IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Agreed on DS3. The part of this botched release that irks me most is that FromSoft is taking away a lot of the fun of the games: to discover and learn and try to piece together all the parts of the gameplay and story together along with the rest of the community. They've essentially taken that away from a huge chunk of their fanbase by staggering the release so wildly and handing out promo copies to streamers without any restrictions.

When most of the rest of the world gets the game, nearly every bit of lore and boss weaknesses and any other fun and interesting details will be readily online, high level players will be rampant to invade/troll via messages, etc. I was really hoping for a relatively blind play through given that this is the 'last' Souls game, but that has been shot to fuck. I'll still enjoy the game I'm sure, but damn did they ruin what could be been a great send off for this iteration of the series.

sent using magic space waves

im still waiting for Fire Emblem: Fates to be released in the UK... talk about a pointless delay. Japan has had it for ages and America got it a couple of months ago. we don't get it til may! wtf

Guest bitroast

Agreed on DS3. The part of this botched release that irks me most is that FromSoft is taking away a lot of the fun of the games: to discover and learn and try to piece together all the parts of the gameplay and story together along with the rest of the community. They've essentially taken that away from a huge chunk of their fanbase by staggering the release so wildly and handing out promo copies to streamers without any restrictions.

im going to assume/pretend it was bandais decision doing and leave fromsoftware outta this

When most of the rest of the world gets the game, nearly every bit of lore and boss weaknesses and any other fun and interesting details will be readily online, high level players will be rampant to invade/troll via messages, etc. I was really hoping for a relatively blind play through given that this is the 'last' Souls game, but that has been shot to fuck. I'll still enjoy the game I'm sure, but damn did they ruin what could be been a great send off for this iteration of the series.

sent using magic space waves

Yeah, I've only heard stories about the early stages of Dark Souls when there was nothing online about bosses, enemies or even mechanics. I wasn't into it at the time, but it sounded great. For DkS2 I just waited for the PC version, which came out when there was pretty much nothing to discover anymore. I really hoped for a blind playthrough this time but it's getting hard not to learn anything about the games since even if you're not trying there's like huge signs on YouTube and such about what's in the game. And since I watch a lot Dark Souls related stuff, my feed is infested.

all march sfv updates are out and up. alex is available to play for everybody for free until they figure out how to program their real money store. you can beat his story/survival/tutorials while you have free access to earn extra fight money.

Might give the demo a shot, but playing FFXIII for a couple of hours completely put me off anything to do with jrpgs for years.

Might give the demo a shot, but playing FFXIII for a couple of hours completely put me off anything to do with jrpgs for years.

FFXV will be open world though, presumably from the off. They're taking a lot of inspiration from XII for the battle system apparently.

Edited by Caribou

Thought there's been a demo out for FF15 for months now - It's those tits in a car pratting about then, fighting in a field, then meeting the woman in the petrol station right ?

I never thought I would like it, but FFXIII-2 was the most fun RPG I played in years, and way better than FFXIII itself, although that was fun when it let you run around an open field rather than run down corridors. In FFXIII-2 you can play the story in any order, and the story isn't so much a story but puzzles spread over a wide array of timelines and areas. Surprisingly fun, especially for how cheap I got it.

If FFXV is more like that, with the freedom to go wherever and just mess around, I might be tempted. But I'll wait for the reviews first and see.

all march sfv updates are out and up. alex is available to play for everybody for free until they figure out how to program their real money store. you can beat his story/survival/tutorials while you have free access to earn extra fight money.

Really mad that the costumes they are offering are the lame Story Mode costumes. Why can't I buy my Hot Ryu costume?

And having Alex FTP for a limited period is just lame - they should give him away to make up for the (still) shaky launch.

Juiceiuj: Any tips on combo timing? I'm trying the Challenges, but some of the combos I can't seem to get the timing right. They seem to follow a rhythm, but is there anything beyond "gg" you can offer as advice?

Loved the FFXV demo, the animations are ace. I'm a huge sucker for animations, especially stuff like real time combat animations, thank you dear Square Enix <3

I'm still a bit pissed at the Limited Edition having DLC in it. I don't mind it having more figma and artbooks and steelbooks - but just taking stuff out of the game to sell it with a 269$ edition that sells out in hours is a bit disappointing. Hope they'll at least let me buy the royal 2006 outfit for Noctis later down the road.

Edit: And the Masamune! Golden blades for days, Chrono Trigger style!

Edited by chronical

The demo seems very Kingdom Hearts to me, agree they should put the DLC up for sale later. I'm sure they will.

Yeah I thought the same thing, although that was probably because of the dream-like scenes, especially the one where you're basically Alice in Wonderland. The music felt very KHtsy too, I really liked it. And the animations. Man. I just want KH3. Unreal Engine > Luminous.

Super Russian Roulette for NES: a genius use of the Light Zapper for NES, this guy has written a game where you take turns putting the zapper to your head, until only one player is left alive.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/batslyadams/super-russian-roulette-a-new-party-game-for-the-ne

Started Super Metroid and DK Country 2 on snes emulator this weekend.

Both are quite difficult and esoteric playing them for the first time. But im just getting the hang of them and the improvement feels good

also playing Super Metroid - must be one of the best games I've played.

I know no other game where it feels so good getting some sort of upgrade, and the upgrades combine nicely with actual increase in motoric skill.

also the atmosphere is very nice, the narrative explains itself pretty much exclusively through gameplay... lush!