IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

can't wait for ratchet and clank in a week!!

Same! Me and the gf play it together and it's always fun, except when we want to kill each other. But that's not nearly as bad as when we played Portal 2 together.

i've played literally every ratchet and clank game (apart from the ghey PSP ones) since the first waaaaay back in 02 and I just fucking love them. I don't understand why there aren't more games like it.. aka super easy and you dont have to grind out levels. so boring. you just play and blow cartoon shit up!! whats not to love!!

edit: caveat i am not a gamer

Edited by dr lopez

can't wait for ratchet and clank in a week!!

Same! Me and the gf play it together and it's always fun, except when we want to kill each other. But that's not nearly as bad as when we played Portal 2 together.

lol. i could never get my gf to play portal 1 when i was in love with it but when 2 came out w/co-op i managed to get her on board. she was hesitant at first but a few hours in and we were both racing into each new chamber trying to be the one to figure out the puzzles. good times

Enter the Gungeon is out today on PS4 - so hype!

Also, PS4 system update 3.50 brings PC/Mac Remote Play (only in 720p though)!

So many great games hitting all at once - why didn't they stagger these releases throughout the year?

Also, as if anyone had to be reminded, Uncharted 4 is jaw-droppingly amazing:

And, just a week away for Dark Souls 3! Getting good reviews so far, and it sounds harder than DS1/2!

PS4 system update 3.50 brings PC/Mac Remote Play (only in 720p though)!

Oh that's cool, I usually use the monitor on my second PC with a PS TV for remote play.

bought twilight princess hd since i've never played it. still just playing sfv though :cerious:

realized i was actually pretty close to beating ffx on ps4 too. so i may try and hammer that out before i move on to twipri

i've played literally every ratchet and clank game (apart from the ghey PSP ones) since the first waaaaay back in 02 and I just fucking love them. I don't understand why there aren't more games like it.. aka super easy and you dont have to grind out levels. so boring. you just play and blow cartoon shit up!! whats not to love!!

Me too, have been with the franchise since the beginning. I hope to God they bring it to PC because I don't got a PS4. :(

edit: if you play games U is a gamer. Don't listen to that 'hardcore gamer' bullshit, those people never have any fun

Edited by Bechuga

Me too, have been with the franchise since the beginning. I hope to God they bring it to PC because I don't got a PS4. :(

edit: if you play games U is a gamer. Don't listen to that 'hardcore gamer' bullshit, those people never have any fun

the last game i played was the new amplitude. i don't play other games

Speaking of Amplitude... you can get it FREE for PS3/4 on PSN right now (there is a glitch, so act fast). Instructions here:

[no stealing - turns out this is a glitch]

Highly unlikely Ratchet and Clank will come to any other platform other than Sony ones... but never say never.

bought twilight princess hd since i've never played it. still just playing sfv though :cerious:

realized i was actually pretty close to beating ffx on ps4 too. so i may try and hammer that out before i move on to twipri

Burned through TwiPri in less than 30 hours - fun game, but forgettable (in comparison to other Zelda games). Wished they had done Skyward Sword instead since I haven't finished that one yet.

Edited by Joyrex
Morals restored

Speaking of Amplitude... you can get it FREE for PS3/4 on PSN right now (there is a glitch, so act fast). Instructions here:

Highly unlikely Ratchet and Clank will come to any other platform other than Sony ones... but never say never.

Burned through TwiPri in less than 30 hours - fun game, but forgettable (in comparison to other Zelda games). Wished they had done Skyward Sword instead since I haven't finished that one yet.

I disagree, I think it's one of the best Zeldas in terms of its tone. And a far better game than Skyward Sword to boot, but I'm biased because the motion controls annoyed me to no end.

Edited by Joyrex
Morals restored

good look on amplitude. had to do it from work browser but i think it worked. so much of slickdeals is just paid advertising these days i barely look at it.

i'm sure they'll rerelease skyward sword at some point in the not too distant future. i enjoyed it a good bit.

did you have any luck with the sfv trials?

Edited by Joyrex
Morals restored

good look on amplitude. had to do it from work browser but i think it worked. so much of slickdeals is just paid advertising these days i barely look at it.

i'm sure they'll rerelease skyward sword at some point in the not too distant future. i enjoyed it a good bit.

did you have any luck with the sfv trials?

I think I need an 8-gate joystick - my MadCatz has a 4-gate, and I can't seem to get the diagonals to register properly for some of those trials. I can do about 4/10 of Ryu, and my son has gotten 9/10 with Cammy (and he plays on a DS4), but can't get the last one.

I really like them because it teaches fundamentals, and I suspect if I put in the time, I'd eventually get them mastered.

cool it's awesome stealing from a cool indie developer that had to kickstart to get this game made...

Oh - you mean this isn't really free? I thought it was one of those "download the demo/unlock the full game" deals...

Hopefully Sony patches this ASAP.

Edited by Joyrex
Morals restored

hmm... you may be surprised. i bought an octagate back in the day thinking something similar but it actually felt worse. luckily it's not that big of an investment ($4+ shipping). https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-gate/

i've actually had better results with a battop and heavier gauge spring.

you're aware of some of the input shortcuts that exist for shoryu's, half circles and 720's, yeah? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/55389548

my biggest gripe with trials is i really wish they'd just put the fucking command in the list instead of the name of the move. i spent like 30 minutes trying to chain alex's lk into a "flash elbow" which is a charge move instead of a "flash chop" which is a qcf move that looks almost identical when you watch the demo reel :catrage:

I've completed 99% of BOI: Afterbirth and have no idea what I have to do now. All of the bosses have been beat with every character and every challenge his been completed :catface:

Hyper Light Drifter targeting a Summer 2016 release on PS4/Xbone

Already put 2 hours into it on PC. I dare say it's the most "IDM" game I've played in years, based on the sound, music, and overall design alone.

In terms of game play, I remember one reviewer describing it as the Zelda and Metroid games getting married, having a child, and teaching him/her to play Dark Souls. Pretty accurate I think, even though I've only played two out of the three.

Edited by ambermonk

I haven't finished all the trials yet but I can't imagine any of them being harder than Karin's sixth trial

no shit dude. i didn't even know sf had just frames. probably took me about 10-15 minutes on that one alone. got up to 8 or 9 i think before i just got so fed up with scrolling through the command list to see what the commands for kyufjkingsho orochi den netsu tenko was

hmm... you may be surprised. i bought an octagate back in the day thinking something similar but it actually felt worse. luckily it's not that big of an investment ($4+ shipping). https://www.focusattack.com/sanwa-gt-y-octagonal-restrictor-gate/

i've actually had better results with a battop and heavier gauge spring.

you're aware of some of the input shortcuts that exist for shoryu's, half circles and 720's, yeah? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/975212-super-street-fighter-iv/55389548

my biggest gripe with trials is i really wish they'd just put the fucking command in the list instead of the name of the move. i spent like 30 minutes trying to chain alex's lk into a "flash elbow" which is a charge move instead of a "flash chop" which is a qcf move that looks almost identical when you watch the demo reel :catrage:

mind. blown. 20+ years of playing SF and I didn't know that.

You can change it from "Move Name" to "Input Command" if you pause the trial and bring up the menu. Unfortunately, you have to set that EVERY TIME you leave and enter the trial area.

I've completed 99% of BOI: Afterbirth and have no idea what I have to do now. All of the bosses have been beat with every character and every challenge his been completed :catface:

Enter the Gungeon. So fucking fun!