IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

agree with Turb. despite the nostalgic nerdism around fallout 1 and 2, it was actually new vegas that was the best in series. it was vast and very well written all around. the quests, the locations, the nps, the setting and the atmosphere...all great, that is about after a year of patching or so, because i remember it being buggy as hell at the beginning.

^ re combat, one of the things I enjoyed the most in 3 and NV was using frag grenades in VATS. I still clearly remember the first time I did this, I was exploring some building and came across raiders, and they chased me through a loading-screen doorway and as one came through I chucked a grenade in VATS and watched as it blew his legs off in slow motion. it was amazing. must be the latent jihadist in me (go away, ASIO).

I was really disappointed at not being able to do that in 4, they just took it out for no apparent reason.

It's 'cause they made the game multiplayer only - there isn't really a way to "slow down time" for just you and have it work with an online setup. Same problem that, incidentally, was a challenge for this game (one of my faves - wish they would make it back compat on Xbone): 

220px-Darksector.jpg

Edited by T3551ER

^ re combat, one of the things I enjoyed the most in 3 and NV was using frag grenades in VATS. I still clearly remember the first time I did this, I was exploring some building and came across raiders, and they chased me through a loading-screen doorway and as one came through I chucked a grenade in VATS and watched as it blew his legs off in slow motion. it was amazing. must be the latent jihadist in me (go away, ASIO).

I was really disappointed at not being able to do that in 4, they just took it out for no apparent reason.

It's 'cause they made the game multiplayer only - there isn't really a way to "slow down time" for just you and have it work with an online setup. Same problem that, incidentally, was a challenge for this game (one of my faves - wish they would make it back compat on Xbone): 

220px-Darksector.jpg

Some games make "slow mo bubbles" so anyone who's inside that bubble experiences the slow mo as well. I think they did that for the Max Payne 3 multiplayer mode as well.

220px-Darksector.jpg

Some games make "slow mo bubbles" so anyone who's inside that bubble experiences the slow mo as well. I think they did that for the Max Payne 3 multiplayer mode as well.

innnnnteresting. Had no idea, very cool. Did some light googling and found a video on MP3 where they discuss how this works (edit, for MP3 looks like they use line of sight as the "bubble" to select who is/isn't in slow-mo mode):

Edited by T3551ER

220px-Darksector.jpg

? I was talking about FO4 though.

220px-Darksector.jpg

? I was talking about FO4 though.

Yeah, a bit of a jump there, sry. So, if I understand it correctly, they took out the V.A.T.S. system (or, I guess, severely muddled it) so you can no longer "slo-mo" target and, say, have a leg blown off in slow motion. The rationale given is that, if you are playing only online, there isn't an easy way for, say, YOU go in to V.A.T.S. and it correctly work with the person you are targeting . . . because they aren't NPC's. Reminded me of a similar issue in Dark Sector (u can't use the glaive slo-mo online) which is why I mentioned it. 

ors1vofoe.png

ors2hxcqi.png

Greatest home conversion of Out Run ever, thx Switch-kun :wub:

Is there much difference from the 3D version on 3DS?

The wizards at M2 coded in some fancy widescreen options. Additional music from other Out Runs that weren't in the 3DS version. 60FPS. Pocket change for as close as it gets to arcade perfect.

ors1vofoe.png

ors2hxcqi.png

Greatest home conversion of Out Run ever, thx Switch-kun :wub:

Is there much difference from the 3D version on 3DS?
The wizards at M2 coded in some fancy widescreen options. Additional music from other Out Runs that weren't in the 3DS version. 60FPS. Pocket change for as close as it gets to arcade perfect.
Cool. Horizon Chase Turbo turned out pretty good as well, I've played enough Out Run & have the 3DS ver, so a fresh take on 80s arcade racing was welcome. Next up is R-Type Dimensions EX, after another bowl.

lel at this nylon bag shit with Bethesda. actually don't know who to laugh at more, the idiots who spent 200 USD on it, the idiots screeching about how it's the end of Bethesda, or Bethesda.

lel at this nylon bag shit with Bethesda. actually don't know who to laugh at more, the idiots who spent 200 USD on it, the idiots screeching about how it's the end of Bethesda, or Bethesda.

it's obviously a shitty fuck up and the $5 in-game compensation was a cup of piss in the face but man, who the hell thought FO76 was going to be good enough to drop $200 on??

Opportunity arose to obtain an Analogue Super NT, so...

dsc00001sfiyo.jpg

dsc00019pjfs0.jpg

dsc00063h8c86.jpg

dsc00038xtd6v.jpg

This is some seriously boutique hardware. I've never seen SNES games look so crisp and sound so good. Tons of visual/scaling options. Plays all regions. Heck, it even supports the Super GameBoy cart and all native hardware (controllers, arcade sticks... SNES mouse, lol). And a randomised boot sequence with audio by Squarepusher? Sure, why not.

Analogue are putting out a Megadrive equivalent next year. Thankfully for my wallet, I don't have quite the nostalgic affection for that era of Sega that I have for the SNES....