IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

lol,

i actually think this track is very close to what the metal band Meshuggah does.

and frankly, i wouldn't mind 2 hours of ae doing exactly this. it's pretty mental & aggressive, i hadn't expected anything like this at all after one more step / lawnmower 10...

edit: sound-quality wise.. ima wondering... it's almost 2013, and this isn't a realplayer audio file... soundcloud compression isn't that bad, but the track sound quite muddy...?

Edited by Guest

Very disappointing, looks like we're going to be back in Quaristice-style jam session territory again, though it's not quite as dire as what's on that album. March doesn't seem that far away now

obvious oversteps fan is obvious

you would have to download a program like Audacity (freeware) load in the mp3, and then use the crop/trim function under editors to turn the entire podcast file into just the autechre track then resave it. Only problem is if you save it as an mp3 you will be 'transcoding' it will make the quality even lower. I'd recommend saving it as an aiff or wave file

The progression of this track sounds far more Untilted than Quaristice. Its chaotic but doesnt scream 'jam' to me. Im hoping the muddy mix is just a poor quality, though..

Edited by Marked x 0ne

edit: sound-quality wise.. ima wondering... it's almost 2013, and this isn't a realplayer audio file... soundcloud compression isn't that bad, but the track sound quite muddy...?

I think that's just what it sounds like. Everything in the track is mono, apart from the very wide reverb sounds, and some very slight transients and fluttery noises which could be caused by the encoding.

Dynamics wise, I don't think it's Traktor that is crushing the sound - most of the rest of the mix is louder than the Ae track

Might be taken from a low-quality mono source for use in the mix, and the reverbs added on in Traktor (they do sound a little Iceverb-ish, thinking about it..)

... Or it could be a faek

Hmm, not getting a fake vibe from it - and the guy who did the mix is Rephlex's web designer, so I can imagine him getting his hands on things like this.

Edited by xy_politics

that whole podcast is pretty awesome, actually.

yeah it is, I didn't realized 'fail me' was still going. I will be paying more attention this time, very good selection overall. Some truly challenging and captivating stuff in there, and i usually find most new experimental music to be too bland for my taste. A+