IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Have my eyes on 3 games for the Switch that looks really funny, I will check them out when Im done with Metroid Dread (Wholy shit what a difficult game) 

Master Detective Archives: Rain Code

Dredge

Dave The Diver

Anyone have tried them out? Opinions? Cheers 

On 11/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, cern said:

Dredge

Dave The Diver

They all look interesting I think I am going to buy these 2 myself. Haven’t played them but the reviews are mostly positive 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, o00o said:

They all look interesting I think I am going to buy these 2 myself. Haven’t played them but the reviews are mostly positive 

Im looking at World Of Horror game also.. Really weird gameplay. I like puzzle solving and point and click games. 
It seems that Indie-game designers enjoying the Lovecraft-style of games. I like that better than the normal Kill Zombies games. 

I will go for those games later, Im still going with Metroid Dread.. So crazy difficult game but Im enjoying it alot! 

On 10/20/2023 at 11:02 PM, milkface said:

Many people online seem adamant that GTA VI will be announced on the 24th or 26th of this month. Would be great if they were right.

They were a few weeks early. GTA VI trailer coming early December:

(Check the whole thread to see the announcement from Sam Houser)

22 hours ago, milkface said:

They were a few weeks early. GTA VI trailer coming early December:

(Check the whole thread to see the announcement from Sam Houser)

I've seen the leaked footage of this, and if Rockstar kept with the same vision (If you know what I'm talking about, the leaked footage was of the game a couple years ago), then I'm just happy they actually went with the "Project Americas" angle. That is exactly where GTA needs to go now. Give us new experiences, "boarder patrol", "air safety and travel", "male/female perspectives" etc. I've been a fan of GTA since the Playstation 1 port of GTA 1. Each entry added something new.

So....... pls Rockstar, for the love of everything, DO. NOT. REBOOT. GTA!. Or call this "GTA Online 2".... NO!... This better be called "Grand Theft Auto 6" or "VI".... whatever. Its an insult to the past. Doom... urgh.... (2016)... there is already a Doom! In 1993! Why didn't you call it "DOOM IV"!!!? It was a fun game, but that makes me mad seriously. STOP REBOOTING THINGS!....

But yeah looking forward to the trailer, whenever it drops 🙂

23 hours ago, LooseLink said:

So....... pls Rockstar, for the love of everything, DO. NOT. REBOOT. GTA!. Or call this "GTA Online 2".... NO!... This better be called "Grand Theft Auto 6" or "VI".... whatever. Its an insult to the past. Doom... urgh.... (2016)... there is already a Doom! In 1993! Why didn't you call it "DOOM IV"!!!? It was a fun game, but that makes me mad seriously. STOP REBOOTING THINGS!....

But yeah looking forward to the trailer, whenever it drops 🙂

Completely agree I hope it's not a reboot either.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 1:12 AM, milkface said:

Completely agree I hope it's not a reboot either.

I will say about Doom..... sigh, 2016..... the battle against good and evil, heaven and hell and that, is neverending, its eternal..... so ok that might of been the reason they called the next one "Doom Eternal", which, ok fine. They are both still awesome games tho 🙂

With GTA, they are not calling it GTA 6/VI in their newsletters, they are calling it "the next Grand Theft Auto", and for those who saw the leaked footage, the two protagonists sorry look like generic GTA Online avatars. Tho mind you it was work in progress footage, maybe they spiced them up more with the ol' GTA humor.... but if not, this is why I have a feeling its not going to be called GTA VI.... we will see soon I guess.  

Edited by LooseLink
  • Like 1

Started a new playthrough of hollow knight, it's been a while, I never actually beat it, I often get distracted by trying to complete everything and eventually get bored. I'm a bit better gamer than I was before and I'll not lookup any guides. We'll se how it goes.

On the other hand long weekend coming up so I think I'll take the plunge and get Alan wake 2.

• Like 2

Alan Wake, is just one of all Post Apocalyptic Zombie Games right? 

Got the Retro Flag Controller for Switch and it feels alot better! Little bit heavy in the beginning and the Joystick little bit softer but 0 Drift and very comfortable! 

Alan Wake 2:

I'm about 5-6 hours in, so consider this a "review in progress." This game sets itself up for critique a bit, because the references it draws on are some of those things most dear to my heart - specifically, Twin Peaks (particularly S3) and House of Leaves (as well as Stephen King to a somewhat lesser degree). That's some pretty high caliber shit to be putting yourself in the same sphere of, and the game never quite reaches the heights of those two, but if you're going to be influenced by anything, you might as well go for the best. 

This might be premature, but my issues are more with some of the ideas being slightly spoonfed and diluted. I'm sure this is to cater at least a bit to a more general audience - but even so, some of the stuff is just a teensy bit too hamfisted and obvious. 

That being said, it's also a fucking bonkers ride and has continued to get more bonkers as it goes along. Nitpicks aside, it's one of the most ambitious survival horror/detective/action horror games that has ever existed. It looks amazing. It's controls are just the right combo of limited movement and snappy to make it challenging but not frustrating. 

It's also one of the few games that I have enjoyed every moment of playing. I think that's in part the pacing, both also the variety of settings, characters, etc. Again, I do have some small issues with the writing being slightly obvious, but when we're talking about a game that takes the ideas of meta narrative seriously and goes fucking all in on being it's own thing, it's easily forgivable. 

I never finished Control but this actually makes me want to go back and play- because clearly Remedy is making games for people like me, people who like bizarre, dreamlike, liminal shit that also has a solid action element (Control leaned more on the action, this one feels much more in the survival horror vein). 

So, yeah, it's not perfect but it's pretty fucking great - if I never knew TP and HOL existed this thing would (already) have just been blowing my mind all over the place. 

• Like 2

So... Alan Wake 2, Partial impressions 16h in.

I don't particularly like the gameplay (seems like remedy's weak point) it's not exactly challenging but also frustrating sometimes at the same time. But it's okay.

However the overall narrative, set pieces, ambiance, weirdness and everything else is awesome so far.

• Like 1

I am currently torn between Cyberpunk, Diablo Season 2 and Alan Wake 2. Currently Diablo wins but Alan Wake looks really nice 

Edited by o00o

Finished Alan Wake ake 2, kinda drops the ball in the final act which is ironic given the story. 

Overall worth it as an interactive experience with some really cool moments. I was looking forward to the "remedy connected universe" elements connecting their games but I didn't care much for how it was executed, actually think they cheapened some of the cooler stuff in control. DLC coming later so we'll see.

Considering replaying it cus I know I missed some stuff but probably won't be bothered to. 

Still in with Mario Wonders. The game has some ultra-challenging stuff it reveals after you complete the main story, which has this great balance Nintendo is known for. Very challenging level design but not like those ultra-hard mod levels that came out of the speedrunner scene, but very meticulously balanced and crafted.

There is also a special type of joy in looking at the excited face of a Goomba you turn into, bouncing around on jump plates, when he is not even able to do more than a tiny jump normally

IMG_2295.thumb.jpeg.07d7bb56b756fbcff2906c103fbea182.jpeg

• Like 1

Just finished 13 Sentinels : Aegis Rim on Switch. A mix between visual-novel and strategy-RPG where you follow a very rich sci-fi story (sometimes too rich actually, because it is very fragmented across the 13 protagonists' storylines), and have to fight battles in between chapters. Definitely not your typical teenagers-who-fight-in-mechas anime, I highly recommend it ! The story itself is probably one of the best sci-fi scenarios I experienced.

• Like 1