IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Been playing so much Skyrim recently I always forget how good it is.

Also, does anyone here have any cool physicals that came with any games you've bought? I particularly love it when open world games come with maps (I have maps for GTA 4, GTA 5, MGS5, Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption 1).

• Like 1

Tetris is the greatest video game ever made, fight me!... actually don't, there is too much fighting in the world at the moment.
I will say also though, a Russian was the first in space, so why are they so bother with Ukraine? they should be treating their youth to one day build space rocket and programme and then go to exoplanet, and one day there will be..... the Great Planet Ruski
So, Russia pls

On 9/27/2023 at 1:44 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The Switch OLED is a great unit, but it is significantly heavier than the OG version, it has the better battery, and a superior kickstand for tabletop play, plus integrated LAN.

On 9/27/2023 at 12:55 PM, Stock said:

If you like mystery and puzzles, you can play both Switch episodes of Zelda. They are both amazing games regardless of the genre.

There are good point and clicks as well (a port of Myst, the latest Monkey Island, every Deponia games, haven't tried them all).

You can also go to the Nintendo website and sort the games by genres. Cheers ! (also, get a switch)

I got the Switch Oled, it is a very beautiful system. I got it for only 230€ with big case and stuff. 
This thing Im gonna be playing with for some years, I don't care if they release Switch 2 tomorrow. 

Recommend me some games please!

So far: 

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy 
Quake Remastered 
Quake II Remastered

20230930_150333.thumb.jpg.21c9d454576899397026c3676b6eea5b.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cern said:

I got the Switch Oled, it is a very beautiful system. I got it for only 230€ with big case and stuff. 
This thing Im gonna be playing with for some years, I don't care if they release Switch 2 tomorrow. 

Recommend me some games please!

So far: 

Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy 
Quake Remastered 
Quake II Remastered

20230930_150333.thumb.jpg.21c9d454576899397026c3676b6eea5b.jpg

what genres are you looking to play?

• Like 1

Zelda Tears of the Kingdom is the best game on Switch. You need some hours to get into it but once you got it will suck you in and never let go.

Celeste, Broforce, Ori, Mario Odyssey, Mario 3D World, Zelda Links Awakening, Super Mario Bros Deluxe, Diablo 3. Mario Kart 8, Zelda Breath of the Wild (but you dont need to play this if you have TOTK)  Meteroid Dread, Meteroid Prime , Portal I & II, Cuphead, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2, Doom Eternal, Return to Monkey Island, Katana Zero, Factorio, Hyper Light Drifter, Owlboy, 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

Thanks alot!

I like mostly everything but no sports game except for some Racing games maybe. 
I love Super Mario 64 but hate that I have to pay a subscription plan for playing that only?? My god not cool Nintendo!

There is so many Mario games.. Which one is the most like the Mario 64? 

Everything is very nice so far.. The internal speaker is pretty weak but with Headphones it's good. 
I will check out the Nintendo Store also. 

1 hour ago, cern said:

Thanks alot!

I love Super Mario 64 but hate that I have to pay a subscription plan for playing that only?? My god not cool Nintendo!

Everything is very nice so far.. The internal speaker is pretty weak but with Headphones it's good. 

Well you can try to grab a copy of Mario 3D all stars if you really want a fix of Mario 64 on Switch (physical copies only !). I personally really enjoyed Mario Odyssey !

The portability of the Switch also makes it an awesome platform to play JRPGs if you like the genre. Don't sleep on Xenobladea chronicles !

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cern said:

Thanks alot!

Don’t pay that $50/year, unless you really want a few more N64 games, and Genesis. (The $20 plan will usually suffice) The good 3D Mario Games are all on here. Make sure you download all of the Switch Online classic systems: NES, SNES, and Gameboy, also grab Tetris 99 and F-Zero 99. There are a lot of free-to-play games, usually online shooters and racers. Also grab a bunch of demos, to see what else you like. PM if you want to add Switch friends, I play a lot of Splatoon and Mario Kart 8. (EST)

IMG_4405.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 9/27/2023 at 4:19 PM, milkface said:

Been playing so much Skyrim recently I always forget how good it is.

Also, does anyone here have any cool physicals that came with any games you've bought? I particularly love it when open world games come with maps (I have maps for GTA 4, GTA 5, MGS5, Skyrim and Red Dead Redemption 1).

I really should buy it for the switch sometime. I played it so long ago that I more or less completely forgot what it is about 

4 hours ago, cern said:

Thanks alot!

Mario odyssey is the best 3D Mario but Mario 3D world is great as well. I didn’t play Mario 64 a lot but they seem to be quite similar 

• Like 1

Wow thanks alot! Im only looking for the Super Mario 64 one so this 3D All Stars sure solve the problem!

So good! The Switch Online Classic System alright but can I transfer my own ROM's there? I would love to play some Super Metroid Hacks. 
I thought the Emulators was that Subscription plan.. Sad it seems you need to be online to play it? Therefor harder to play when you are on the go! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cern said:

Wow thanks alot! Im only looking for the Super Mario 64 one so this 3D All Stars sure solve the problem!

So good! The Switch Online Classic System alright but can I transfer my own ROM's there? I would love to play some Super Metroid Hacks. 
I thought the Emulators was that Subscription plan.. Sad it seems you need to be online to play it? Therefor harder to play when you are on the go! 

You can import ROMs but only if your switch is hacked unfortunately

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cern said:

good! The Switch Online Classic System alright but can I transfer my own ROM's there? I would love to play some Super Metroid Hacks. 

