IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

The pressing sounds totally lush, I prefer it even to the 24bit FLAC. It seems to have more depth, dynamics and a more detailed high-end, and the vinyl takes a lot of the 'cold' and 'digital' feel away from it as well imo, sounds warmer. Bass seems plentiful also.

I am still spinning the fuck out of this album and getting a lot out of it. WAY more than Oversteps and MoT combined I think. Exai has a feel, like some other Ae records do (Amber, Envane, EP7, Confield, Draft) and the feel is like a dense solid that breaks in a very particular way, like fire-lighter cubes crack.

But mostly I just enjoy the music on the discs.

Guest Shadow GriZZly

suspicions confirmed: exai > new boc

now show me what you got, richard :aphexsign:

That's true for me as well, and that's considering that I like TH very much.

so lush

well except it's a pain to get the discs in/out of their sleeves; mine are in a binder

but it's far from being the most impractical cd packaging I own

Edited by doorjamb

Will the 24bit wav sound better than the 320mp3 on a laptop through headphones?

I'm not sure whether to bother d/l it,or will the flac sound better than the mp3 listening like this.

Sorry for what might be newb questions.

Will the 24bit wav sound better than the 320mp3 on a laptop through headphones?

I'm not sure whether to bother d/l it,or will the flac sound better than the mp3 listening like this.

Sorry for what might be newb questions.

MP3 would be fine I think

Guest Shadow GriZZly

Exai is still my AOTY, greater than Ceephax and definitely greater than Tomorrow's Harvest.

Not sure what else is due out for the rest of the year that might even come close....

Same here, although if ranked among other AE albums, its placement is somewhere in the middle of their discography.

But nevertheless. Maybe I am a fanboy, afterall

Exai is still my AOTY, greater than Ceephax and definitely greater than Tomorrow's Harvest.

Not sure what else is due out for the rest of the year that might even come close....

THE EP!