IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Started Super Metroid and DK Country 2 on snes emulator this weekend.

Both are quite difficult and esoteric playing them for the first time. But im just getting the hang of them and the improvement feels good

also playing Super Metroid - must be one of the best games I've played.

I know no other game where it feels so good getting some sort of upgrade, and the upgrades combine nicely with actual increase in motoric skill.

also the atmosphere is very nice, the narrative explains itself pretty much exclusively through gameplay... lush!

Looking forward to playing that and A Link to the Past on 3DS

I found the secret to unlocking a lot of stuff quickly in Miitomo, is create two Miis on two different devices, then use one as a bot. Same strategy as Streetpass

There's already an exclusive Zelda Picross game available, so it gives you an incentive to work towards

all march sfv updates are out and up. alex is available to play for everybody for free until they figure out how to program their real money store. you can beat his story/survival/tutorials while you have free access to earn extra fight money.

Really mad that the costumes they are offering are the lame Story Mode costumes. Why can't I buy my Hot Ryu costume?

And having Alex FTP for a limited period is just lame - they should give him away to make up for the (still) shaky launch.

re: combo trials. some of them are kinda weird. you're playing ryu, right? i know there's one of his where you actually need to take a step after a counterhit hk, before hitting hp or the rest of the combo will whiff.

i've done rmika's ryus, kens, chuns, and cammy's i think? the best advice i can think of is to just watch the demo of the combo from the practice screen to get a better idea of timing. some of them do weird stuff like having you switch sides mid combo, or where the ordered list of attacks is the order of what hits the dummy first but that's not necessarily how the inputs are ordered. usually the demo reels will clear any of that stuff up

not that miffed about alex but that's just 'cause i have no interest in playing him. i keep hearing that all of the non-story dlc outfits are only going to be purchasable with real money and not fight money, which is pretty lame. but as long as all of the dlc that affects gameplay is free (characters) i'm not gonna worry about it. game is too fun

ffxv demo was weird. very pretty but really hard to get any real idea of how the game will play since there's really only one battle where you don't just hold circle the entire time. hopefully they can improve the framerate too but not gonna hold my breath

Thought there's been a demo out for FF15 for months now - It's those tits in a car pratting about then, fighting in a field, then meeting the woman in the petrol station right ?

No.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/30/11333548/final-fantasy-15-platinum-demo-ps4-xbox-one

I've had a playable demo for about a year?

I don't recall where I got it though.

Edit: may have been on FF type 0 disc.

Neverrrrmind I get it.

Edited by StephenG

Ugh, really disliked the FF demo, not going to get the full game. It's a shame, playing bravely default on the 3DS made me think we could possibly get another decent installment to the franchise.

I had more fun playing phantasy star online offline on my Dreamcast than this abortion. Is they really the best JRPGs can do at the moment? Running around picking up golden crystals for no particular reason (ok, you get better gear /spells for wasting your time collecting them, why not do something actually interesting to get the items instead?) and weak button mashing combat?

And that fucking sound that creature makes... I'm too old for this shit!

*turns into a truck and drives away*

Edited by Gocab

Guest bitroast

Dank Souls 3 in a week and a half :catcry:

:catcry:

thought the april fools Dark Souls 3 - The VHS Movie youtuube thing was a fairly lazy overly glorified game trailer again (was not particularly in the mood for seeing new enemy designs without warning, was expecting more of a gag, a laugh).

having said that, i totally want that artwork for the actual game cover

iNAaOW6.jpg

Started Super Metroid and DK Country 2 on snes emulator this weekend.

Both are quite difficult and esoteric playing them for the first time. But im just getting the hang of them and the improvement feels good

also playing Super Metroid - must be one of the best games I've played.

I know no other game where it feels so good getting some sort of upgrade, and the upgrades combine nicely with actual increase in motoric skill.

also the atmosphere is very nice, the narrative explains itself pretty much exclusively through gameplay... lush!

Looking forward to playing that and A Link to the Past on 3DS

at first I thought FUCK YEA, thought they would have 3D-ized the SNES games for the 3DS, but only 2D - played a bit of Mario Kart on my GF's DS today and my hands totally cramp up after 15-20 minutes. Wtf, that control-stick thing on the left is so bad.

Playing Metroid with OpenEmu and a PS4 Dualshock, it's ok. Wish I had an old TV to play on with a proper SNES

Super Russian Roulette for NES: a genius use of the Light Zapper for NES, this guy has written a game where you take turns putting the zapper to your head, until only one player is left alive.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/batslyadams/super-russian-roulette-a-new-party-game-for-the-ne

That is hilarious. Wish I could have donated to that.

FFXV demo was decent, combat seems a little bare bones but I like the music / visuals

when's Persona V though

yoJC2ylz0FRk0WCH9S.gif

ack! I know!!!

I'm waiting on P5 big time, I can't wait. It was actually already supposed to be out, March I thought? But pushed back to July (that's the rumour anyway).

FFXV demo was decent, combat seems a little bare bones but I like the music / visuals

when's Persona V though

ack! I know!!!

I'm waiting on P5 big time, I can't wait. It was actually already supposed to be out, March I thought? But pushed back to July (that's the rumour anyway).

yeah this summer most likely

Not sure how to feel about FFXV demo. Androgynous teenage boy communicating with a cutesy critter via text message, emojis and all, makes me feel old - even though I'm not really. I quite like the live action combat though, but it felt a bit sloppy compared to other ARPGs.

I've been getting back into Planetside 2 on the PS4, of all things. I used to play it a bit years back on the PC but the grind was just painful, it seems they've leveled things out a bit more and included less "busywork" upgrades. I still loving playing infiltrator, it's pretty much my dream sniper game. Run around a hillside and pop heads.

Not sure how to feel about FFXV demo. Androgynous teenage boy communicating with a cutesy critter via text message, emojis and all, makes me feel old - even though I'm not really. I quite like the live action combat though, but it felt a bit sloppy compared to other ARPGs.

Even though I don't give a crap about FF or I think it's fair to point out that none of the levels in the demo are in the final version of the game. The demo seems like more of a tech demo than anything.

haven't played anything for a while but came upon besiege (alpha), and spent like 7 hours straight on it. absolutely fucking brilliant and hilarious physics based sanbdox. basically you build your own siege machines with a big variety of building blocks and many types of weapons and mechanisms and shit, you are offered great control of many different elements (you can basically set a hotkey to every particular cannon you install) and completely all kinds of objectives (usually destroying something) with what you've built. shit really gets to next level where you have to build flying machines of destruction. for example i built a flying helicopter drilling machine to take out some zeppelins in one of the missions with said drill.

check this shit out, fucking unreal, lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srwfMaaukpE

Being a big Resident Evil fan, is RE6 worth playing on PS4 or should I just stick to Dying Light until the RE4 remaster?

I only played the demo of RE6 and it was a steaming pile of poo. RE4 is a masterpiece though.