IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

37 minutes ago, cern said:

I thinking about getting the Resident Evil Origins on Switch, now when I have the Oled I think the graphic will be really good!

Is it a good game? Can anyone recommend me other creepy/mystery games? Cheers 

check out alien isolation and fatal frame. maybe inscryption too, love that one, mindfuck of a game that is. zero escape: the nonary games are really intriguing mystery games too, especially the first two

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

I'm thinking of jumping back into some gaming. I was interested in something casual to pick up here and there for hour or two or something and these usual suspect ps5 games feel like to big of a time investment ,So i was looking at a switch. These mario rpg / wonder / zelda games look really fun but since my only enjoyment out of games i have really gotten in the past has been with highly competitive skill based games league of legends  etc. So this is making me wonder if these nintendo games have somewhat of a edge or are you just blazing through them ? What does your guys switch usage look like and what kind of gamer are you ? And do these nintendo games hold up against those ps5 type of games horizon zero dawn last  of us etc for you guys?

I'd recommend a PC based on what you describe. Maybe a steamdeck?

I recommend the switch only if you can't go without Nintendo's IP games or you're fine with playing mostly casual games and you're concerned about price.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GORDO said:

I'd recommend a PC based on what you describe. Maybe a steamdeck?

I recommend the switch only if you can't go without Nintendo's IP games or you're fine with playing mostly casual games and you're concerned about price.

Yea you are probably right. I am looking for something casual as i want to spent the majority of my time on other hobbies. And i feel like these triple A games dont really allow for that, since you would never finish a game i feel like. And i felt like the switch had all these little games you jump in and out of easily.

Edited by Wunderbar

On 10/1/2023 at 10:54 AM, o00o said:

Great advice thx

Today also cocoon dropped for switch and other systems it’s by one of the guys who designed inside for playdead but left the company afterwards to do his own game which is now finished:

This was amazing.

Edited by Bubba69
messed up

On 10/7/2023 at 3:04 PM, cern said:

I thinking about getting the Resident Evil Origins on Switch, now when I have the Oled I think the graphic will be really good!

Is it a good game? Can anyone recommend me other creepy/mystery games? Cheers 

I don't know if PC is applicable to your question. Also, all my recommendations are old. But I can recommend:

No More Room In Hell: Solid survival horror co-op zombie shooter. Don't even bother trying to kill them all. Move fast and survive. This game is hard. Very satisfying with a good team. Free to play on sTeAm.

Out of Hell: UT 2004 total conversion mod. Single player. Extremely atmospheric. Cold and lonely! Zombies and demons. Again, move fast and use your wits, it's another hard game, and the point is to survive, not to kill them all. What I really liked about this game was that it never answered the question of what happened. You keep finding clues in the form of notes from other people, but they all are based on biases: Notes from scientists try to explain it as a virus. Then you come across a new-age / wicca / pagan magic bookshop where you find "clues" that it's aliens. It's a lot more creepy with no full explanation. Oh, also the game has a pitchfork as a melee weapon, which turned out to be my favourite. The mod was authored by one guy alone and it took him 5 years or so. This is a work of love. He's been working on a remake in UE4 for more than 10 years now. This is going to be good.

Total Chaos: A DOOM wad. Only played this a little during the lockdowns. Extremely unpleasant and creepy atmosphere. Felt a lot like a cross between Resident Evil and Silent Hill.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2023 at 10:59 AM, usagi said:

the two Plague Tale games I've been yakking about stand firmly in contrast to the miserable AAA industry trends you guys are talking about. the gameplay can be a little rough around the edges but 1. it tries (and  imo mostly succeeds) at something different, and 2. the greater merits lie in the "art" of the game rather than the mechanics anyway.

Qft (music is great too btw)

Also loving octopath traveler ii rn

Edited by Berk

Just got this from the developer who did Goblin Sword for iOS ages ago.

It was one of my favorite games on iOS and his new game took 9 years to finally release. I am really curious how it turned out. Its available on all platforms (PC, Switch etc not only PS5 as the trailer suggests).  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSH9rz0uOsY0tVg2oCDuzV6VwxonBiHgBcWTO17guRKFFaxOoGR

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, YEK said:

Picked up Mario Wonder, so far so good. Whether it will be better game than World to me, we’ll see. 

Just tried it this morning. Confirming everything you said. It’s really colorful. I am curious how the higher difficulties will be 

------------  SWITCH USERS I NEED YOUR HELP ----------------

I bought Quake 2 as the price was reduced from 10$ to 3$ omg that is crazy cheap for a brutal fine remaster of Quake 2

I started the game and got panic so fast! The controller I so disgusting! 

I need to move around the whole switch console to aim!! Like a Ipad you know? What is this? 
And can only move forward and backwards with the Joystick. How can you even play this game on a TV?? 

Is this how you play all the FPS-Games on Switch? It is so horrible! Can I be able to fix this? 🤔

Quake might not be a good example of an optimized switch game. I didn’t buy quake but in doom eternal this way of playing works really well for me. Metroid Prime does it really good as well. But it might be different as these games where released on consoles while quake was a pc release as far as I remember 

there are some games designed for mouse and keyboard like Hotline Miami that did not work for me on the switch but most mouse controlled games like portal or Diablo III do a really good job mapping everything to the controllers. If you are not sure before you get a new game search YouTube for reviews they often state if the controls do not work well on consoles 

Edited by o00o