IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

No, there are quite some tracks on both releases I like.

Almost everything on Oversteps and the first 4 tracks on Move of Ten and Iris Was a Pupil.

Also, I noticed that there are many people who think a leak is Autechre-made, and then love it, but when the official release is there the leak sucks all of a sudden. Some people really don't know anything about what Autechre would do.

I would like Untilted 2.0...

This time the machine is alive!

image.jpg

Exia?

Also, I noticed that there are many people who think a leak is Autechre-made, and then love it, but when the official release is there the leak sucks all of a sudden. Some people really don't know anything about what Autechre would do.

i know this all too well and received major backlash from the very same people who praised my work when they thought it was AE during the Untilted fake. I think a lot of the time people actually get offended or hurt feelings based on the fact that their own ears deceived them if for no other reason

Edited by Awepittance

i know this all too well and received major backlash from the very same people who praised my work when they thought it was AE during the Untilted fake. I think a lot of the time people actually get offended or hurt feelings based on the fact that their own ears deceived them if for no other reason

Well, one could see it as a form of plagiarism and or identity theft. Things most of us aren't ok with

Plagiarism, seriously? That one doesn't fit the bill at all. Identity theft is a fair call, but only spoofing an identity to people who are stealing the album using file sharing networks. I think if one sees it that way they need to lighten up honestly.

Edited by Awepittance

You should really shoot yourself in the face with a brick if you can't tell that and obvious fake Ae album is fake, and don't get mad at the fakes or the people who made the fakes for making the fakes and you were mislead, because you should've known better than that.

You should really shoot yourself in the face with a brick if you can't tell that and obvious fake Ae album is fake, and don't get mad at the fakes or the people who made the fakes for making the fakes and you were mislead, because you should've known better than that.

wow, someone's tetchy today. that fake was pretty bad though. I've heard gl0tch do a lot better.

I think if an artist goes too far downhill it's justified to be a bit butthurt; I know I was with Orbital when they jumped off the cliff into mediocrity.

That said I'm still curious what Ae will do next. Sean always looks a bit monged out in photos these days, so I do wonder if they can ever bring the multilayered intensity back. But then, there was a lot about their "multilayered and intense" period that seemed kind of uptight, formally. I liked Oversteps, still do, but it's not quite as alien as their earlier work (and is not really off-putting in any way, which I think is the biggest change...unless you count known(1)). Did not like MoT except for...M82?

Am cautiously optimistic about the new album, although I fear it will suffer from Quaristice lack of QC version diarrhea, and I don't like the "70's avocado rug swatches" cover.

The leaked version of Oversteps that I was a part of was, and still is, pretty amazing, tbh.

url?

I'm not sure if it's even still online anymore.. I'll try uploading it again at some point.

Plagiarism, seriously? That one doesn't fit the bill at all. Identity theft is a fair call, but only spoofing an identity to people who are stealing the album using file sharing networks. I think if one sees it that way they need to lighten up honestly.

maybe, but i also feel that you and glotch or anyone releasing fake leaks is sort of as if parents would try to convince their college age children that Santa exists. it's as blatant, and while it maybe was funny one time in 2005, it ultimately is an insult to intelligence and is just annoying. but maybe we should just play along amiright? no. it's not even funny.

i guess i see it completely differently, where there is so much mythology built up around Autechre that it only adds to the fun of anticipating a new album. Look what happened with the Tuss, the fake myspace thing basically changed the direction which Rephlex was going, for better or worse they seemed to fully embrace the mystique of Brian Tregaskin and even later created their own fake myspace persona, Steinvord after signing several independent artists who played into the same mystique (wisp, monolith).
As we get closer to time wave zero (semi joke) hoaxes in general will be far more prevalent. Imagine a time where someone with an imac could create a totally convincing photorealistic fake rendering of an event featuring the president of the united states ejaculating onto the constitution. I am very excited about the future frankly

Edited by Awepittance

yeah actually my previous post probably turned out more negative than intended... i certainly don't want to spoil your fun.

though it might help if your and glotch's name would not be near any "leak", at this point if any of you would proclaim to have gotten hold of legit material, who would buy into that?

but it would be the shit if glotch actually somehow got the real album early. then warp would cancel the release because of it, and he would desparately try for the rest of his life to convince watmm of it (probably from inside a mental institution).

it's never going to happen unfortunately. They are very guarded with their AE material, so much so that personal friends of theirs don't even get copies until the rest of us hear them. Not so much with Gescom stuff, it's the only time i had a 'leak' about a month before it actually leaked, but even I know better than to be the one responsible for leaking it first.

Guest cult fiction
As we get closer to time wave zero (semi joke) hoaxes in general will be far more prevalent. Imagine a time where someone with an imac could create a totally convincing photorealistic fake rendering of an event featuring the president of the united states ejaculating onto the constitution. I am very excited about the future frankly

Every digital picture is just an array of bytes. Somewhere in the total space of all possible 1920x1080 images, there is a sequence of images that makes up the entire first season of Breaking Bad where Jessie has been replaced by Sean Booth. If a neural network were trained to spit out images and each successive generation was rewarded for producing images that resemble Bryan Cranston and Sean Booth together in the same frame, while another neural network was trained to stitch the images together based on how well they match scenes from Breaking Bad season 1, we could have this whole thing done in the next 10 years.

Guest Balance
.... Am I completely alone in being a fan of oversteps and move of ten? :mu-ziq:

Nah, although I far prefer steps to the ten.

Remember it's the vocal minority vs the silent majority.

Ae albums are always going to be divisive, but anyway Ovewsteps is LUSH.

Especially when you haven't heard it for a while and listen to it in preperation for the new one ;)

Remember the venom about known 1 LOL that was funny, that track is superb, as soon as I heard it on the leak I knew it was ae.

I think Move of Ten is much more interesting than Oversteps.

Both of their first tracks have obnoxiously sloppy drum programming, but I think Itchygonads' make much more sense, and it has the cool ninja sword sounds, whereas r esssss's just kind of derp along.

ilanders has a great A part but the melody of the B part is kind of aimless; whereas the use of the static-y breathing pump in Nth Dafuser da B dub dub rubba B dub bubblelubba is fuckin cool, plus BOC flute!

Same with knownfacebook(1) - it has a cool A part but the B part doesn't move the track along in any new direction, it's just ... different; whereas iris I think is the track that gets it right with their attempt to program melodies like drums -- that step-wise synth part is just so cool.

pthththptphthtphtphhhhhffffffffffffartph8 is a throwaway. And y7 doesn't have a ton of change, but the sounds are incredible.

qplay is a weird mix of cool pads, an annoyingly cheesy byeow-byeow synth part on top, and the whiplash drums from Druqks, and no border is kind of like the distant echo of qplay

see on see on see, again, has a great part A melody, and then a pointless part B melody, which I think is better than pc freeze which just drags on with that beat

Treale uses that buzzy synth part on top in a less interesting way than y7, whereas M83 is an awesome autechre house tune, even though it's just variations on the one set-up with the bassline

os viex3 I just can't get into, it's polite and unassuming, while rewfacebook(1) is a great Gescom Skull Snap outtake that goes on for a bit too long but is a humorous farting hip-hop track

ylmo is like OO====D without the drums and bells, and both are okay, but again, I think iris does the same thing way better

fo sho cuz has some great huge beats, but here too I think the synth sounds are cheesy and have no direction, whereas the granular beats of Cep bisquick are really cool even if the background is just an indecipherable mess of dissonant noise.

So, overall, I think MoT wins this tete-a-tete. Objections welcome!