IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Agree with you both, but I can't help but be excited by the DLC.

I bet (just a guess on my part) the next big From Software game is going to be Demon's Souls remake. People still play that damn game!

i mean. i'd be fine with a demon's souls remake as i've never played anything in the series and would like to start from the beginning, but i'd rather the next big thing be a new armored core or tenchu. they're long over due.

playing through doom 3 bfg starting w/doom 1. i've never beaten it before (gasp!). i beat doom2 like 20 years ago when my friend loaned me his 7 floppies -_- 

i've never played doom 3 at all

gonna try and scoop doom 2016 on the way home from work for $20. fyi it's currently $20 on amazon for xbox1 and ps4. gamestop has ps4/xbox1/pc for $20 as well.

They probly uprezzed the PS3 or PC version, so the textures and polygons are still dated, but I'm gonna play the shit out of it anyway.

best resident evil game imo

How they fucked up 5 & 6 so hard I will never understand

They probly uprezzed the PS3 or PC version, so the textures and polygons are still dated, but I'm gonna play the shit out of it anyway.

https://youtu.be/hrVzRtmLAsc

best resident evil game imo

How they fucked up 5 & 6 so hard I will never understand

I was about to say that it was because Shenji Mikami wasn't involved but then I remembered The Evil Within.

5 was just an amped up version of 4 and it was way more Japanese than anything should ever be. It was fucking terrible and they reused so many animations from 4. I only played the demo for 6, but oh man...

From the original developers of Myst and Riven, Rand Miller and Robyn Miller as composer. Can't wait to play this.

Do they finally have a date for that?

I'll probably jump back into DS3 when the DLC comes out... A new Tenchu would be badass.

Tried the beta for Titanfall 2, pretty damn fun, I'll probably pick that up in Oct as well.

Also recently finished Until Dawn, definitely one of the better horror games I've played in a while, I need to go back and save everyone though... I had just about everyone alive until like  the very last scene where I guess I picked the wrong thing and killed like 3 of them all at once, I also missed a trigger and got Chris killed a little before that. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=57&v=2wCPOTK587o

From the original developers of Myst and Riven, Rand Miller and Robyn Miller as composer. Can't wait to play this.

Do they finally have a date for that?

I'll probably jump back into DS3 when the DLC comes out... A new Tenchu would be badass.

Tried the beta for Titanfall 2, pretty damn fun, I'll probably pick that up in Oct as well.

Also recently finished Until Dawn, definitely one of the better horror games I've played in a while, I need to go back and save everyone though... I had just about everyone alive until like the very last scene where I guess I picked the wrong thing and killed like 3 of them all at once, I also missed a trigger and got Chris killed a little before that.

As far as I know Obduction is already out?

Still move like a tank, and zombies just home in on your position... no thanks. RE has been surpassed by other zombie/survival horror games, IMO.

i actually had a good time playing 5 online coop with my best friend. i mean the atmosphere wasn't like re2 for sure but the game really wasn't that bad...

4 is fun yeah. guessing there's more or less been radio silence since they announced the remake of 2, yeah? that should be interesting

yeah i guess i meant specifically regarding the remake of 2. am i crazy or has all of the footage of re7 not been representative of how the actual game will play? the psn demo is basically akin to what pt was, right? or is it in fact going to be a first person game?

Guest bitroast

it's in fact going to be a first person game. they said the whole thing will be playable start to finish in VR ... 

i'm super skeptical on it tbh.. it looks like they may have jumped in and tried to fill a void left behind by PT ... and given the up and down quality of the series it's kind of hard to get too excited just yet.. we'll see. vaguely curious, as always. 

https://youtu.be/hrVzRtmLAsc

Still move like a tank, and zombies just home in on your position... no thanks. RE has been surpassed by other zombie/survival horror games, IMO.

Still a good game for its time... Even if the controls were super awkward

Is it just me or are a lot of older games more fun than the latest ones, in general? Lately it's felt like the gaming equivalent of updating your OS whenever the newest version of Windows comes out. Like Microsocks should've stopped at Windows 7 when it was pretty much optimized. After that was just new cosmetics without any improvement or innovation in functionality.

At least with Doom 4 this year it appeared that Id Software knew what players wanted, having drawn inspiration from the mod community. A GotY nomination wouldn't surprise me. But shame I can't seem to get motivated to continue either NMS or the new Deus Ex.

I'll boot up DOSBox from time to time and occasionally play whatever I have downloaded, namely this.

I'm probably overwhelmingly masochistic, though, as that game is unnecessarily hard in the way that "Battletoads" is, where instead of there being actual challenge involved you just keep dying at specific parts until you commit these traps to memory and can sequentially avoid them.

I'll boot up DOSBox from time to time and occasionally play whatever I have downloaded, namely this.

I'm probably overwhelmingly masochistic, though, as that game is unnecessarily hard in the way that "Battletoads" is, where instead of there being actual challenge involved you just keep dying at specific parts until you commit these traps to memory and can sequentially avoid them.

speaking of old dos games

sim city 

scorched earth

oregon trail

treasure mountain

come to mind. what else?