IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 8/26/2023 at 4:22 PM, Squee said:

14 minutes of Alan Wake 2 gameplay.

Found a new link

Remedy have always had a knack for authentic and detailed environments. Years before every game out there still had problems with cartoonish scaling, they already nailed that bit in Max Payne (especially the second) and now they're really outdoing themselves. I just started Quantum Break and even though it's last-gen it still looks terrific. 

20 hours ago, Squee said:

Seen the trailer? Made me unexcited for it.

To be fair it's pre-alpha footage. Nightdive haven't let me down so far, especially after they finally dropped the System Shock remake three months ago. If they can successfully implement free look/aim, that'll already be one major hurdle cleared over the original, which currently feels like operating a forklift just to look up or down. (Granted this was back in 1995, and the Jedi engine was actually a reverse-engineered classic Doom engine, but still.)

I cannot contain my hype for Starfield :nacmat: 3 more sleeps. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas. Space exploring bounty hunter figuring out the mysteries of the universe with a robot pal going "Hello, Commander Gabriel" while I sit on my homebase on a beautiful planet lighting up a J watching the sun set.. Hopefully my 3070Ti will allow ultra textures with its measly 8 gigs of VRAM.. Fuck yeah baby it's space truckin' time

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ambermonk said:

To be fair it's pre-alpha footage. Nightdive haven't let me down so far, especially after they finally dropped the System Shock remake three months ago. If they can successfully implement free look/aim, that'll already be one major hurdle cleared over the original, which currently feels like operating a forklift just to look up or down. (Granted this was back in 1995, and the Jedi engine was actually a reverse-engineered classic Doom engine, but still.)

But those cutscenes, man... uhf...
The original ones look better, haha.

20 hours ago, chronical said:

I cannot contain my hype for Starfield :nacmat: 3 more sleeps. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas. Space exploring bounty hunter figuring out the mysteries of the universe with a robot pal going "Hello, Commander Gabriel" while I sit on my homebase on a beautiful planet lighting up a J watching the sun set.. Hopefully my 3070Ti will allow ultra textures with its measly 8 gigs of VRAM.. Fuck yeah baby it's space truckin' time

Hell yeah. I already pre-ordered. But faced with a dilemma - whether to pay an extra $30 for early access so I can play over my four-day weekend, or just wait one more week for official launch...

14 hours ago, Squee said:

But those cutscenes, man... uhf...
The original ones look better, haha.

True, true.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ambermonk said:

Hell yeah. I already pre-ordered. But faced with a dilemma - whether to pay an extra $30 for early access so I can play over my four-day weekend, or just wait one more week for official launch...

I'd probably spend the next week getting spoiled because I'm so into this so I preordered the deluxe edition. Comes with the first DLC prepurchased already too but at the end of the day it is a predatory way of exploiting people like me. I'm not too bothered by it though, it's a BGS game, I've spent hundreds of hours in Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout combined, so at least the money is going towards a studio I don't mind giving some more coins to in advance.
I'm going completely offline for the next few days, gonna head for Burger King on Friday for the first time in years, grab some M&Ms and some healthy alternatives on the way home and basically simulate a sensory deprivation tank in my room for the weekend :gamer:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

interesting to me these starfield ingame trailers look kind of boring and generic but I am open to be surprised. I am always a bit cautious if the sandbox is too large.

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 1:28 AM, o00o said:

interesting to me these starfield ingame trailers look kind of boring and generic but I am open to be surprised. I am always a bit cautious if the sandbox is too large.

From what I hear it's about what fans of previous BGS titles (i.e. TES & Fallout) would expect - pretty much the same combat style, as well as exploration & loot mechanics. But supposedly fast-travelling between planets involves cutscenes, unlike the seamless entry & exit of planetary atmospheres from No Man's Sky. Supposedly inventory management can be a pain, too. But if we enjoyed FO4, then we should also enjoy Starfield.

