IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

ewj had such a beast soundtrack

[youtubehd]9i2I8orVQs0[/youtubehd]

it's a well known fact that ewj had much better music on the genesis:

[youtubehd]wtHJUyzfVfI[/youtubehd]

lol wtf that sounds like complete shit....or are you having a go at me?

ewj had such a beast soundtrack

[youtubehd]9i2I8orVQs0[/youtubehd]

it's a well known fact that ewj had much better music on the genesis:

[youtubehd]wtHJUyzfVfI[/youtubehd]

lol wtf that sounds like complete shit....or are you having a go at me?

no no. i just prefer the sound of the sega.

Guest Enter a new display name

I finished both episodes of Half-Life 2 this weekend. This franchise suffers from the Shenmue syndrome!

Pretty sure they won't be making the third episode. They have confirmed they are working on Source 2, so they're probably getting Half-Life 3 ready for next gen instead. I know Half-Life has always primarily been a PC franchise. But I can't imagine they won't be launching a new Half-life on day one, for as many platforms as possible. The gaming industry has changed a lot since HL2 was released.

And considering how big a success the Left 4 Dead games where on consoles (sales wise), they'd be stupid not to prioritize console versions, as much as a PC version this time.

Edited by Npoess

Valve are the AFX of the gaming world

If they're releasing Left 4 Dead 3 before a new Half-Life game.. Then I'm done being a Valve fanboy.

Edited by Npoess

Pretty sure they won't be making the third episode. They have confirmed they are working on Source 2, so they're probably getting Half-Life 3 ready for next gen instead. I know Half-Life has always primarily been a PC franchise. But I can't imagine they won't be launching a new Half-life on day one, for as many platforms as possible. The gaming industry has changed a lot since HL2 was released.

Yeah I seem to remember an interview with Gaben where he said they're done experimenting with the Episodic structure.

I don't mind the wait for HL3. The Half Life games have always changed games in some way. The first one being the first big FPS with a solid narrative throughout. The second bringing the Source engine and really pushing physics based gameplay. The pressure for a third Half Life to make a significant step forward must be felt within Valve. Don't think about it! Just be excited about other things and let Half Life 3 sneak up on you.

And considering how big a success the Left 4 Dead games where on consoles (sales wise), they'd be stupid not to prioritize console versions, as much as a PC version this time.

I have a feeling once Valve finally gets around to HL:3, it will be mostly forgotten except by the few hardcore, like Counterstrike: Global Offensive is/was. Good game, just past it's prime.

Bioshock Infinite is starting to fall into that category, if they ever release the damn thing.

I have a feeling once Valve finally gets around to HL:3, it will be mostly forgotten except by the few hardcore, like Counterstrike: Global Offensive is/was. Good game, just past it's prime.

Bioshock Infinite is starting to fall into that category, if they ever release the damn thing.

Bioshock Infinite is available for pre-order on Steam now, with its release slated for 26 February 2013.

As for the Half-Life franchise, who knows if anything is gonna come next. I played CS:GO for a couple of weeks after it was released, but haven't touched it in two months.

Are Valve's glory days over, I wonder?

BioShock was only revealed 2 years ago. Some games get revealed 3 even 4 four years before they finally get released, so I wouldn't worry about BioShock Infinite. That game will easily sell 3-4 million copies since there's nothing else around the corner except for GTA.

Don't worry about HL3 or whatever they're working on. The Half-Life franchise is like GTA. It's bigger than E3, Tokyo Game Show, GDC or any of those combined. When Valve has something to announce they'll announce it, and it'll be running on the new Steam engine which modders will go crazy for, and people need HL3 in order to play the next Gary's Mod, CS, Day of Defeat etc. so I'm pretty sure they have nothing to worry about sales-wise.

After looking through reviews and such, I caved in and bought Black Ops 2, it seems pretty cool so far, but I haven't gotten too far into it , been fucking around in the Zombie mode a lot,

If you got a PS3 and wanna play some multiplayer add me: RitzBitz428

BioShock was only revealed 2 years ago. Some games get revealed 3 even 4 four years before they finally get released, so I wouldn't worry about BioShock Infinite. That game will easily sell 3-4 million copies since there's nothing else around the corner except for GTA.

Don't worry about HL3 or whatever they're working on. The Half-Life franchise is like GTA. It's bigger than E3, Tokyo Game Show, GDC or any of those combined. When Valve has something to announce they'll announce it, and it'll be running on the new Steam engine which modders will go crazy for, and people need HL3 in order to play the next Gary's Mod, CS, Day of Defeat etc. so I'm pretty sure they have nothing to worry about sales-wise.

Every other post on the steam forum still asks Gabe to drop the eclairs and release HL3, so I don't think there's much of a chance of it flopping if it's released within the next 1-3 years.

I'm actually relieved that Valve seems to be taking to heart its new strategy of not announcing shit until it's basically ready. Means I can just ignore everything and be pleasantly surprised if and when it comes.

Edited by baph

A couple of hours of Silent Hill: downpour... I'm not hating it this far. Unfotrunately it's not crap my pants scary, but I think it's still pretty eerie, this far it feels like a hybrid of alan wake and silent hill. I guess it's ok, if it doesn't deteriorate as I get further into it I can safely say it's the best SH game in ages.

I'm actually relieved that Valve seems to be taking to heart its new strategy of not announcing shit until it's basically ready.

yeah, I would get tired of that very quickly. not a fan of constant teasers.

I've been pretty excited for the new Bioshock and The Last of Us, but it's getting to the point--having lived with the idea of them for so long-- that I'm sort of just agitated and slightly angry.

Halo 4 multiplayer right now. Level 30 or something; haven't done much spartan ops. It's not too bad, but wanting the multiplayer from Halo 3, I'm disappointed.

Started Fez. Looking to work my through that.

Still playing League of Legends. Terrible community, great game.

Black Ops 2 is surprisingly good so far.

I hear they did some fresh things with the series; at least avoided the traditional single player on rails type of stuff. I don't think I can invest myself into another COD game though.

Valve is working on an updated engine.

HL3 will probably be released on said updated engine.

Mmmm, Source 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Would be interested to see. Source had crazy longevity!

Indeed

HL2 is still a good looking game today, I would argue.

Portal 2 also looked gorgeous, didn't look like a game that was made on a 8 year old engine.

Edited by Npoess

Indeed

HL2 is still a good looking game today, I would argue.

Portal 2 also looked gorgeous, didn't look like game that was made on a 8 year old engine.

Agreed. I think Source has the best lighting and shadows of any engine I've seen and that's why it can last. It doesn't have that plasticy bump map sheen that a lot of them do.