IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

thanks to a kind soul i'm listening to keyosc. finally a worthy japanese bonus track again

Eh... Pffff where's your Modesty, gentleman.

Prostitute Monkey

Prime Minister

Psilocybin Mushrooms

I'm a bit disappointed... I just listened to Exai for two hours and there are only a few tracks that are awesome.

Btw, there's pretty much 1 track with a hip hop beat, so whoever said that there was a lot of hip hop beats should hit himself in the fucking face cuz you don't know jack about hip hop.

there's plenty at traditional hiphop tempo however.

Not the same though.

Not sure what you were expecting. This is hiphop psychedelia from the year 3789.

thanks to a kind soul i'm listening to keyosc. finally a worthy japanese bonus track again

Prostitute Monkey

Prime Minister

Psilocybin Mushrooms

PBreaking MRules

I'm a bit disappointed... I just listened to Exai for two hours and there are only a few tracks that are awesome.

Btw, there's pretty much 1 track with a hip hop beat, so whoever said that there was a lot of hip hop beats should hit himself in the fucking face cuz you don't know jack about hip hop.

Not the same though.

Not sure what you were expecting. This is hiphop psychedelia from the year 3789.

A hip hop beat/rhythm... if people say it has hip hop beats and it doesn't then I'm quite disappointed in that, plus the sound design of XI isn't that great on half of its tracks either...

Prostitute Monkey

Prime Minister

Psilocybin Mushrooms

I bet this would be awesome to listen to in the PopeMobile.

Not the same though.

A hip hop beat/rhythm... if people say it has hip hop beats and it doesn't then I'm quite disappointed in that, plus the sound design of XI isn't that great on half of its tracks either...

LOL, good luck bro.

Listened to the first half this morning (and also 1 1 is). Gonna take a while to sink in, I think. I've been so immersed in a world of 80s synth prog stuff lately that this album is a bit of a jarring change. Mostly that all of the beautiful melodies everyone is ejaculating over aren't quite as gorgeous as I expected.

Is it just me or does Flep contain hints of V-proc? Near the end where everything drops out and the beat goes clicky.

Edited by modey

Just finished my second listen and Flep is the only track I'm not wild about, but it's not bad either, just stands out as subpar on an otherwise brilliant album. Disc 2 is a masterpiece from start to finish. So happy right now...I promised I wouldn't cry...oh fuck...

irlite (get 0) is a fucking masterpiece. It's a miniature symphony. Fuck. The multiple movements and permutations.

I'm convinced the second section of the track (the part from 4:30 onwards) didn't exist until my second listen. Have Autechre somehow invented the procedurally generated sound file ?

Phling and others who obtained an Analog 4, are you hearing it on here? I feel like the entire synth noise breakdown on track 1 is ridiculous tweaking of all the modulation parameters on an A4 voice patch, sounds so fucking good. *shits self*

Let's hope for an EP and a tour later this year, that would make this year super awesome.

LOL. When did you *start* listening to Autechre? I can't believe you don't get how fucking face ripping rad this beast of an album is

Let's hope for an EP and a tour later this year, that would make this year super awesome.

Yah...So far is shit! ...and I'm not getting all this exai hype neither. Only an EP could save this year from total disaster!

Phling and others who obtained an Analog 4, are you hearing it on here? I feel like the entire synth noise breakdown on track 1 is ridiculous tweaking of all the modulation parameters on an A4 voice patch, sounds so fucking good. *shits self*

Just in terms of timescale there's no way there's any analog 4 on here. Album will have largely been written 1-2 years ago, I can't imagine there were any A4s outside elektron hq before last summer at the earliest.