IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I think after playing Dishonored and Hitman Absolution that I'm done with the stealth genre.

I've always said that I love the genre. But I'm just done with sneaking up behind, and killing stupid A.I.'s... It's not fun anymore.

I think after playing Dishonored and Hitman Absolution that I'm done with the stealth genre.

I've always said that I love the genre. But I'm just done with sneaking up behind, and killing stupid A.I.'s... It's not fun anymore.

Me too. Especially after winding down your day with a video game after a long day at work or school...stealth just isn't the best way to blow off steam.

holiday gaming: Fallout 1 and 2. fuck yeah.

as a huge, huge fan of the newer fallouts (F3, F:NV), am I pretty much guaranteed to enjoy these?

Also, how many hours worth of gametime (roughly) is in each of these games? I seem to get the impression that they are rather short, especially in comparison to the newer ones in the series.

Guest Frankie5fingers

from what i know, 3 and NV have nothing in comparison to 1 and 2. they're pretty much different games and just cause you like 3 doesn't mean youll instantly love 1 and 2. however, they are really good games and you should definitely give em a try. i don't know how long they are though.

holiday gaming: Fallout 1 and 2. fuck yeah.

as a huge, huge fan of the newer fallouts (F3, F:NV), am I pretty much guaranteed to enjoy these?

Also, how many hours worth of gametime (roughly) is in each of these games? I seem to get the impression that they are rather short, especially in comparison to the newer ones in the series.

They're super-different, both in tone and in gameplay, but if you're keen on the basic idea behind the setting and you don't mind fairly slow RPGs with turn-based combat, they're about as good as it gets. Buggy as hell though, so make sure you take advantage of whatever mods and patches the community has developed in the past 15 years or so.

I'm in the minority in that I prefer FO2 to FO1. But they're both top, and will keep you busy for many days if not weeks - couldn't say exactly how long in hours, but they are not short games.

As a basic rule of thumb, if you liked Planescape Torment, you'll get along with the original Fallouts.

Just got done beating After Fall Insanity. It has its ups and downs. The gameplay and story were enough to make me want to see through it to the end and actually enjoy it while doing so. However, certain parts (especially at the end where it really counts) feel rushed and cut scenes lack sounds and slow down to some crappy matrix like slow down technique. At first you don't know if its intended or if their doing it for technical reasons, I still don't know.

Back to Fry Cry 3.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

I'm totally hooked on Far Cry 3 now I have all the takedown skills and the wingsuit + parachute. Taking out a few guys with chained and knife throw takedowns and jumping of a cliff never gets old. Some of the set pieces are pretty damn cool as well. Such a shame the story comes out so bland because the protagonist and his friends are such shitty characters.

I'm totally hooked on Far Cry 3 now I have all the takedown skills and the wingsuit + parachute. Taking out a few guys with chained and knife throw takedowns and jumping of a cliff never gets old. Some of the set pieces are pretty damn cool as well. Such a shame the story comes out so bland because the protagonist and his friends are such shitty characters.

tHIS. Fucking protagonist and his friends are so fucking shitty.

tHIS. Fucking protagonist and his friends are so fucking shitty.

I'm pretty sure that's on purpose.

I'm trying to get into gtaIV, since I never gave it a fair chance the first time round, but the nagging friends on my mobile and the endless driving to start a failed mission is making it very very hard to enjoy, when it just flows it's good. Why am I always on the other side of town for everything. Fuck.

Edited by Gocab

I'm trying to get into gtaIV, since I never gave it a fair chance the first time round, but the nagging friends on my mobile and the endless driving to start a failed mission is making it very very hard to enjoy, when it just flows it's good. Why am I always on the other side of town for everything. Fuck.

You do know that you can turn off your phone, right? And you can take a cab that will take you straight to your mission.

Nope, I'll do that. the mission start is always at some other place, it's always go here drive for ten minutes while listening to chatter, get this thing, go there, get killed. I guess I should just stop getting killed.

Nope, I'll do that. the mission start is always at some other place, it's always go here drive for ten minutes while listening to chatter, get this thing, go there, get killed. I guess I should just stop getting killed.

Yeah, don't give up on it, because GTAIV is one of the best games this generation. And once you're done with it you've got two excellent expansion packs to play through.