IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Gave Enter the Gungeon a good number of tries and it's pretty difficult. More difficult than Binding of Isaac. And it doesn't have that 'one more try' addiction that BOI has. I haven't got passed the second floor yet.

If I don't get the key at midnight-1am I guess I'll have to get the Android Steam app just so i can launch the download from work.

But yeah, :catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope::catnope:

I actually got it, pre-loading now :emotawesomepm9:

pft i was done pre-loading hours ago

you're p late to the game imo

*trugamer*

pft i was done pre-loading 3 weeks ago

you're p late to the game imho tbh

*eventruergamer*

Revisiting Battlefront II today made me remember about how poor EA's new one is. It's seriously one of the most bare bones games that I've ever played.

I just picked up the Star Wars Classics bundle on PS4 for $11, man I used to love Bounty Hunter back in the day. I wish this included the Rogue Squadron games, which are on Steam.

Nintendo will most probly announce an English translation of Mother 3 at E3 this year. I can see their marketing campaign now: mothEr3, or Moth3r

4 titles being heavily rumored for NX launch release:

Zelda

Smash Bros Remastered

Mario Maker

Splatoon

Nintendo will most probly announce an English translation of Mother 3 at E3 this year. I can see their marketing campaign now: mothEr3, or Moth3r

4 titles being heavily rumored for NX launch release:

Zelda

Smash Bros Remastered

Mario Maker

Splatoon

Mario Maker 2? Or a refurbished Mario Maker?

Guest bitroast

hey ... dark souls 3 is really good. took a wee while getting into it and getting past feeling that tickling sensatation of souls fatigue. its like everything thats good about the previous souls games (demons souls through to bloodborne..) rolled into one, polished package :^) :^)

hey ... dark souls 3 is really good. took a wee while getting into it and getting past feeling that tickling sensatation of souls fatigue. its like everything thats good about the previous souls games (demons souls through to bloodborne..) rolled into one, polished package :^) :^)

Yeah, it's like they've taken all the best parts of the previous games and rolled them into one lush package. Combat feels so much more tighter than DS2 which was always a tad "floaty". Even BB's speed and agility has found its way in.

My only gripe is some areas and enemies feel a little too Bloodborne at the moment (Even a fair few reused assets from the game), but I've read this quickly passes and later areas look straight out of Dark Souls 1. The hub area is lush too.

There's also one bit where you fight crabs. Like, not unreasonably large crabs, just a bunch of crabs. Maybe it was the tiredness but I could not stop laughing at the idea of the devs having a Friday afternoon moment and just agreeing on that.

Gave Enter the Gungeon a good number of tries and it's pretty difficult. More difficult than Binding of Isaac. And it doesn't have that 'one more try' addiction that BOI has. I haven't got passed the second floor yet.

Once you develop GunLust™, you'll see how replayable it really is - the sheer number of guns, their effects, and the bosses (for me) make this more fun than BOI. Afterbirth DLC may change that, but considering how long it's been out for PC, the surprises are all spoiled at this point.

Evoland 2 is fun, taking the gimmick of the first one (progressively updated graphics as you continue through the game) and adding a decent story onto it.

That said, the inbuilt card game is occupying my focus more than the story atm...need...more...cards!

Yeah, it's like they've taken all the best parts of the previous games and rolled them into one lush package. Combat feels so much more tighter than DS2 which was always a tad "floaty". Even BB's speed and agility has found its way in.

My only gripe is some areas and enemies feel a little too Bloodborne at the moment (Even a fair few reused assets from the game), but I've read this quickly passes and later areas look straight out of Dark Souls 1. The hub area is lush too.

There's also one bit where you fight crabs. Like, not unreasonably large crabs, just a bunch of crabs. Maybe it was the tiredness but I could not stop laughing at the idea of the devs having a Friday afternoon moment and just agreeing on that.

