IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest bitroast
ughhh. overwatch is so good. 

still playing quickmatches and levelling my way up. still learning it proper and getting used to all the characters and whatnot.

they made playing as tank/healer builds so much fun. finding the more i'm playing it the more i'm getting a bit relaxed in how the gameflow works and falling into more and more ridiculous silly situations. 

as much as the game seems to rely on diverse teams working together to get the better hand,... managed to have a couple rounds other day with team consisting entirely of the Symmetra character ... and we absolutely obliterated the other team. very good defense team because everyone is just running around popping turrets everywhere, which creates ample distraction to the other team, while you have a team of 6 symmetras running around doing melee damage. on top of that, her special is to create a little teleport bubble from one point to another. every time i died there was a good 6 teleport bubbles already waiting at the spawn point waiting for me ^-^!!!

ugh. i could go on and keep relaying some of my favourite moments.. but i won't. that would probably be a bad idea.

i will say... that i'm loving the game a great deal. and the infectious addicting quality to the game has managed to worm its way into my brain a bit. 

Edited by bitroast

it ... looks ... kind of ... identical ... to how it always looked ... @ bioshock comparisions.

i dunno. maybe i'm imagining things. i hope the upgraded PC version coming out will be added to steam library for already owning the og games. 

i thought the exact same thing. but yeah steam owners are supposed to get free upgrades of 1 & 2. i guess the thought is that infinite is still new enough that gfx haven't improved that much? will be nice for me as i've had 1&2 for ages from some humble bundle or something years ago and never played either of them

it ... looks ... kind of ... identical ... to how it always looked ... @ bioshock comparisions.

i dunno. maybe i'm imagining things. i hope the upgraded PC version coming out will be added to steam library for already owning the og games. 

I think the remastered version looks the way we remember it looking.

Yes, that's what I'm thinking as well. So many new games, so little time.

Guest bitroast

I think the remastered version looks the way we remember it looking.

heh.

i tried firing up bioshock 1 cos i was curious... and it crashed before opening.

ahhh.. you're probably right. remaster is fiiine.

I had the same experience with Red Dead Redemption. I was talking it up big time and telling my girlfriend all about it and then when I fired it up on my Xbox One I was like, "oh...". I mean, it still looks great but in my mind the animations were amazing and the faces were sharp as hell. Instead, the animations are janky and the faces all look like someone smeared vaseline all over my TV. But hey, it's still an amazing game and the skybox still looks fantastic.

Guest bitroast

i replayed red dead sometime this / last year.. it looked fiiiiine to me but the framerate was shocking. if i was playing the exact same game but on a smooth 60fps i honestly wouldn't mind.

oh yeah and the pop in... was pretty bad. 

lighting could be improved i guess ....

i replayed red dead sometime this / last year.. it looked fiiiiine to me but the framerate was shocking. if i was playing the exact same game but on a smooth 60fps i honestly wouldn't mind.

oh yeah and the pop in... was pretty bad. 

lighting could be improved i guess ....

It's a contest 30fps on the Xbone which is pretty nice

Guest bitroast

oh yeah. i was playing on ps3 *** 

was not the best. not the worst, totally playable. but ... ykno. the fps def drops below 30 on ps3.

just finished this yesterday (normal mode, ~6h, 94% item aquisition), conclusion: if you're a fan of the series you seriously owe it to yourself to track this thing down. it deffo felt like the real deal 85~90% (it couldn't quiiite sustain its quality towards the end imo, some areas suddenly felt somewhat empty and rushed but whatevs... also some dramatic turns didn't hit quite as hard as in the original due to new mechanics... not going into detail to avoid spoilers for the sorry few who don't know it yet). some of the puzzle designs and bossfights are honestly among the very best of the franchise. presentationwise it was mostly spot on, graphics nailed it with some minor outliers. i kinda wish the music was similarly 16 bit in style for a more coherent experience, compositions / sound design are pretty cool for the most part, tho. FX are great.

kinda sad it's over really...

fusion 2 - get to it already!!

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

<3

ughhh. overwatch is so good. 

still playing quickmatches and levelling my way up. still learning it proper and getting used to all the characters and whatnot.

they made playing as tank/healer builds so much fun. finding the more i'm playing it the more i'm getting a bit relaxed in how the gameflow works and falling into more and more ridiculous silly situations. 

as much as the game seems to rely on diverse teams working together to get the better hand,... managed to have a couple rounds other day with team consisting entirely of the Symmetra character ... and we absolutely obliterated the other team. very good defense team because everyone is just running around popping turrets everywhere, which creates ample distraction to the other team, while you have a team of 6 symmetras running around doing melee damage. on top of that, her special is to create a little teleport bubble from one point to another. every time i died there was a good 6 teleport bubbles already waiting at the spawn point waiting for me ^-^!!!

ugh. i could go on and keep relaying some of my favourite moments.. but i won't. that would probably be a bad idea.
i will say... that i'm loving the game a great deal. and the infectious addicting quality to the game has managed to worm its way into my brain a bit. 

PC, PS4 or XBONE?

This pretty much sums it up, watched a mate play it for over an hour and it was boring.

This is pretty damn accurate, and fair... I picked it up and have been trying to enjoy it for a week but I'm about done with this shit. Between the repetitive nature, and the constant crashes on the ps4 it's already killed any incentive to play that I had. I've heard Sony is being pretty lenient about giving refunds on digital purchases with this one, I think I'm going to attempt to call and get one...

Looking forward to giving Titanfall 2 a try in October, never got to play 1 being a PS4 owner, and I'm a sucker for anything robot or mech-related.

Looking forward to giving Titanfall 2 a try in October, never got to play 1 being a PS4 owner, and I'm a sucker for anything robot or mech-related.

Open beta this weekend (I think)! Though not on PC. Looks like so much fun though. Edited by Friendly Foil

Yeah, I'm leaning away from No Man's Sky after reading the pretty damning Kotaku review, plus all the reviews/comments from players on the repetitiveness.

kotaku is such a shit site. so glad it's getting shut down next week. ripieces gawker media

Open beta this weekend (I think)! Though not on PC. Looks like so much fun though.

might try this out with some vidjabuds who are purely cod bros

Guest bitroast

i ... believe ... it's only gawker that's closing.. with the other sites continuing to run atm and no mention of shutting down. kotaku lives on .. for now ..

no idea what watmm's opinion is on no man's sky but holy shit, im 50 hours in and loving it.

ur2zxedan6gx.jpg

Edited by data

The consensus seems to be that its crap mr data.

It looks really nice to me though, might try it soon.

Are you finding it repetitive? What do you actually "do" in the game? Just explore?