IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I've been thinking that the reason FO76 isn't available on steam and is Bethesda.net exclusive is so that they wouldn't be subject to refunds. Although I'm not certain whether refunds are an option on their proprietary service or not.

But who am I to judge. I haven't tried it yet. But I might later, who knows.

I'd wait. I think it might become a free-to-play game in the coming months considering how negative the reviews are coming in.

Yeah for sure. There's just too much drama surrounding it right now. I hear there are still plenty of bugs that need to get sanded out as well as framerate drop issues due to the servers, regardless of PC specs. I hope BGS can follow the example of Hello Games and learn how to improve this product according to the players' grievances. Otherwise this may prove to be their undoing.

STILL playing NMS. Version 1.75 update today. Two years ago I never imagined I'd even be touching this game again. Yet here I am, 150+ hours in.

Their commitment to updating this is admirable, were I not embroiled in RDR2 I'll jump back in but will do after.

Take your time. NMS won't be fading any time soon at this rate, and will only get better with age.

Edited by ambermonk

So I may have played around 8 hours of Red Dead Redemption last night. Playing that game in huge chunks is so much better than playing it one hour at a time. That game is so much fucking fun and the story, characters, acting, music, graphics, and missions are all god damn amazing.

played trough portal 2 during the weeked, just played trough it once before back i 2012.. man what a great game

also did all the completion marks with the new character in biding of isaac, that was hella fun.. anyone knows if there's a way to restart a single character from scratch? (i mean not having to restart the whole game from 0, just a sigle character) maybe a mod or somethig, i love binding of isaac but once u have done all completion marks on all characters it rlly loses steam.

i also downloaded tf2 after having uninstilled it twice in the last year cuz i was wasting too much time on it, but now that holidays are approaching it really scratches that fps itch i have..

Out Run on Switch releases Nov 29 (this week!) on the Japanese eshop. Other regions are '2019'. This will be the most comprehensive home conversion of Out Run ever, and short of the authenticity of playing on a full blown '86 deluxe cabinet, it surpasses it on paper with extra modes, music, etc. Can't wait!

:catbed:

"The Nintendo Switch SEGA Ages version will run in 60fps and support widescreen. The new songs added to the Nintendo 3DS version, ‘Cruising Line’ and ‘Camino a Mi Amor’, will be included as well. Furthermore, ‘Step on Beat’ from the Mega Drive version, ‘Radiation’ from Out Run 2 SP, and more will be included in a rearranged format that makes them sound like a track from the original game.

The game will support gyro controls that let you play the game in a manner similar to how the arcade game played. The tuning up feature from the 3DS version will be included in this version as well. You can customize cornering, engine, tire, and bumper parts to change your car’s specs."

or-sw02z5ik9.jpg

or-sw03h8i0r.jpg

Out Run on Switch releases Nov 29 (this week!) on the Japanese eshop. Other regions are '2019'. This will be the most comprehensive home conversion of Out Run ever, and short of the authenticity of playing on a full blown '86 deluxe cabinet, it surpasses it on paper with extra modes, music, etc. Can't wait!

:catbed:

https://twitter.com/SEGA_OFFICIAL/status/1066868660126380033

"The Nintendo Switch SEGA Ages version will run in 60fps and support widescreen. The new songs added to the Nintendo 3DS version, ‘Cruising Line’ and ‘Camino a Mi Amor’, will be included as well. Furthermore, ‘Step on Beat’ from the Mega Drive version, ‘Radiation’ from Out Run 2 SP, and more will be included in a rearranged format that makes them sound like a track from the original game.

The game will support gyro controls that let you play the game in a manner similar to how the arcade game played. The tuning up feature from the 3DS version will be included in this version as well. You can customize cornering, engine, tire, and bumper parts to change your car’s specs."

or-sw02z5ik9.jpg

or-sw03h8i0r.jpg

Looking forward to Horizon Chase Turbo, which looks like equal parts Outrun / Ridge Racer, with that retro design aesthetic:

Looking forward to Horizon Chase Turbo, which looks like equal parts Outrun / Ridge Racer, with that retro design aesthetic:

That one reminds me of Top Gear (SNES) or Lotus Espirit (Amiga). I must have missed that it was coming to Switch, looks like it's out soon as well. Good time for old skool arcade racers!

Sueing video game companies is the best. Remember Jack Thompson?

Oh man, I had forgotten about him. I wonder what he's up to these days.

If you're on the fence with fallout76, I still wouldn't buy it.  But it seems the dev team has finally extended an olive branch, and if this weekly update and communication becomes the norm, the game might be worth it to a fallout fan in the coming months. 

Because for all the bugs, server crashes, and old engine/gfx, I still find myself itching to get back into this bethesda West-Virgina.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo76/comments/a0veqq/communication_moving_forward/

i did quite enjoy the atmosphere of the 3 and later fallout games, but i had to fight through the astonishingly unsatisfying combat to get there. i didnt even finish fallout 4, got to the supermutant in the glowing sea and just forgot to go back. 

^ re combat, one of the things I enjoyed the most in 3 and NV was using frag grenades in VATS. I still clearly remember the first time I did this, I was exploring some building and came across raiders, and they chased me through a loading-screen doorway and as one came through I chucked a grenade in VATS and watched as it blew his legs off in slow motion. it was amazing. must be the latent jihadist in me (go away, ASIO).

I was really disappointed at not being able to do that in 4, they just took it out for no apparent reason.

Fallout 3 is a memorable experience overall. Exploring creepy locale like Vault 106 and the Dunwich Building, acquiring unique weapons like the Xuanlong AR and Lincoln's Repeater, and just scouring the DC ruins and traversing seemingly endless subway tunnels...it had a lot going for it. And it felt colorful and imaginative. The main story was kind of simplistic but overall it made sense.

Fallout 4 was decent but perhaps too ambitious from a technical standpoint. It had improved combat from previous games but the story felt flat and uninteresting and the settlement management crap for the Minutemen got rather annoying. It was still satisfying though just to roam around and wipe out raider and Gunner camps along the way.

And Fallout: New Vegas is a crowning achievement in game writing. All the NPCs had their own background story and engaged in realistic dialogue, and all of the DLCs tied into the main plot - they were more than just bonus material being arbitrarily shoehorned. The gameplay was reflective of developers who are experienced in making RPGs, and decades-long pop culture easter eggs are scattered throughout. In short, it's a masterpiece, and ought to be in the hall of fame of video game history.

And Fallout 76 I haven't played, but lol. If Bethesda ever make an effort to improve the game like Hello Games did with NMS since launch, then I might give it a go. But things aren't looking good for either the game or the company right now.