IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

there's not much to do other than gather resources in order to upgrade your ship which lets you explore more, which is what i do. i love exploring in this game. it seems a lot of people complain about how they played it for 2 hours and everything looks the same. 2 hours isn't enough to upgrade your warp drive to tier 5 and reach the most distant star systems.

everyone starts out in a yellow system, and if you just book it to the center without exploring or going off the beaten path, it's all just yellow systems, which look more or less the same. you can't even reach the other 8 system types without upgrading the warp drive.

but yeah, it's still just exploring. some (most?) people seem to find that tedious as fuck, i love it. i keep coming across weird and wonky places. 

pf6y1k0jr6gx.jpg

7ewlp88ce9gx.jpg

i2bi6eadpnfx.jpg

I'm glad you're enjoying it! I think I'll check it out also. A lot of the open world rpgs etc, some of my favorite things are just exploring so I think I might enjoy NMS.  :beer:

there's not much to do other than gather resources in order to upgrade your ship which lets you explore more, which is what i do. i love exploring in this game. it seems a lot of people complain about how they played it for 2 hours and everything looks the same. 2 hours isn't enough to upgrade your warp drive to tier 5 and reach the most distant star systems.

everyone starts out in a yellow system, and if you just book it to the center without exploring or going off the beaten path, it's all just yellow systems, which look more or less the same. you can't even reach the other 8 system types without upgrading the warp drive.

but yeah, it's still just exploring. some (most?) people seem to find that tedious as fuck, i love it. i keep coming across weird and wonky places. 

pf6y1k0jr6gx.jpg

7ewlp88ce9gx.jpg

i2bi6eadpnfx.jpg

Those look amazing.

Regardless of what people say I'm gonna buy it when it either comes out for Xbox or when I buy a PS4.5

If you want a physical copy of REZ Infinite, I'd recommend registering for an 8bit account ahead of time, they go on sale at 9am PST today, along with the rest of the merchandise, and as word is spreading across social media and game blogs, this run might sell out quickly.

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rez-infinite/products/rezinfinite-ps4physicalgame

enjoying Legend of the Skyfish, a good mix of 2D Zelda, and the fishing mechanic from Pokemon. Cross platform on iOS, so I'm playing on iPhone and Apple TV.

If you haven't played Steven Universe: Attack the Light, that's another great cross platform RPG on mobile

enjoying Legend of the Skyfish, a good mix of 2D Zelda, and the fishing mechanic from Pokemon. Cross platform on iOS, so I'm playing on iPhone and Apple TV.

Wow... could they have copied Wind Waker and A Link to the Past any more?

Wow... could they have copied Wind Waker and A Link to the Past any more?

lolz, even the music.

So this presentation was quite extraordinary. Haven't been that impressed by a video game demo in years. Looks amazing and I want to believe.. but I've been hurt before.

So this presentation was quite extraordinary. Haven't been that impressed by a video game demo in years. Looks amazing and I want to believe.. but I've been hurt before.

Pretty good timing considering the dust from No Man Sky's albatross landing still hasn't settled yet...

Guest bitroast

WOW WHAT? chivalry is on ps4?? the game is already awkward as fuck with mouse and keyboard but its a game i love to fire up and suck at anyway. 

may check the australian store and grab dark cloud 2. thanks for heads up. 

:: UNRELATED ::

Lqh0Nev.png

Edited by bitroast

Finally got around to launching NMS, but after the title appears it just an infinite space warp screen but nothing happens when I press anything. This is after the patch they just released too.

I wonder if I'm not doing something correctly, or HG needs to work on yet another patch. I'd hate to see my scratch go to waste.

Finally got around to launching NMS, but after the title appears it just an infinite space warp screen but nothing happens when I press anything. This is after the patch they just released too.

I wonder if I'm not doing something correctly, or HG needs to work on yet another patch. I'd hate to see my scratch go to waste.

You need to hold down the button on that white screen.

No white screen appears tho. I'm playing on PC. The title appears briefly on screen and then fades, and just gets that never-ending space travel screen. Still unresponsive when I hold any mouse or keyboard button.

EDIT: I was just impatient. Had to wait about three minutes for the white screen to appear. Looks like I started off on an extreme heat planet right off the bat. Have to head to work right now though, will play around with it more later. Cheers.

Edited by ambermonk

No white screen appears tho. I'm playing on PC. The title appears briefly on screen and then fades, and just gets that never-ending space travel screen. Still unresponsive when I hold any mouse or keyboard button.

EDIT: I was just impatient. Had to wait about three minutes for the white screen to appear. Looks like I started off on an extreme heat planet right off the bat. Have to head to work right now though, will play around with it more later. Cheers.

Nice! Yeah, the initial loading screen took quite a while for me too (on PS4 though). Now it's only around half a minute or so whenever I boot it up.

Pretty good timing considering the dust from No Man Sky's albatross landing still hasn't settled yet...

I'm wondering if the timing really was a reaction to the NMS thing - that preview definitely had lots of: '.....and this is how it really should've been done' moments !

I'm wondering if the timing really was a reaction to the NMS thing - that preview definitely had lots of: '.....and this is how it really should've been done' moments !

I'm sure they used NMS' launch and people's disappointment in that game as a springboard to show everyone that THEY'RE doing it right. Or at least they're saying they're doing it right.

They seem pretty open about their game, they make video diaries where they show off new features, and they even dare show pretty rough gameplay videos. So after what has just happened with NMS I bet these videos will have a new and calming effect on people who supported SC. But SC also kinda scares me. A game that huge which gets released in chunks and via minor updates seems so odd to me. I complete understand why this is but I don't think I'd be able to keep an interest in a game that I'm just constantly waiting for new updates for.