly the best gaming experience I've had since I was a kid. So many different ways to play it, and the controls are lush. The lore runs DEEP, but isn't spoon fed to you. Shit, most of the lore you get is from reading item descriptions. That said, it's a great way to tell a story, because of the ambiguity. The game is more about action than story though, and it is SATISFYING. The replay value is through the roof. I must have put in over 350 hours since I got it in May. That's over twice what I put into skyrim, and I thought I LOVED skyrim... The difficulty is slightly exaggerated imo. Granted, it is TOUGH, but you get better. After a bit, you'll be slicing your way all the way to Gwyn.

I bought the Dark Souls DLC on Friday and started a new character. I'm almost to the point where I feel comfortable accessing the new areas, I'm just going to get the crystal spells from big hat logan 1st, as I'm playing a mage that also wields a uchigatana. INT/DEX build.

Uchigatana is sick. Especially with magic weapon spells. Probably one of my favourite weapons after black knight halberd and silver knight spear. I fucking love spears. Still haven't tried Orsteins spear, its damn hard to kill Ornstein last, i had three playtroughs and couldnt do it.

Dark souls isnt that hard if you think and prepare enough. On first playtrough it might be unforginivg though, especially the two archer knights in Anor Londo, i ragequit for a few days there. On my last playtrough i managed not to die until blightown.

That's the thing about Dark Souls - your first playthrough will be hard but after you know the patterns and rhythms of the combat, it becomes simple to the point of being honestly quite boring (for me). Couldn't finish it a second time, although I love the atmosphere. Co-op and PVP are really fun though.

For some strange reason I'm not that excited for Dead Space 3. I have no idea why, as I loved the first 2.

Edited by 747Music

Phew. FINALLY completed XCOM: Enemy Unknown just now. Didn't launch the final mission until October 2016 in the game.

It took a lot of time to form the perfect squad to finish the war with the aliens. That meant getting all soldiers in that squad promoted to the rank of Colonel, outfitted with the best gear (including Psi Armor), and having full Psi Abilities. But in the end, all the effort and patience paid off.

Edited by ambermonk

Steam linux beta client got "released".

http://media.steampo...aller/steam.deb

Ubuntu 12.04 is only supported distro for now but there's a working packagebuild for Arch already.

Even if you haven't been selected for the beta yet you can avoid the access check by running steam with something like:

steam steam://install/440

That will try to install TF2. Haven't been able to install for some reason. Either segfaults or tells me the servers are busy.

Here's my system running Amnesia on Steam.

amnesia.png

Everything seems to be working, even the overlay. I'm on an unsupported platform so it was still a bit of a hassle to get everything working. The games I tried (Amnesia & World of Goo) installed fine, but the architecture and environment detection is a bit messy and there are always some dependencies missing. It will be interesting to see how they are going to handle the dependency problem. I'd assume they'd want to avoid using shared libraries to maximize OS compatibility. Hope I can install a Valve game soon.

Edited by Ego

How many here are planning on playing Black Ops 2? It's like they threw in everything and the kitchen sink into this one.

i loved the first black ops but i dont know about the new one. the future isn't nearly as interesting to me as the cold war was. if it were up to me it would be a new story from the same era as the first. the cold war had proxy wars all over the place. they easily could have made even a couple more games.

i'll probably buy it but not before the new hitman and far cry 3.

I thought Black Ops was shit - and looking back I'm not sure why I bought it. Full price, too. I'm actually ashamed of that decision now.

Guest disparaissant

humble android bundle 5 dropped

crayon physics

eufloria hd

machinarium

splice

superbrothers: sword & sworcery EP

waking mars

ps if anyone wants machinarium they can have my copy of it its a cute lil adventure game

Edited by disparaissant

decided to hold off on buying Dark SOuls at the moment, and dusted off my copy of Modern Warfare 3 that my brother gave me as a bday present...hes really into these games, and even though Im not much of a fan I was hoping we could together on a team or somthing....anyway, started that back up again and I think Im slightly better at it than I was the first time I tried it. Still incredibly infuriating, but really fun when you play the "domination" minigame (hold onto strategic points and defend them)

Playing Fallout 3 again, even though it's slightly aged at this point.

It kept freezing up at random until I fixed it yesterday by doing some quick editing to the .ini file in Notepad. Now I can liberally bust caps in Raider and Mutie asses with Lincoln's Repeater. (By caps I mean bullets, but sometimes that literally applies to Bottle Caps as well, if you're blowing up bad guys with Bottlecap Mines.)

I reckon I need to start getting outside and going for a jog.

Lone Survivor. A very scary game.

humble android bundle 5 dropped

crayon physics

eufloria hd

machinarium

splice

superbrothers: sword & sworcery EP

waking mars

ps if anyone wants machinarium they can have my copy of it its a cute lil adventure game

machinarium is more than cute. i was very moved by it.

Edited by sheatheman

Guest cult fiction

Still trying to beat Manus on New Game+ in the Dark Souls DLC... as a fairly lightweight faith build, he is a total beast. I envy those strength builds that just hold up their great shield whenever he attacks.

Still trying to beat Manus on New Game+ in the Dark Souls DLC... as a fairly lightweight faith build, he is a total beast. I envy those strength builds that just hold up their great shield whenever he attacks.

Don't forget to summon Sif and possibly another person. I"m using a lightweight sorcery build and it wasn't too bad, although now that I think about it, for that fight, I popped on Havel's ring and put on some heavier armor.

Guest cult fiction

Don't forget to summon Sif and possibly another person. I"m using a lightweight sorcery build and it wasn't too bad, although now that I think about it, for that fight, I popped on Havel's ring and put on some heavier armor.

I just beat him by doing exactly that... with some high poise armor and 2 summons it was actually pretty easy. They distracted him while I 2-hand sunlight bladed his backside. Love this game.