IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

:)

I'm glad we can joke about leaks on here.

In other news, I've been listening to a lot of Autechre for the first time in a while, not that anybody wants to talk about this anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that Draft 7.30 is my favorite of theirs. It is utterly abstract. They reached the limit, I think. And everything after it can only look like variations and novelty.

I think the question of Quaristice vs. Oversteps is probably the main dividing line between Autechre fans. For me, it's Quaristice.

Yeah, I can agree with the heart of this post. I agree with what you say about draft, I put chiastic slide above it but I agree that draft is the "peak" or "limit" of autechre. Which is not to slight their later work at all. Untilted for example is an unprecedented novel way of doing "dance" music (exemplified by the Glasgow live set).

As for quar vs oversteps, I'm conflicted. I think quaristice has the more interesting individual tracks, but I buy oversteps more as a complete expression, a unified whole. I think I'd take Oversteps to the desert island before quaristice.

PS I love acroyear

Edited by Joseph

*changes name from philip to flep*

edit: plus my birthday adds up to 7, so it's destiny, obviously

pixelives: can you describe flep for my own well-being pls?

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

No love for ep7. Maybe I'm biased because it was the first Autechre disc I bought, but I feel like it had the most personality and struck a great balance between their earlier, catchier sound and their more recent colder, more abstract sound. That and the progression from Chiastic Slide -> Cichlisuite -> LP5 -> Ep7 was quite magical.

Edited by tyoi

Were you born January 3rd 2010?

obv not, whats the significance of this date, if i'm not retarded for asking? (other than it too adding up to 7)

April 1st 2000?

No love for ep7. Maybe I'm biased because it was the first Autechre disc I bought, but I feel like it had the most personality and struck a great balance between their earlier, catchier sound and their more recent colder, more abstract sound. That and the progression from Chiastic Slide -> Cichlisuite -> LP5 -> Ep7 was quite magical.

Well, I think most people are talking about LPs, and EP7 is...yeah.

Great EP though. Probably the best one.

Whoever made the silent Exai: FUCK YOU! GOD, DAMMIT!

lol fucking hell. i can't believe i fell for that, and i can't believe a fakir thought it would be worthwhile to distriute a silent exai. wtf?!

Does anyone else still get excited that this is a DOUBLE album we are talking about? Woo woo wee. I never thought I'd see the day when Autechre released a double album. But then it also felt so natural and 'right' when I read it'd be two discs of brand new music.

Running out of things...