IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

hmm... you may be surprised. i bought an octagate back in the day thinking something similar but it actually felt worse. luckily it's not that big of an investment ($4+ shipping). https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-gate/

i've actually had better results with a battop and heavier gauge spring.

you're aware of some of the input shortcuts that exist for shoryu's, half circles and 720's, yeah? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/55389548

my biggest gripe with trials is i really wish they'd just put the fucking command in the list instead of the name of the move. i spent like 30 minutes trying to chain alex's lk into a "flash elbow" which is a charge move instead of a "flash chop" which is a qcf move that looks almost identical when you watch the demo reel :catrage:

mind. blown. 20+ years of playing SF and I didn't know that.

You can change it from "Move Name" to "Input Command" if you pause the trial and bring up the menu. Unfortunately, you have to set that EVERY TIME you leave and enter the trial area.

well i think the input shortcuts are "new" as of sfiv (so stll like 7 years old) but they definitely still exist in sfv. although i think i've read a few have been altered or removed. most of the ones i ever used still seem to be intact. i feel really stupid for not even thinking to look for the command input as an option. def will make grinding out the trials for characters i've never used easier. especially characters who scream their specials in japanese even with the english vo -_-

Enter the Gungeon is everything Nuclear Throne wasn't, and much more well thought out and stable.

You've peaked my interest.

Gungeon does look fun but can't really spend any cash atm, might sell something to buy it.

edit: anyone got some game recommends for something I can play with the sound down while I listen to radio progs / podcasts?

Edited by Bechuga

Looks like I'll be the only one here talking about Hyper Light Drifter until it comes out on consoles.

Speaking of which, time to test out my new USB controller.

fez was good but i only ever beat the bare minimum of the game. tons of puzzles i never encountered or simply gave up on

I've started deciphering the writings in the game. I think might have to fire up Photoshop and set up all the letters up in alphabetical order.

Think it's the only game on Steam I managed to get 100% on. Absolutely loved every minute of it!

Damn. This is my second time playing it. The first time I never made it past the "The Quick Brown Fox"-part (I'm keeping this vague in case people want to play it) but this time I'm determined to finish it. I can't even remember if I made it past the bell?

To be honest 'solving' the quick brown fox seemed kinda pointless for the effort required. No-one says really anything of use - Spent hours going letter by letter though dialogue boxes and realised I pretty much just wasted my time learning nothing but vague lore !

To be fair (and I feel terrible about this but in a way relieved as I know I really wouldn't have *ever* solved it) was the 'Security room' puzzle to get my last Red cube, with the only reason you really need the above skillset for. Even knowing the letters the clue was just so vague and -word removed as I realise that's actually a spoiler and half the answer!-

To be honest 'solving' the quick brown fox seemed kinda pointless for the effort required. No-one says really anything of use - Spent hours going letter by letter though dialogue boxes and realised I pretty much just wasted my time learning nothing but vague lore !

But there are puzzles that require you to use the it, right? I stopped playing when I deciphered the "Please answer this security question. What's my name?". It took me forever to decipher it because I took photos of the alphabet with my phone and some of the letters looked identical on the photos. Also, I'm pretty sure I need glasses, so that didn't help.

Yeah I just added a bit to my post - IRRC that's the only time it's needed (and I think the note you find somewhere that gives you a clue to that room).

Was super lo tech and used paper and pencil for the translation !

did a 4hour match online of tiberium sun against my wife yesterday

game is free and tons of people still play the command and conquer series

wish i still had red alert 2, they should make this free

Guest bitroast

looking forward to the vita release. i'd get it on phone but i want them physical buttons for maximum enjoyment :^)

looking forward to the vita release. i'd get it on phone but i want them physical buttons for maximum enjoyment :^)

I would definitely prefer physical controls versus the on-screen tablet version. Maybe if they're pushing it to Vita, they can also have it available for PS4 as well? I would think Sony would make those easy to back and forth with the porting, but who knows.