Sadly it’s not possible to use your own Roms which is one of the biggest weaknesses 

1 minute ago, chronical said:

Yeah and it has to be a pretty old version right? The oled is not jailbreakable as far as I know 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

also you do not need to be online all the time to play the old roms they provide. I do not know how often they check but once downloaded it’s not asking for a connection all the time 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chronical said:

Don’t you also need a launch model to hack it? I sold my launch Switch for that reason, and got the full MSRP for it, 5 years later.

8 minutes ago, cern said:

You can play classic games offline  for 7 days I believe, but I would not buy those classic controllers, get a Pro Controller, it’s great.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chronical said:

Oh well then I just order a control for the Raspberry Pi so I can do it with RetroPie instead 
They are super cheap here in Asia like 3$ for a controller. 

I think I will buy a controller for the Switch later because I maybe mostly gonna be using the handheld mode. 

What is up with Earthbound? I see commercial on Youtube about Earthbound port for the Switch but can not find it on Nintendo Store? 

19 minutes ago, o00o said:

Yeah and it has to be a pretty old version right? The oled is not jailbreakable as far as I know 

13 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Don’t you also need a launch model to hack it? I sold my launch Switch for that reason, and got the full MSRP for it, 5 years later.

No, as far as I know there's a modchip that supports the OLED model. Which is quite a bit of fiddly work modifying your hardware but it is possible that way. The much easier way is supported only on the first few batches of OG switches yes, where you just need to bridge two pins on the switch's right side joystick connection to force the device into an exploitable state. I was lucky with mine, was the last run before they patched it, you can check here with the serial code on the bottom of your device: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Honestly having a hacked switch is the coolest thing ever. Really great PS1 emulation with duckstation, really good DS emulation with working touchscreen controls (I prefer the Korg DS apps compared to the Switch Korg thing) and loads of other neat things.. Spent ages modding characters into smash bros, setting up custom stages and music.. And check this out :lol: https://github.com/retronx-team/MilkyTrackerNX

1 minute ago, cern said:

What is up with Earthbound? I see commercial on Youtube about Earthbound port for the Switch but can not find it on Nintendo Store? 

I think it's not a native port, should be in the SNES emulator

Edited by chronical
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, chronical said:

No, as far as I know there's a modchip that supports the OLED model. Which is quite a bit of fiddly work modifying your hardware but it is possible that way. The much easier way is supported only on the first few batches of OG switches yes, where you just need to bridge two pins on the switch's right side joystick connection to force the device into an exploitable state. I was lucky with mine, was the last run before they patched it, you can check here with the serial code on the bottom of your device: https://ismyswitchpatched.com/

Honestly having a hacked switch is the coolest thing ever. Really great PS1 emulation with duckstation, really good DS emulation with working touchscreen controls (I prefer the Korg DS apps compared to the Switch Korg thing) and loads of other neat things.. Spent ages modding characters into smash bros, setting up custom stages and music.. And check this out :lol: https://github.com/retronx-team/MilkyTrackerNX

I think it's not a native port, should be in the SNES emulator

Yes, it’s in the SNES emulator, I believe Earthbound Zero is also in the NES emulator, but it’s not as good.

Thanks alot guys!

Im gonna be setting up a Nintendo E-shop thing. 

Why is not Nintendo doing a proper Wario game? I played Wario Land 1-4 on Gameboy so much
Wario Land 4 is still consider to be one of the best game ever made for Gameboy Advance. 
I checked up Wario on Nintendo Switch and it is a silly mini games for children 🙁

I see now they have Tony Hawk 1-2 my god so happy! 😃

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cern said:

Thanks alot guys!

Im gonna be setting up a Nintendo E-shop thing. 

Why is not Nintendo doing a proper Wario game? I played Wario Land 1-4 on Gameboy so much
Wario Land 4 is still consider to be one of the best game ever made for Gameboy Advance. 
I checked up Wario on Nintendo Switch and it is a silly mini games for children 🙁

I see now they have Tony Hawk 1-2 my god so happy! 😃

There are some of the old Wario games in the emulator section 

• Like 1

But did I get this wrong now or what? 

Do I need a subscription plan for playing games on the SNES and GB-GBA Emulators? 

Or was it just the N64? Im so lucky I only wanted to play Mario 64 from N64.
Metroid Fusion and some Wario-Donkey Kong games could be fun to play on the Emulators 

42 minutes ago, cern said:

But did I get this wrong now or what? 

Do I need a subscription plan for playing games on the SNES and GB-GBA Emulators? 

Or was it just the N64? Im so lucky I only wanted to play Mario 64 from N64.
Metroid Fusion and some Wario-Donkey Kong games could be fun to play on the Emulators 

$20 gets you online play, NES, SNES, Gameboy and the 99 multiplayer games. The $50 plan adds N64, Genesis and GBA, plus the DLC for Mario Kart 8, Splatoon 2 and Animal Crossing.

• Like 1

Okidoki.. 

I made my decision to not to go for it.. I think it is little bit too nasty by Nintendo.  If It was a one time fee then ok but I hate subscription plans. 
I have ordered a SNES controller for the PI there I can run all these Emulators for free and even transfer hacked ROM's. 

I will only play Switch games on Switch and that is the main thing! 
Donkey Kong:Tropical Freeze also looks very nice! 

10 minutes ago, cern said:

By the way: Anyone that had drift problems with the Joy-con on the Nintendo Switch? 

Hope I will not encounter it but maybe there is a easy fix

Sadly yeah, I experienced drift roughly 3 years after buying the switch (and 3 years after buying new joy-cons). But it was a time when I was heavily playing the Switch, and especially games where the joysticks were heavily used (Super Meat Boy, stuff like that)

There is a workaround, online markets like Amazon sell joycon repair kits which are very cheap and are more than enough to fix the drift (my replacement stopped working after 8 months tho lol).

• Like 1