IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

You saw the little scene that appears after the credits roll, right?

That thing in your spoiler was incredible.

Finished The Walking Dead. Feels like I missed out on something and I was hoping it was going to continue even after what happens (I'm being vague on purpose here). But man, that one scene where you talk to

the guy who kidnapped Clementine

was intense. Loved it.

is this topic about video games?

I did. But didn't really know what to make of it.

Finished The Walking Dead. Feels like I missed out on something and I was hoping it was going to continue even after what happens (I'm being vague on purpose here). But man, that one scene where you talk to

was intense. Loved it.

There is a The Walking Dead adventure game... Not to be confused by the upcoming and most likely shitty The Walking Dead game based on AMC's TV show

was intense. Loved it.

There is a The Walking Dead adventure game... Not to be confused by the upcoming and most likely shitty The Walking Dead game based on AMC's TV show

I really wanted to get into the Assassin's Creed 3 multiplayer, but I just can't. It would be super sweet if people actually knew how to play it, but they don't. Most of the people I've played with just run around like a bunch of dumbasses, getting kills worth 150 points. This is especially an issue when they steal the kill right in front of me, after I've built up bonuses worth 800-900 points. It totally ruins the game..

Back to Mass Effect 3 multiplayer for me.

any fans of World of Goo should check out Tomorrow Corporation's new title Little Inferno. Curl up with a spliff and a nice hot cup of chocolate, it's sadistic AND addictive!

Oooo this ought to be great. World of goo was fantastic.

any fans of World of Goo should check out Tomorrow Corporation's new title Little Inferno. Curl up with a spliff and a nice hot cup of chocolate, it's sadistic AND addictive!

Oooo this ought to be great. World of goo was fantastic.

I keep seeing this mentioned everywhere, and my complete inability to fathom how this is a game has gotten me too curious. I'm torrenting now. If it's awesome I will buy. I hope they port to Android like they did with World of Goo.

got a nice Paradox bundle with Steam versions of Victoria II and Crusader Kings II....really looking forward to the CKII....anyone recommend a good starting duke/king to play as?

I pledged on this kickstarter. Their plan seems really cool, and their old game (super clew land) looks great. Haven't played it yet, I'm waiting for them to email me the full version once they (finger's crossed) get funded.

Started Dead Space this weekend.

Delaying a play through of Bioshock because my gf wants to play it first... so that should only be a year or seven wait. She's loving the Walking Dead, though, so thanks to everyone who recommended it.

got a nice Paradox bundle with Steam versions of Victoria II and Crusader Kings II....really looking forward to the CKII....anyone recommend a good starting duke/king to play as?

Any of the Irish counts is a good place to start. Plenty of scope for expansion, no real threats in the early game, and a small managable demesne to start with. That last part is easily overlooked - if you're just managing one county, you get to know all of your courtiers and underlings quite well which is much more fun on the roleplaying side of things. It's awesome to be a king or an emperor with tons of power, but when you've got dozens of counts under you it loses some of that "I know this guy, and I'm going to cut his head off because I don't like him" fun that CK2 does so well.

A duke of Poland also gives you lots of opportunities for intrigue and empire-building - just watch out when the Mongols invade! They usually stop a little east of Poland, but depending on where you've expanded they might give you a headache. Here's a dumb little report I wrote during a particularly exciting game as a Polish king whose brother defected to the HRE and then came back to really fuck things up.

This weekend, I decided to throw my hat into the ring and play as the King of Poland.

The second ruler in my dynasty, King Jakusz, fought many expansionist wars against the pagans to the north, and even took on the King of Denmark in a conflict for the port province of Danzig (which is nowhere near fucking Denmark, greedy Dane).

Everybody loved him for the glory he brought to Poland - except one man. His ambitious brother, Duke Boleslaw. Boleslaw was the only man with a claim to the throne - and he was determined to exercise it. But Jakusz was a gifted military commander and after a short war, Boleslaw was thrown into the dungeon.

I should have left him there to rot. That would have been the smart thing to do. But I needed cash to fund my wars - and even though he was imprisoned and I stripped him of most of his titles, he still had claims on a couple of counties, as did his sons.

So I decided to banish him. That means I got to confiscate his personal wealth - enough to hire a band of mercenaries for at least 6 months - and also take all his titles for myself. More power. More money. Easy, right?

The order was given. Boleslaw had to leave. And he fled to the neighbouring Holy Roman Empire, where the Kaiser gave him a cushy job as a bishop.

Things were relatively quiet for a few years after that. But then, in another expansionist war against Denmark, Jakusz received a crushing head wound while leading troops in battle, and was rendered comatose. And this is where everything went wrong.

When your leader is rendered incapable, he's appointed a regent. The game carries on as usual, but your regent's statistics are used instead of your leader's. Regencies are generally unpopular, with neighbouring rulers as well as your own lords...

And the Kaiser decided that he was going to put the boot in while the Kingdom of Poland was down.

With Boleslaw as his new pawn, he pressed my brother's claim for the Poland - with the full weight of the HRE armies behind him. Within a year, we were defeated, Boleslaw was installed as the puppet-king of Poland, and now Poland itself had lost its independence and was part of the Holy Roman Empire, which now dominated central and eastern Europe.

Jakusz died shortly afterwards. His son relegated to a paltry duke of south Poland, with a mere two counties under his control.

Boleslaw sold out the ENTIRE KINGDOM of Poland to make a short-term grab for power. My own dynasty was neutered.

"I knew you hated me, Boleslaw... but did you really hate Poland so much as well?"

But it's not the end of Duke Pavel. Because Jakusz, great leader that he was, was married to the Queen of Croatia - who still reigns, enjoying massive popularity.

When she dies, Pavel is her sole heir. And he'll become King of Croatia.

It's a small kingdom. But with judicious marriages and smart maneuvering, we could end up in a position to seize the Polish crown once more. And with the combined forces of Poland and Croatia, we could launch a war for independence from the HRE... and kick the Kaiser where it hurts.

God bless the Nowina dynasty. And God bless Poland.

Fuck I love that game so much.

Edited by Iain C

Guest cult fiction

It's definitely ambiguous... I interpreted it as:

Clementine has been rendered unable to trust, which is probably a good thing in that universe. Normally you'd expect she would just go running up to those two figures hoping they were Omid & Christa.

Clementine has been rendered unable to trust, which is probably a good thing in that universe. Normally you'd expect she would just go running up to those two figures hoping they were Omid & Christa.

Yeah, could be.

I've been hesitant to look up the ending(s) online, because I want to play it again.

I wonder what happens if you decide not to cut off your arm?

Fuck me, that game was good! GOTY.

played black ops 2 for like 1½ hour and fucking hell, give me control of my goddamn character damnit! so far it's worse than mw3, or max payne 3 even, it's like 98% in-game or between mission cutscenes or scenarios where i have to sneak around in some grass or drag some dude through the jungle I JUST WANT TO SHOOT SOME PEOPLE FUCK

Hmm... I guess you get the same little scene no matter who you ended up with and what choices you made, and that's why it's so vague. It'll work in whatever context, and it's up to the player to fill in the blanks.

Guest disparaissant

snagged civ v goty for 12.50 yesterday. not really digging it as much as civ iv, which was the case when i pirated it, but now i can play a couple friends and that's cool.