IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I beat the Dead Space remake. Pretty cool. Glad I gave it another shot. 

Next up is probably the Cyberpunk DLC. It's getting crazy good reviews. I still need to get back to Switch at some point too and play the Metroid Prime remaster and Pikmin 4.

• Like 2

I replayed Signalis for the secret ending. seriously, this game. the mystery, the surreality, the layers of meaning, the atmosphere, the horror, the tragedy... it's 10/10 and it seems slept on outside of this niche. this is as close to the Silent Hill experience as you can get outside of SH1/2 (but even darker).

the music alone, that delicate piano riff/leitmotif cuts me every time.

• Like 3

On 9/20/2023 at 2:35 AM, YEK said:

Would that mean no more good Nintendo games?

Probably not but there is nothing wrong with Nintendo that needs to be changed by some stronger player taking control in any way

20 hours ago, milkface said:

Payday 3 came out today. Still waiting for my copy to come in the post.

Only just managed to play since the servers were down. Seems a more watered down version of Payday 2 but that game also has received over 10 years of updates but it's a shame that Payday 3 is online only, there's no crimenet matchmaking system which made the game actually good and competitive and weapon XP forces you to keep changing weapons at the expense of you enjoying the game.

Blasphemous 2 was great, albei bit of a breeze. Also locations / levels didn't feel as significant as the first one's. Looking foward to NG+ and boss rush mode (fingers crossed).

Also enjoying couch-cooping Horizon Chase 2 alot.

6 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

Blasphemous 2 was great, albei bit of a breeze. Also locations / levels didn't feel as significant as the first one's. Looking foward to NG+ and boss rush mode (fingers crossed).

this is up shortly in my queue. you should play Signalis btw, I think you'll dig it.

On 9/22/2023 at 6:51 AM, onecaseman said:

Okay. I started the Metroid Prime remaster. This was one of my favorite games in college. It holds up so far. Atmosphere is great.

Yeah it’s really good.

Mortal Kombat 1 on Switch is a really terrible port. Once more than 2 people are on the screen it really starts to have framerate issues to a point where it’s not playable anymore. Also it downloads 20 gig before you can play the story even tho I bought the cartridge version which took around 5 hours to download. My connection could have downloaded it much faster but since everyone had to do it I guess the servers when down. 

I kind of expected it to be a not so good port but it’s much worse 

I see they have making re-versions of old games I loved to play like Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk Pro Skater and soon all the Tomb Raider games will come out in new shape. 

However.. I don't have any console now! 
What console should I buy? I would love to play the New Metroid Dread also.. 

Should I buy the Nintendo Switch and possible to go handhold which I like alot? 
Or just a Playstation 4 and get maybe more and better games like GTA and stuff? 

24 minutes ago, cern said:

I see they have making re-versions of old games I loved to play like Crash Bandicoot, Tony Hawk Pro Skater and soon all the Tomb Raider games will come out in new shape. 

However.. I don't have any console now! 
What console should I buy? I would love to play the New Metroid Dread also.. 

Should I buy the Nintendo Switch and possible to go handhold which I like alot? 
Or just a Playstation 4 and get maybe more and better games like GTA and stuff? 

Switch is fine, has great games and stuff, mine's gathering dust tho cus I got a powerful-ish PC where I can play the shiny stuff.

I'd say think about what you'll do long term, if you can't do without those bigger scale games or if you'll be happy enough with what Nintendo has to offer (which is plenty tbh)

-----------------------------------

Finished paradise killer. It's okay, not too hard but kinda tedious gameplay, not my thing but I got through it just fine. 

Now I see the witness is on sale so I'm gonna get that.

Edited by GORDO
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cern said:

Im curious about the Switch Oled. The screen seems to be top notch!
But don't know so much what games there is.. I like mystery, puzzle + point and click!

Any recommendations? 

image.png.50527b690e6114b5983ef37698136e29.png
good one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really loving BG3 but taking my time with it since I'm usually too busy and braindead after a work day to get deep into it. Also realized there's another DLC out for Case of the Golden Idol, I love that game so much.. played the first new scenario and it's excellent, continues the story from the first DLC really well.

3 hours ago, YEK said:

image.png.50527b690e6114b5983ef37698136e29.png
good one!

Ouff nothing against sweet little Toad but isn't there any kind of kick ass games? 

My gf thinks Im too childish playing games that is made for 3 year old kids  

7 hours ago, cern said:

But don't know so much what games there is.. I like mystery, puzzle + point and click!

Any recommendations? 

If you like mystery and puzzles, you can play both Switch episodes of Zelda. They are both amazing games regardless of the genre.

There are good point and clicks as well (a port of Myst, the latest Monkey Island, every Deponia games, haven't tried them all).

You can also go to the Nintendo website and sort the games by genres. Cheers ! (also, get a switch)

Edited by Stock
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cern said:

Any recommendations? 

The Switch OLED is a great unit, but it is significantly heavier than the OG version, it has the better battery, and a superior kickstand for tabletop play, plus integrated LAN.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The Switch OLED is a great unit, but it is significantly heavier than the OG version, it has the better battery, and a superior kickstand for tabletop play, plus integrated LAN.

yeah. On one hand its a great time to buy it as there are like 20 exceptionally good games and about 100 really great games instantly available (besides the countless other games they released) but on the other hand there will be a switch v2 very soon as they already showed it on this years gamescom behind closed doors already.