IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

• 2 weeks later...

Compelled to join forum after I spent several hours reading the initial evaluations of Exai while I was first digesting it. A couple of months later it's still an obsession. Hard to quanitfy because Autechre's career is so long and varied but I can't remember being this obsessed with so many tracks from a single album at the same time. In any event I have decided 1 1 Is is probably my favorite Autechre track of all time. Simply glorious on my low watt/high end tube amp plus huge 7ps vintage 150 lb high db efficient speakers. Just ridiculous.

Overall simply perfect for commuting throuh the City.,

Compelled to join forum after I spent several hours reading the initial evaluations of Exai while I was first digesting it. A couple of months later it's still an obsession. Hard to quanitfy because Autechre's career is so long and varied but I can't remember being this obsessed with so many tracks from a single album at the same time. In any event I have decided 1 1 Is is probably my favorite Autechre track of all time. Simply glorious on my low watt/high end tube amp plus huge 7ps vintage 150 lb high db efficient speakers. Just ridiculous.

1 1 is awesome - definitely among my Exai top three. It's like that bass towards the end stimulates alpha brain waves or something.

Edited by ambermonk

... Simply glorious on my low watt/high end tube amp plus huge 7ps vintage 150 lb high db efficient speakers. Just ridiculous.

Pics, or it didn't happen!

And welcome aboard, btw. ;)

... Simply glorious on my low watt/high end tube amp plus huge 7ps vintage 150 lb high db efficient speakers. Just ridiculous.

Pics, or it didn't happen!

And welcome aboard, btw. ;)

Here ya go:

Speaker.jpg

0037F.jpg

1 1 is awesome - definitely among my Exai top three. It's like that bass towards the end stimulates alpha brain waves or something.

Yeah that transition and coda is great and the whole track snakes around in the stereo field. The details just get better and better at higher volume.

Haha

Lovely piece of furniture. If I didn't know better I'd think it would contain your secret booze stash..

Archival pic. Ironically, it presently has various bottles of single malt across the top.

Compelled to join forum after I spent several hours reading the initial evaluations of Exai while I was first digesting it.

Welcome to hell.

Compelled to join forum after I spent several hours reading the initial evaluations of Exai while I was first digesting it.

Welcome to hell.

LOL

We're the Sowers of Discord in Dante's hell.

Dantes-Inferno.jpg

You know that their charity tracks are just tracks they have sitting around on the shelf, right? They're not created specifically for natural disasters.

Guest theSun

6852 is so clearly a one-off track it might as well be a gescom single with ts1a

sounds like a draft era reject touched up with oversteps equipment/technique

You know that their charity tracks are just tracks they have sitting around on the shelf, right? They're not created specifically for natural disasters.

*chokes on beer* *beer splutters out of nose and eyeballs*

flol

6852 is so clearly a one-off track it might as well be a gescom single with ts1a

sounds like a draft era reject touched up with oversteps equipment/technique

How dare you insult 6852

It is no reject

Guest theSun

im just saying it didn't make it onto the album

it was rejected

maybe it didn't flow right with other tracks, maybe it was unfinished, but it sounds very much like draft

I disagree. I think it's a Quari era track, has the same kind of noodly quality as Blyz Castl. I think I recall Osc confirming this with the lads themselves on some Skam night or something too. SO I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG AND ALSO GAY LOL

Guest theSun

i know deep in my heart that 6852 genesised at draft

i will never forgive u obel

NEVER

Prac-f is still the most mindblowing thing. So much detail, such voluptuous morphing sounds! The three main 'shifts' in that that track make your brain explode. So good!

nodezsh is neck and neck with second bad vilbel as probably the most sinister sounding thing they've done

Nodezsh is a track I keep coming back to. That run of 11 is...nodezsh...runrepik...spl9 is just incredible. It's the sound of two guys that have totally mastered their equipment, right at the top of their game imo.

I always skip Flep. Fuck Flep.

same, only one I don't like on the whole double album.

I meant to ask a while back if you ended up liking the album?