IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Of course Analogue goes and drops a new variant days after mine turns up (not that fussed, looks a bit prototype)

Analogue Editions: Ghostly x Analogue 
- A collaboration with Ghostly International]
- Limited to 1000 units @ $249.99 each
- Each limited edition set includes a matching white SN30 and Retro Receiver in a limited edition box

hero-bg.png?s=87f6b169c0e2d86fafba52851d

audio-bg.jpg?s=2803a6884db71eba3e4546747

Featuring seven exclusive boot start up sonics composed by renowned Ghostly International artists installed on each console:

- Christopher Willits 
- Gold Panda 
- Mary Lattimore 
- Ouri 
- Shigeto 
- Tadd Mullinix 
- Telefon Tel Aviv 

Bespoke Bootup Sequences by Phil Fish

ghostly-bootup-large.gif

I think the guy quit video games over some sort of gamer rage backlash?

Oh, nevermind.

No wait I was right

Edited by Gocab

yeeyee. knew about all that. but jason's analogue nt posts about his boot sequences is the first time i've heard anything from him in years. maybe he'll come around.

I believe he was involved with SuperHyperCube as part of Kokoromi/Polytron

I hope so, fez is brilliant.

Shit I still haven't played that^ or Rez in vr. I really should get on it

Edited by Gocab

In case you haven't, you should watch Indie Game The Movie. It paints a pretty intense portrait of him. He's a man who knows what he's doing and knows what he wants. I would love another Fez, but I also love the fact that Fez is the "only" (not counting SUPERHYPERCUBE) look inside his wonderful and complicated brain. I still have all my original post-it notes I made from back when the game came out. It looks like a mad man's/psychopath's notes.

The GBA Consolizer can output its handheld games to an HDTV in crisp 720p, with several filters and picture emulators, besting the picture quality of the GameBoy Player, and most other retro adapters. Currently, it only supports the 40 pin connector, but they are working on compatability for the 30 pin model GBAs. Check YouTube for some demonstration videos.

https://www.game-tech.us/product/woozles-gba-consolizer-kit-40-pin/

IMG-2176.jpg

I'm still playing SMTIV Apocalypse since I never really did anything with it when it first came out. Awesome game.

Also playing Nier: Automata, and just got Mega Man 11 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. I will be trying these two out this weekend.

I just got done getting all the achievements (minus the Special Event ones since they don't seem to have special events anymore...) in Deus Ex Go. I thought it was a great game, and having somewhat of a story added to it all was just icing on the cake.

And now I want to go back and replay Deus Ex: The Fall. So I'll probably be playing that for the next couple days.

I also replayed Transistor recently. Bastion is badass, but Transistor totally grabbed me in a way Bastion did not. I still have to check out Pyre. Supergiant Games is one hell of a development studio.

Oh! And I just reinstalled Final Fantasy Tactics: War Of The Lions onto my phone. Haven't played it since it was updated from the 3.5 inch screen sizes, so I'm pretty psyched to dive into it again. It's easily in my top 3 favorite games ever.

I play FFT on my phone as well - when you include the PS1 version as well, this is the game I've played the most hours on in my life.
=D

Even though Metroid II is my favorite game ever, I would have to say I've probably dumped more time into FFT than any other game as well. It's... Indescribably amazing once you wrap your head around it. And after reading loads of different walk-throughs/tips & hints pages, I still have quite a lot that I can experiment with. There's so many jobs you can combine with other class skills that... It's basically infinite when it comes to building a team.

The only other game that has ever come close for me is Dark Gate (developed by Hit-Point, published by Kemco)... And even that is severely lacking in comparison. Especially when it comes to the story and dialogue.

15 years after first playing on a PS1, then getting the PSP version... Then the iOS build... I still don't feel like I've discovered more than half the game.

=X

I'll check Dark Gate, thanks!

Of course Analogue goes and drops a new variant days after mine turns up (not that fussed, looks a bit prototype)

- Each limited edition set includes a matching white SN30 and Retro Receiver in a limited edition box

Featuring seven exclusive boot start up sonics composed by renowned Ghostly International artists installed on each console:

- Christopher Willits 
- Gold Panda 
- Mary Lattimore 
- Ouri 
- Shigeto 
- Tadd Mullinix 
- Telefon Tel Aviv 

ghostly-bootup-large.gif

Did any of you get the last one with the Squarepusher bootup?

This mod for Deus Ex.

just began the Vandenberg AF base mission. This mod is a wholesome gift to an old hardcore fan of Deus Ex like me. The AI is noticeably better, bugs are gone, levels have more life to them, new sounds, weapons now really feel as they should, augmentations and skills revamped, and much, much, much better. Some dialogues are a bit different, more meaningful, fixed voice intonations, etc. So if you ever wondered how to make a perfect game more perfect, play this mod. It's a joy. This was made with love and I appreciate it.

This mod for Deus Ex.

just began the Vandenberg AF base mission. This mod is a wholesome gift to an old hardcore fan of Deus Ex like me. The AI is noticeably better, bugs are gone, levels have more life to them, new sounds, weapons now really feel as they should, augmentations and skills revamped, and much, much, much better. Some dialogues are a bit different, more meaningful, fixed voice intonations, etc. So if you ever wondered how to make a perfect game more perfect, play this mod. It's a joy. This was made with love and I appreciate it.

I still need to try getting into the original Deus Ex — I have tried twice now, and I still can't really get past the first mission. Not because of any lack of ability, it's just...the graphics mayne :(

- Christopher Willits 
- Gold Panda 
- Mary Lattimore 
- Ouri 
- Shigeto 
- Tadd Mullinix 
- Telefon Tel Aviv 

ghostly-bootup-large.gif

Boo for no Tycho boot up sounds

I still need to try getting into the original Deus Ex — I have tried twice now, and I still can't really get past the first mission. Not because of any lack of ability, it's just...the graphics mayne :(

yeah graphics and animations are clunky af, but there is a certain charm...or maybe i'm just biased from the day i first started to appreciate DE. I mean I'm more than willing to look the other way, considering how everything else just falls into place. I've seen one too many games with nice graphics and... yeah, just nice graphics...

not playing any DE mod unless it adds more electronic old men.

that's your take on the graphics? electronic old men?

Edited by Godwin Austen

yeah graphics and animations are clunky af, but there is a certain charm...or maybe i'm just biased from the day i first started to appreciate DE. I mean I'm more than willing to look the other way, considering how everything else just falls into place. I've seen one too many games with nice graphics and... yeah, just nice graphics...

not playing any DE mod unless it adds more electronic old men.

that's your take on the graphics? electronic old men?

I think it's just the nostalgia thing. I grew up with DOOM,, and Duke Nukem 3D, and Half-Life, and Quake. And I fucking love those games to bits. But I realise that, especially with Half-Life, if you're a young gamer and you didn't experience the game when it was released and you're looking back at it, it is kinda clunky.

I just think Deus Ex flew right past my radar at the time (and I don't think I was able to run the game with any degree of speed back in the day). I'll try again sometime, because I really loved the recent games. It'd be nice to fill in some of the storyline gaps. But for now, I'm content with being clued up enough on the lore from the modern games (I know there's not LOADS of references to the original game, but there's enough in the new ones to get a feel for it).

I've only played the demo of Deus Ex, and remember getting very confused that despite running on the Unreal engine it wasn't a first person shooter. And died lots and got annoyed (Did the same with Strife that used the Doom engine).

Teenage me was a bloody idiot, need to give it another try soon.

brought Transistor today because I'm getting bored of Red Dead and it was only a few quid. i've beaten the first boss but i'm not really into it. does it get better?