That's about all I know though. I guess I could have upgraded to premium edition for early access or whatever, but I don't think it's worth the extra money when we could just wait literally a couple of more days til official launch. Besides, I'm nearing the end of my current Fallout: New Vegas run.

9 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

anyone interested in this thing?

Nope!

The product makes no sense when you compare it to Xbox’s cloud service that just streams to your phone. 

• Like 1

vZEm8tQ.gif.9853e774ee6f12250b0716cd172e521c.gif

^me dodging everything Starfield-related for a week

BGS titles are what they are and I've enjoyed pretty much all of them, especially when coming in blind. Sucks not being able to play until Friday but then I'll lock myself in for three days and give it a good go. 

• Haha 1

Played Baldurs Gate 3 for 2-3h and really enjoyed to witty dialogue even between characters if you click on them randomly. Did not see any of the sex scenes yet but I was still busy fighting weird tentacles and other monsters

• Like 1

On 9/3/2023 at 3:36 PM, Berk said:

Sucks that it's not available on ps5 😞

Seriously? Is it Microsoft exclusive? Too bad, wanted to give it a go on the ps5 (first time I was a bit hyped by a Bethesda game). Will probably go get Armored Core then !

Replaying 'Return of the Obra Dinn'.

I played it some years ago but I didn't really appreciate it.

After seeing it praised repeated lately I decided to give it an honest shot (kinda just looked up how to finish it the first time). Luckily I've forgotten most of it by now.

• Like 2

Ages ago, I was addicted to Dead By Daylight for iPhone and it consumed my life. I eventually deleted it to try to regain a healthy routine. Recently, however, I reinstalled it because I feel like I’ve run out of good horror movies to watch and it scratches the itch. 
I already feel it starting to ruin my life again and I’ve only had it reinstalled for a couple days :rdjgrin:

Side note: I changed my screen name from GlennDanzig to MAGAisAcult and I am pretty sure I’ve been reported multiple times (likely by right gamers), which I honestly didn’t expect. Now I’m a bit fraught as to whether I should keep the name and deal with the consequences or switch it back to a perfectly rad name. Only thing is that you are allowed change your screen name only once every week so I’m stuck with getting booted from the waiting room at the start for another 5 days. It’s rough because the game takes upwards of 5 long minutes to join already and 5 minutes is an eternity when you’re a parent. 
Btw, MAGA is a cult. 

• Like 3

I have been trying the "MyHouse.wad" Doom 2 mod this afternoon and what a ride, it was really mind-bending.

I don't want to spoil too much, there are plenty of videos online that really go in-depth on the game, its mechanisms etc. but if you enjoy Doom 2 or want an obscure, slightly horrific experience full of lore and set in some kind of alternate 90's reality, definitely give it a go!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stock said:

I have been trying the "MyHouse.wad" Doom 2 mod this afternoon and what a ride, it was really mind-bending.

I don't want to spoil too much, there are plenty of videos online that really go in-depth on the game, its mechanisms etc. but if you enjoy Doom 2 or want an obscure, slightly horrific experience full of lore and set in some kind of alternate 90's reality, definitely give it a go!

I've seen the videos, did you get all the endings?

Just started Starfield. 4 hours in so far.

Was worried at first whether my PC would run it at all. Not only did it run, but performance surpassed my expectations.

As for gameplay, it's about what you'd expect from a Bethesda title. But in this case I mean it in a good way.

• Like 1

I rarely play video games these days but I usually always have some Stalker installed. Currently, it's Road To The North. It's a good mod! Might go for an hour or two this Sunday. I played Anomaly a lot during the first lockdown, but for me, freeplay Stalker is only fun until you are all geared up, at which point there isn't anything else to do really. I noticed that the biggest rush Anomaly ever gave me was when I got all the parts and tools for fixing up some good but broken rifle I had stashed away some in-game weeks earlier. But I always preferred story mods like OGSR. RTTN comes with an all-new storyline and has pretty good tasks. Can only recommend this mod if you want an expanded story mod for Stalker.

Yes, I used to play Stalker religiously.

• Like 1