Agreed. Can't wait to get to the bit mentioned in yr spoiler, I'm only about 6+ hours in, and taking it slow and methodically, not looking anything up.

sent using magic space waves

Guest bitroast

really loving dark souls 3.

the reused assets doesn't bother me too much considering they've been reusing ideas and assets from the very beginning pretty much. dark souls 1 felt like a appropriated, polished demon's souls. bloodborne had it as well ... a lot of recycled sound assets from the grunts to the bell chimes, etc. it's not too much a big deal when it means the team can produce something as overall-ly excellent as dark souls 3 ( / fan boy apologising ). but honestly, the recycling is a non issue for me :^)

also .. re: recycled ideas ... it's like, dark souls 1 ( demons souls, bloodborne ) all had this sense of history/lore building and letting the player piece together the past. this time, the past is established and already part of the ds3 lore from the get go. it feels very sendoff-y and fan service-y ... but it's done nicely.

more than anything, i just can't stop gawking at the level design.

it feels like exploring a giant adventure playground ...

i mean ... check out these sick screenshots : ^ O

ozVECaz.jpgecuE4M3.jpg

Guest bitroast

Really enjoying various games on my new Oculus Rift thingy

ooo what games ???

from what i've briefly played ... i was loving PROJECT CARS (pretty much gran turismo with head in the drivers seat and all the fun cars unlocked from get go).

So far I've played

-Half Life 2 (beat this a while back in the dk2 i borrowed.)

-Currently playing 'Chronos'. Great game, I'm impressed that Oculus has exclusives this good.

-Lucky's Tale, which is a platformer. Very fun, though it makes me wish I was playing a 3D mario game in the rift. The gameplay is a little above average, but the fact that I'm playing it in a rift makes it twice as fun. A general rule I've found is that the rift makes any game twice as fun :).

-I've played Project Cars, that's fun too.

-BlazeRush, which is kinda like that SNES game where you race RC cars, except you're hovering over them. In the rift it looks like you're racing small toy cars that can blow each other up. Once you get to try one again you'll see what I mean.

I also own Elite Dangerous which is the 'star' game of the rift, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. There are also a ton of fun games I haven't tried yet. Not in a rush as there isn't a ton out for the rift yet. That is probably the biggest downside going for it. I mean, there's plenty to do, though there just needs to be more variety.

Edited by Brisbot

Guest bitroast

Luckys Tale is cool.

Largely reminds me of ... Super Mario 3D Land on the 3ds... which employed similar 3D landscapes utilizing the 3Dvision of the 3d, but was obviously bit more limited because the occulus rift has full field of view vision and you're able to deep your head closer and further away from the setpieces. it's a good launch game ... because the static camera means there's essentially little to room for motion sickness. also agreed ... it'd be nicer if it was a fully blown out Mario experience. but still, a sweet game.

VR is exciting ... man. :^)

Yeah for the past like 2 years I haven't really played video games as my interest has waned, but with the rift it's coming back :). I love the fact that I'm able to play single player things again without it having to be an amazing game. I just played competitive games for a while, but after some time they lost their luster and began to all feel samey, especially those Moba and FPS games.

Yeah, I beat SM3DL just a few months back, they're very similar. I wish Lucky's Tale had more mechanics, like the long jump and things like that. Ways an experienced player can get around the environment. Or maybe suits where lucky can fly with. It's kind of basic really. I just know if this wasn't a VR game I wouldn't play past the first level. But since it is i'm on world 2 :)

VR is making me feel like a kid again, at least in terms of video games. I find myself laughing a lot when I play it. It's great.

Edited by Brisbot

any1 played ratchet and clank yet?

No, but it is surprisingly getting good reviews for a remake - the last PS3 R&C game I just couldn't finish it was so boring (despite being really pretty).

New NMS demo. It's gonna be a huge game. I also like how they noted that it'll be "wiki-proof", meaning that walkthroughs will be of little help.
[youtubehd]D-uMFHoF8VA[/youtubehd]

any1 played ratchet and clank yet?

No, but it is surprisingly getting good reviews for a remake - the last PS3 R&C game I just couldn't finish it was so boring (despite being really pretty).

it's.... ratchet and clank. if it aint broke dont fix it! But now on PS4 it is literally like you are blowing up a pixar movie

Edited by dr lopez